K A Applegate's other stuff?

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
QwertyManiac
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: K A Applegate's other stuff?

Post by QwertyManiac » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:11 pm

I liked Everworld a lot, and the ending wasn't bad at all. I liked the alien mythology mixed with norse, among others. Jalil was a my favorite character in the book.

I couldn't complete all the Remnants books however, since my lending library didn't have them all. I got around to reading the first 10 alone. I wish there were some e-books available.

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Dr Sario » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:34 am

There are in the Downloads section now that you've got 5 posts that I hope are meaningful. Oh, and you didn't miss a lot; the last 7 weren't so good.
I have read Everworld 10 and had trouble believing KAA ever wanted to do Everworld, let alone have it as her dream project.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

tytyy
Gedd

Post by tytyy » Fri May 01, 2009 11:10 am

I wanted to read the Everworld series, but our school library has books 5,6,9,10 and 11!! Whats the point in that? lol

Rachel Spirits
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Rachel Spirits » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:47 am

Everworld was good. But I really enjoyed her work with Animorphs. She seemed to pour most of her soul into that series. It's really sad she didn't keep it going, but I'm sure coming up with new material all the time was wearing her out.

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:15 pm

I'm suprised neither one was made into a tv series.
Last edited by BSerAkafanofblake on Tue May 11, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pfreead
Gedd

Post by pfreead » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:04 am

I enjoyed Everworld series. Although aimed at younger readers, I borrowed them from my son and found the references to Greek, Roman, Norse etc mythology really fun and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I'm not sure if I'll be quite as hooked by Animorphs but it's early days for me (Only on book 5).

Dameg
Civilian

Post by Dameg » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:48 am

Everworld isn't aimed at younger readers... O_o
Nobody ever read Remnants?
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
DeviantArt

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:15 am

I have. Books 2-7 were the best.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

nomadsland
Commander
Commander

Post by nomadsland » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:28 am

I read all of the Remnants series. I enjoyed it for the most part, but I felt that the last few books were rushed and lacking. And the ending sort of came out of left field.

I've only read the first of the Everworld series, but it seems good. I love mythology and aliens, so this should be right up my alley.
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

LisaCharly
Aristh
Aristh

Post by LisaCharly » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:05 am

I enjoyed Remnants but it wasn't nearly as good as Animorphs. It kind of felt like the TV series Lost, but with aliens. Very survival-oriented, you keep reading just to know which character dies next, characters aren't all that complex but there are more of them, etcetera. There were some great ideas, though. The Hieronymous Bosch scene was suitably terrifying, and I loved the 13th book and anything involving Kubrick and D-Caf. The Baby actually gave me nightmares sometimes. Definitely a flawed series, though - the jump between #9 and #10 (cutting from the middle of a battle scene to "three months later") was inexcusable, and the ending was total pants. I couldn't believe, after such a great ending she gave to Animorphs, that she'd phone it in so hard with Remnants. Time travel and Billy's magic power of love? 2Face dies of a broken heart? What is that crap? She obviously had written herself into a corner.

Only read the first book of Everworld and was bored senseless.