Ender's Game (and other Orson Scott Card books)

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Nyxaeterna
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Ender's Game (and other Orson Scott Card books)

Post by Nyxaeterna » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:37 am

So, Ender's Game is one of my top favorite books, as well as the rest of the series. To give a brief summary, Ender's Game takes place in the ambiguous near-ish future, about 80 years after Earth has been invaded by a hostile and devastating alien species called the Formics (named due to their loose resemblance to giant ants, commonly called Buggers). Earth was nearly destroyed by the invasion, only barely surviving thanks to the genius of one commander, Mazer Rackham. Long since having realized that genius must be cultivated and people must come together, the International Fleet recruits young, genius children into their Battle School, a highly specialized military school orbiting Earth. Ender is one such child, one who has the potential to be the greatest commander the International Fleet has seen since Rackham himself.

This book (and series) explores many themes and philosophies, including many explored in the Animorphs series. I highly recommend them to all fans here!

Anyone else a reader of the Enderverse?

sunkist
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Ender's Game (and other Orson Scott Card books)

Post by sunkist » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:05 pm

this book is the next one on my book list.
i watched the movie, and i didn't really like it, however i'm pretty sure the book is way better.
is the series still going on?

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: Ender's Game (and other Orson Scott Card books)

Post by Ellimist » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:23 pm

I loved Ender's Game, read it around 5 years ago, still remember it, so it must have been an experience. I didn't read any other books in the series, but I ought to.