Did anyone read any book of the EverWorld Series?

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Pikachu
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Did anyone read any book of the EverWorld Series?

Post by Pikachu » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:46 am

I read and re-read (several times over) the whole series, it's epic! Excellent series, loved it to death, can't get enough of it. Definitely different to Animorphs, but I'm more of a Fantasy (EverWorld) than Sci-fi (Animorphs) fan at heart. Plus the mythology basis of EverWorld was employed brilliantly.

gstanz

Post by gstanz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:48 am

never heard of it whats it about

prateeiik
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by prateeiik » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:02 pm

I ve just finished reading the first book. I must say it is awesome. Very enthralling and captivating. Plus it is slighly more mature than animoprhs, which adds to the appeal! I m waiting to read the other books, but unfortunately they are no longer available! :(

omniloathe

Post by omniloathe » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:15 am

if u like animorph u would like everworld. Same depth in story, same questioning abt morals, same focus on character's minds and feelings. I like animorph cause its dark and gritty, and everworld is the same, other than the fact that applegate decided to set it in a fantasy world instead of s-fi

linnaimmortal
Gedd

Post by linnaimmortal » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:42 pm

Pikachu wrote:I read and re-read (several times over) the whole series, it's epic! Excellent series, loved it to death, can't get enough of it. Definitely different to Animorphs, but I'm more of a Fantasy (EverWorld) than Sci-fi (Animorphs) fan at heart. Plus the mythology basis of EverWorld was employed brilliantly.
I agree with you completely. Personally, i'm a bigger Everworld/Remnants fan then Animorphs - I feel like K.A. Applegate's writing matured a lot by the time she set down this series - it was so much darker and more complex, not that Animorphs lacks these qualities. Plus i'm a huge mythology/more magic-oriented fantasy fan rather then sci-fi, as you said.

I've never met anyone who had similar views with me on this matter. You just stole my heart.

stemperm
Donator
Donator

Post by stemperm » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:16 pm

I read several back in Jr. High almost ten years ago. I then found them again at the library last summer and read the all... except the last book which the library had lost!

I thought it was hopeless, but I moved to a different city and found the last book and finished the series. I've now started on Animorphs again.

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:23 pm

<Not yet, but I guess I can go check them out.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

darkwriter00
Warrior
Warrior

Post by darkwriter00 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:37 pm

I've re-read the EverWorld series a couple of times, and fell in love with the characters and the general ideas K.A. had on this all over again. <3 Great book series. My most favorite characters are Senna and Christopher. :D

SnnowW
Gedd

Post by SnnowW » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:28 am

I read Everworld series many years ago. I love the storyline and the characters.

kinzygirl1213
Gedd

Post by kinzygirl1213 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:17 pm

I started reading the series when I was a kid but never finished. But I'm actually looking forward to reading the full series now that I'm an adult :)