The hunger games trilogy

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

The hunger games trilogy

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:57 pm

I have to say I was kinda diSapointed at the end of the last book since
Spoiler:
katiness and peeta,s kids did not have names
However I still liked the books.

BLuSKyE
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Re: The hunger games trilogy

Post by BLuSKyE » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm

i enjoyed the books, but the last one had a different feel to it then the others, and i didnt want her and peeta together :P
Charter BIP member ;)

kinzygirl1213
Gedd

Post by kinzygirl1213 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:09 pm

I loved the series and i actualy read them way before they thought of making it a movie. Unfortunately, I'll agree and say that I didn't really want her and peeta to end up together.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:22 pm

<I read them, my wife has not.>
<She did however see the first movie.>
<One thing I do notice, fans of the Chronicles of Narnia, want to go to Narnia. Fans of the Wizard of Oz, want to go to Oz. Fans of Alice in Wonderland, they want to go to Wonderland. Fans of Peter Pan, they want to go to Never Land. Fans of Harry Potter want to go to Hogwarts. Fans of Twilight want to go to Forks, WA.>

<Fans of The Hunger Games.... "No thanks! I'm good here.">

<It is no wonder most people wouldn't want to live here, the capital has everything and don't even seem to have to work for anything.>
<the workers don't get any befits at all (In the Time Machine at least the workers got to kill and eat the lazy people who had everything) and the workers are forced into the most twisted lottery I've ever heard of, where the 'winners' compete in an Olympic games to the death where the one victor is basically punished for defying the leaders by winning.>
<It isn't just Katniss Everdeen who defied them by forcing them to have two victors that year. Look at the other victors from all the past years, each and every one of them is 'punished' for daring to come out of the arena alive.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

Michaelmaf
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

The hunger games trilogy

Post by Michaelmaf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Ive never heard of this series before; thanks for the information Nur It sounds like an amazing trilogy.

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by mostafahmed » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:00 pm

I am currently reading mocking jay. I got bored when I has like 4 chapters left to be read. It was a disappointment, but catching fire was so cool.
I am an Egyptian ...... What's your superpower?

Ylva
Gedd

Post by Ylva » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Horrible books. I know many people who love them and make myself dislikeable on a regular basis when I start to explain why I don't like them. The writing is bad (first perspective, come on, she can't die), the plot boring and the end unnecessary cruel when the little sister dies. And the most important point: it's a plagiat. There's a japanese novel called "Battle Royale". I read it and yep, copied. The story is about a school class who finds itself at a lone island, gets different kinds of weapons and the order to kill each other until one winner has come off. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? I have no clue why these books are so popular. But well, Twilight is popular as well..

Aeron
Gedd

Post by Aeron » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:39 pm

I read HG because a friend recced it; she seems to have a thing for the whole corrupt government and dystopian bit, but HG never really hit it with me. When you have only a handful of characters to work with who aren't even all that relatable, it's not going to be my kind of book. I read the entire series, all the while wondering when it was going to pick up.