WHY I HATE HARRY POTTER

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Re: WHY I HATE HARRY POTTER

Post by TF. » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:33 pm

The first page of this thread is truly formidable.

EDIT:
I disagree entirely.

[quote="capnnerefir"]the cattle in book #38)\[/quote]

#28 but HP still sucks
Image Image Image Image

freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by freded21 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey about the idiots guide to suicide http://www.cracked.com/article_15658_th ... guide.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Its pretty funny. There's some adult language in there soo.... yeah.
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:21 pm

freded21 wrote:Hey about the idiots guide to suicide http://www.cracked.com/article_15658_th ... guide.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Its pretty funny. There's some adult language in there soo.... yeah.
Extremely funny. :lol:
Image Image Image Image

freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by freded21 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey capn, is there any place I can get the whole rant in one word document or something? Just something I could print out easily.
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI

Post by Spencer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:35 pm

freded21 wrote:Hey capn, is there any place I can get the whole rant in one word document or something? Just something I could print out easily.
A while back I took the liberty of compiling cap's essay into one document. I even added appendices in case the webpages ever stopped working. Here's a download link of the PDF I just converted the original word document to.

Why I Hate Harry Potter: an essay by capnnerefir

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Sassy_Cat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:38 pm

As I've said before, I'm no fan.

That was one long Capn'.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

JMRCTA
Admiral
Admiral

Post by JMRCTA » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:01 pm

capnnerefir officially don't like Harry Potter, he gave a full effort on his long post. He really hated it. :(
Unique individualities. Are forgotten.

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:25 pm

JMRCTA wrote:. :(
I agree.

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Sat May 28, 2011 10:14 am

Here's something truly hilarious i found on Cracked... Matches the theme of this thread.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:49 pm

capnnerefir wrote: A story is not just words on paper. It is not just the will and imagination of the author; not if it is a good story anyway. Perhaps it begins that way, but there is a point at which it becomes a real thing. Characters become real; if not in fact than in function. Characters (at least real, developed characters) have their own thoughts and opinions that may (and often do and should) deviate from those of the authors. I do not agree with every decision my characters make, but it is no longer in my hands.

The mark of a good author is a lack of control over his own work. The story becomes the domain of the characters, with the author having very little to do with it at all. The authors purpose becomes only that of recording the characters actions, not in controlling them.
This must be the manifesto of a true artist. Infact, I like it so much that I think I'll make you a present just for that. Bravo, Captain.
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫