The Wheel of Time

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: The Wheel of Time

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:20 pm

I'd say they're about as good. Brandon has some strengths that Jordan doesn't. For example, Sanderson rarely drags things out longer than he needs to, and even when a character isn't actively doing anything super exciting (like one of the oh-so-many tea drinking scenes) there's usually something to keep it spicy.

Sanderson is also great at dragging back up points that Jordan seemed to forget about, such as old characters; allies as well as enemies. Also, various plot points that seemed to disappear somewhere in the shuffle.

While it's slightly different, I rarely notice any huge changes in style, and over all, I'd say they make a great team. The books with Brandon Sanderson are definitely worth reading. I just finished Towers of Midnight recently and can't WAIT for the final book.

freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by freded21 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Last question, then I'll let this topic die: do you know anywhere I can get E-books for The Wheel of Time?

Also, this has been bugging me, why did Rand go into Rhuiden(spelling? The Aiel city)? Did the phrophecy say he had to? I can't remember and its bugging me...
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:29 pm

do you know anywhere I can get E-books for The Wheel of Time?
Not a clue.
Image Image Image Image

rswl
Gedd

Wheel of Time

Post by rswl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Did anyone else read the wheel of time series?
I love it :)
Have re-read them about 3 times.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 pm

I love it too. I can't believe it's finally over. This series has been running for as long as I've been alive. It's kind of weird to think that its complete