What is the best fiction book you've ever read?

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
4nd4l1t3
Civilian

What is the best fiction book you've ever read?

Post by 4nd4l1t3 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:54 pm

The best is of course: Animorphs. my dream since i was a kid. maybe you have another reference?

darkflame91
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: what is the best fiction book you've ever read?

Post by darkflame91 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:48 pm

The One single best novel I've read: Jeffrey Archer's Kane and Abel. Amazing.
----
This ex-moderator is almost never online. Noob AFF'ers, I AM THE GHOST EX-MOD. FEAR ME. Also happens to be the first member of this forum to use xkcd in their signature. =D
----

kilir
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by kilir » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Animorphs was the book that got me started in reading when I was younger. Since then my favorite books have been mostly Garth Nix and Orson Scott Card. OSC wrote Ender's Game. This book is THE best book I have ever read in my life, it has an EXCELLENT plot twist, action, suspense, it will make you want to scream/cry/throw a fit all at the same time it's so good. Garth Nix wrote the Seven Towers series. He also wrote Sabriel, which uses the same type setting as the Seven Towers series. Those three are a must for any fiction fan.

nearlyheadlessneesh

Post by nearlyheadlessneesh » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:11 pm

I'll jump on board with the rec of Ender's Game. If you haven't read it, then do so.

If you're into other sci-fi, then take a look at Timothy Zahn's Conqueror's Trilogy. Intricate plot, likable characters, good narrative, nice pacing, and not all that dense, when it comes down to it. Not that dense is bad, mind you--it's just that this series is pretty fun without requiring intense concentration.

morphcow88
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by morphcow88 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Single book, "The Talisman" by Stephen King or "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", but that was because of a great series. If I had to pick a book not in a series I would pick the talisman. (there was a lame sequeal though...)

FFHK
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by FFHK » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Well besides Animorphs I think Narnia and a lot of books by Dean Koontz are good, especially Phantoms, Whispers and Odd Thomas.

jyoung
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by jyoung » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:04 pm

The His Dark Material Trilogy was amazing. Even though the movie couldn't hold a candle to it (what movies end up being better than the books though)

Mibu

Post by Mibu » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Ender's Game is definately one of the best fiction books out there. All of OSC's books that I've read I've enjoyed

Deathjester
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Deathjester » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:51 am

anyone read the Gaunts Ghosts series by Dan Abnett? its a great series i just got the first omnibus but ive read them before(given it was quite some time ago and i cant remember most of it lol), its definitely worth the read if you like sci fi books. Dan Abnetts got a few good sci fi series i think this is the only one i've read though.

Jester
March Divided, Fight Concentrated.

Wolfstar
Totally Awesome
Totally Awesome
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Wolfstar » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:10 am

if i had to pick a single book it would be snow dog by jim kjelaagard.awesome book.series:obviously animorphs.

Capn: "Usually when I talk about my pickle, nobody listens." Elfy: "Why, is it tiny or something?"

Belongs to the BIP