Happy Holidays!

All official announcements are posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Happy Holidays!

Post by gh astly » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:58 am

That's too bad about your brother's family. Let's hope they get better soon.
Also, how did you make your mother cry?
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:04 pm

<My mother likes to play a game called "CLUE", if you don't know it you should, Tobias proves in the books that he has played, when he gets hit with a bat by David in book 21.>
<Anyway my youngest brother got her a new CLUE game for Christmas and we were playing it. However we ran into a problem and were descending one of the new rules. There are three spaces with "?" on them, if you get to one before anyone else you get the card designated for that spot. One of the cards said that you get to ask "an extra question each turn". So we were talking about what that meant.>
<...or I should say they were talking about it. I wasn't allowed to get a word in edge wise.>
<Ever since I was a little boy I have felt like Tobias, in that I have felt unloved even by my own family.>
<In this case I tried for 10 whole minutes to get a word in and people kept talking over each other so I couldn't say anything.>
<Finally I found a gap in the talking and I got out three words before my mother interrupted me.>
<I hate to say it but I snapped at her. "My mother always taught me that it is rude to interrupt people." I said at one point.>
<I made it clear that I felt that it was just one more way of being disrespected over the years that I wasn't being allowed to say anything.>
<Was it wrong to snap at my mother on Christmas Eve? Yes.>
<Was it wrong for them to disrespect me ever chance they get? No.>
<Does that justify my behavior? No it does not.>
<To review, every year at Christmas we tend to go around the room taking turns each opening one gift at a time. I only have enough gifts to open for one round, and now that I am married I might get two rounds, but the second gift is for both of us, yet EVERYONE else gets 5 to 7 rounds of gifts.>
<My wife just told me this past week that she is terrified by the thought of me driving, even though she has never seen me drive.>
<Yes I will admit that I didn't do that great the last time I drove, but that was over 13 years ago and I was in Driver's Ed, from what I understand NOBODY is good at driving their first time.>
<Every chance my family gets they make fun of me and make it sound like I can't do anything right. I am a complete and total failure.>
<My wife admitted to me this week that the main reason she married me is because she likes spending time with my family and my family said that they don't like hanging out with me unless my wife is there.>
<Yes I have my problems, I am not perfect, but why is it that the first time I felt real love was when my younger brother's daughter saw me walk in the door to my father's house and she ran into my arms?>

"Wait, what?" you may ask, "But you said that was your younger brother. You can't have kids until you're at least 15 at the youngest, and I'm guessing your brother was a little older than that when he had kids. On top of that she had to be at least a year old before she could run to you."

<EXACTLY!!!>
<That's my freaking point!>

<...it is also why I put Tobias in my user name.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:20 pm

So, wait, your family jumped down your throat because you were mad about not even being able to say what you wanted?
That's bullshit. Everybody deserves some level of respect, and it looks like they're not giving that to you.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:38 pm

<Now use your imagination to visualize that going on for the last 26 years or so (I am 31 years of age).>
<The first three times I got my wife any kind of gift the first words out of her mouth were "I can't wait to take this back".>
<We were going to get married in May of 2011, but got married in Sept of 2010 so that my wife wouldn't be homeless and yet we would not live together unmarried, needed so that we could get married in the church.>
<Then we had a big ceremonial in May, shortly after the big get together she told me that she felt rushed into marring me, that she had been waiting for some government benefits (that even to this day it doesn't look like she is ever going to get) then she was going to leave me, however now that she had to pick between marring me and being homeless she felt stuck with me.>
<Wait, it's one week after our wedding and your just telling me this NOW?!?>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Really, I hate to say something like this, and I may seem like a d**k for saying it, but it really sounds like you'd be better off without her. If she doesn't appreciate anything you do and has openly admitted that she's only married to you so she has a place to live, I think that you'd be a lot happier if you two went your separate ways.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:52 pm

<Actually she moved out for 6 months to spend time with her father this past year and only came back in early November.>

<Of the 4 Christmas gifts I got, there was a Hotwheels Star Trek ship from my brother (He got my mom a CLUE game, my wife a $25 Facebook gift card, my mother-in-law a $25 gift card for Amazon, and for my dad he got really nice pocket watch.>
<My dad and step-mom got my wife and I a date night (with two movie tickets to a move of our choice and money for dinner).>
<My wife got me two gifts, one hasn't come in yet and the other one was the last season of a TV show on DVD that I was only missing the last season of.>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Well, it sounds like you'll at least enjoy the gifts that you got.

I ended up receiving some recording equipment (more for Logan than anything, really), Pokemon HeartGold, which I've been looking for for a while, and some room decorations. That's pretty much it to speak of.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:03 pm

<Well I will, its just that whenever I spend time with family it often gets a little sour milk mixed in.>
<There was a long talk about resumes and how no matter what I do mine never seems to be good enough.>
<I saw a "Perfect resume" on-line that said, "I've kidnapped your family and if you don't hire me they will be killed" and sometimes I feel like that is the only way I'll ever get a better job.>

<Yes, I know that CLEARLY will not work.>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Wait, that's not a good way to get a job?
Well, I checked, and it's apparently a good way to get arrested.
I guess I'm screwed.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:28 pm

<The other way NOT to get a job is to tell them that if they hire you then you will tell them how to get huge loads of cash.>