The Thesiad (my novellas)

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

The Thesiad (my novellas)

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Hey guys.

I think that enough time has passed that some of you might not know this, but a few years back I wrote a lot of Animorphs fanfiction. I stopped kind of abruptly in order to work on other projects, novels that I planned to publish. My life has taken a lot of twists and turns since then. I've written a few novels but never published them. There was really only one that I even tried to publish, but I couldn't manage to hook an agent for it; the others I've just felt aren't up to standard.

Recently, I realized that I was never more productive with my writing than when I was writing Neomorphs. That was when I really sat down and got things done. I worked on those stories for years, writing somewhere around 20 novella-sized stories. So, since a lot of my other writing plans weren't coming along as intended, I decided to get back to my roots. I started writing the Thesiad, intended to be a series of YA novellas.

Since book stores hate novellas (they just don't sell) I'm going to be publishing these stories myself, digitally. I'll have more information on that when it's available. I'm hoping to put the first one on sale January 15th, though things might not work out that way. Right now, I'm trying to find someone who can do the cover art for it, since that plays a major factor in novella sales.

It shouldn't be any surprise that the Thesiad is, at least in my mind, inspired by Animorphs. At the end of the day, I was never happier with my writing than when I was writing Animorphs, so there are some common threads - namely, six kids fighting to save the world from a threat no one else is aware of. I view the Thesiad as a sort of spiritual successor to the novels that shaped my life when I was growing up, and I'd kind of like to offer something similar to kids now. Stylistically, I'm sure astute readers will note many similarities in the technicals of the writing. I'm trying to take all of the things I loved about Animorphs and use it to tell a story of my own.

That said, this is a totally different story.

The blurb:
Kiana's life is changed forever when she and five strangers share a dream of the world being destroyed and are told that they can only stop it by destroying an ancient demon named Zahak. Finding each other and joining forces is only the beginning of their challenge. Together, they must learn to master ancient powers and their own unique talents in order to stop Zahak. Kiana, Gideon, Jay, Monique, Amir, and Ignacio must fight through Zahak's demons as well as their own if they are to save the world from complete destruction.

As you can see, I'm still working on the blurb.

As I said, the first novella is totally finished aside from the cover art, and I'm working on the second already. Ideally, I'll be able to publish six of these every year (or maybe 12 if I could afford to quit my job, but that's improbable) and if all goes as planned, I'll be able to put them all into one collection and publish it in the traditional manner.

So...that's what I'm up to these days. If you've got questions, comments, etc. feel encourage to ask them because I kind of like talking about myself.

I'll have purchase information for interested parties as available.

KelbridKiller123
Civilian

Re: The Thesiad (my novellas)

Post by KelbridKiller123 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:53 am

Were can u buy these books?
"Answer this, Ellimist: did I . . . did I make a difference? My life, and my . . . my death . . . was it worth it? Did my life really matter?"
"Yes," he said. "You were brave. You were strong. You were good. You mattered."

KelbridKiller123
Civilian

Post by KelbridKiller123 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:01 am

I might help you with the cover art. If you tell me what it's supposed to look like, I could give it a try.
"Answer this, Ellimist: did I . . . did I make a difference? My life, and my . . . my death . . . was it worth it? Did my life really matter?"

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:26 am

The cover art is done now, actually. It took a while, but I found the right artist and I'm extremely satisfied with how it turned out.

The first book, Crusader's Call will be available for purchase/pre-order some time in the next 24 hours. I will provide links as available.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:16 am

Here it is: Crusader's Call.
You probably won’t believe me. That’s okay. You might just read this story and go on with your life like nothing has changed. But maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll believe me when I say that this is real. Horribly, horribly real. The gods and monsters of myth and legend still walk the earth, fiends preying on humanity. One of them has escaped from imprisonment with the intention of destroying the whole world, starting with my home. And I’m sorry to say it, but the six of us are earth’s only hope. We were called in a dream, shown what was to come, and given the power to stop it. We can manifest the armor and weapons of ancient warriors, charged with magical power. We can summon magical steeds to ride into battle. I don’t really know what else we might be capable of. I hope we’re strong enough. I don’t know why we were chosen; why us, why here, why now? But I guess all I need to know is that a monster has come to our home to destroy it, and we aren’t going to let that happen.

The Thesiad is a series for young adults that follows the struggles of six diverse teenagers as they deal with family, relationships, and school while fighting off monsters from mythologies across the world.

KelbridKiller123
Civilian

Post by KelbridKiller123 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:58 am

sounds cool; gonna order em soon

KelbridKiller123
Civilian

Post by KelbridKiller123 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:51 am

was actually gonna order #1 and #2 for krixmuz (note the spelling) but amazon and all the other sites i visited were out of copies for both #1 and #2; are these books available as ebook anywhere maybe?