Science Fiction fans of the world... UNITE!

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Re: Science Fiction fans of the world... UNITE!

Post by BabelFish42 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:50 am

hptwiani wrote:I just finished the Hunger Games.
Cool. Did you like it? I know a lot of people weren't happy with the ending.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate, Back to the Future, 1984, I've read lots of HG Wells and Jules Verne, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Fahrenheit 451, Hunger Games (read the books first, then saw the movie).
I've watched a little Doctor Who.
I have seen the first three seasons of Sliders.
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BabelFish42 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:36 am

Anyone else read Never Let Me Go? It's a sad one, but good.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Just got Brandon Sanderson's new book, Steelheart.

Basic premise: People started getting super powers, and every single one of them is a terrible person. They rule the world now and a small group of plucky normals want to take them down.

It's a good read so far. Not Sanderson's best work, but the bar is set pretty high on that one. It's been fun so far and I'm excited to read more of it. I want to be reading it right now, but I have to save something to read at school.

Aside from comic-book-style superpowers, it's got some nifty future tech.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BabelFish42 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:48 am

capnnerefir wrote:Just got Brandon Sanderson's new book, Steelheart.

Basic premise: People started getting super powers, and every single one of them is a terrible person. They rule the world now and a small group of plucky normals want to take them down.

It's a good read so far. Not Sanderson's best work, but the bar is set pretty high on that one. It's been fun so far and I'm excited to read more of it. I want to be reading it right now, but I have to save something to read at school.

Aside from comic-book-style superpowers, it's got some nifty future tech.
Sounds interesting. I haven't read any of his stuff. How is his character development?

Kryptoknight
Civilian

Post by Kryptoknight » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Probably the Pern books by Anne McCaffrey. I grabbed them when I was young thinking them another of the fantasy novels I enjoyed and being surprised to find they were more of a science fiction series. Now as for my first exposure to Sci Fi in general I think that honor would go to Star Trek, and Star Trek: The Next Generation is still one of my favorite series to date.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:29 am

<I would like to say that my first exposure to Sci Fi in general would go to Star Trek, and Star Trek: The Next Generation, however I think the Transformers cartoon of the 1980s actually holds that honor.>
<Once upon a time my father was in the U.S. Army, and was stationed over seas, as a result I did not step foot in the continental USA until some time late in 1984 or early 1985, this was the same time that the show was first airing, however according to a story my mother tells my first encounter with Transformers was when a child my age asked me if I wanted to play with some Transformers, and I had no idea what he was talking about. Up until that point my mother only knew of one kind of transformer, the kind that goes into electrical boxes. These kind are not safe for small children to be playing with.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20