The Right to Marriage. [MATURE 18+ DISCUSSION]

Talk about politics here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

Should everyone be entitled to marriage?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 106

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: The Right to Marriage. [MATURE 18+ DISCUSSION]

Post by Spencer » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:17 pm

I went and looked at my old posts in this thread, and am annoyed at my younger self.

Then again, I was basically a different person back then. I know it's a bit late, since constitutionally in the US, everyone can get married now. But when that decision came down I was happy about it.

Marriage is a declaration of intent, and its a declaration of love, and everyone should be allowed to make that declaration with the person they love, regardless of the genders involved.

mainstreet52
Civilian

Post by mainstreet52 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:35 am

I'm going to take this one step further. Why are we limited to just one married partner? I know quite a few groups of people... 3 people, 5 people, and so on... that would all be married if they could, or at least in some of the connections... many don't marry at all because it's not fair to their other partners.

Every relationship is different. Let's recognize that.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:29 am

<To sum up what most people are saying, if I am a Human, and I want to marry 1 or more Humans, then I should be allowed to do so regardless of the genders involved, however a religious group should have the right to say "Yes you can legally get married, you just can't do it here." So if I want to marry a dog, a cat or a child, then that shouldn't be allowed, but if I want to marry two diffrent women and another guy, then fine, as long as we aren't hurting anybody else.>
<Personally I think there should be some kind of maturity test, to make sure that you know how to take care of yourself and are ready for this kind of relationship first.>
<I read that one culture had a custom that if you wanted to get married you had to publicly say so several times over the course of one or two years.>
<Think about that, what if in order to get married we had to proclame our love and intention to get married every 3 months for two years, and if we misses one, then we had to start over?>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20