The Host

Discuss about books other than Animorphs (written/not written by K.A. Applegate)
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
TigerPounce
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Re: The Host

Post by TigerPounce » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:12 pm

I'm a huge Twilight fan.
So I love this book. It was amazing.
Wanderer was really...compassionate.

fdragon010
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole and south of the North Pole

Post by fdragon010 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:00 am

Everyone knows my opinon on Twiblight. I didn't really read the Host I am probably not going to. It just seems like the same old stuff, from what I hear.

Besides, who wants to read a watered down version of Animorphs without the Animorphs? And worse, one where the Yeerks are the compassinate good guys? Since when do alien invansion stories tell you that the aliens are in the right to invade?

Yeerk propaganda?
Image Dracula: Because real vampires do not sparkle...unless you want me to laugh at them.

Beckyno1
Hork-Bajir seer
Hork-Bajir seer

Post by Beckyno1 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:28 am

I love Twilight, and I've never read Host. I'm gonna have to get it soon.

It dose sound a little like a book series that we all know and love.
Inactivness has hit me! Oh no! If you want to remind me to come on, just PM me!

TigerPounce
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by TigerPounce » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:30 am

It is great.

And it's not like Animorphs. Because the souls (The Yeerks of the story.) win. There are only a couple of humans left.

SPOILERS!
Spoiler:
[spoiler2]The humans live together, and they are family. Their niece has been taken over, by a soul who feels compassion. And tries to free Melanie, the niece.[/spoiler2]
END OF SPOILERS.

It's a great book.

pfreead
Gedd

Post by pfreead » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:51 am

I surprised myself by enjoying both the host and twilight series - I thought they'd be too "girly" for me but after being dragged to see the Twilight movie and enjoying it thought I'd give them a go.
I have of course read books where the main 1st person character is a woman but they have usually been cops/pathologists etc, so found them gentler than my usual type of books but pretty good none the less

Nykesutre
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Nykesutre » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:15 am

I have the Host... although it reminded me of a series I wrote before reading it :!: I was angry, because I wanted to publish that series... :!: My fave character was Wanderer. I think reading the Animorphs and the Yeerk infestation bits influenced my idea to buy that book :P
<Passions and emotions set off the reaction. You must try to eliminate the emotions.>

BSerAkafanofblake
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BSerAkafanofblake » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:23 pm

I read it and there's one part I didn;t get. in the end did Wanderer end up in a human host body?

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:41 am

fdragon010 wrote:Everyone knows my opinon on Twiblight. I didn't really read the Host I am probably not going to. It just seems like the same old stuff, from what I hear.

Besides, who wants to read a watered down version of Animorphs without the Animorphs? And worse, one where the Yeerks are the compassinate good guys? Since when do alien invansion stories tell you that the aliens are in the right to invade?

Yeerk propaganda?
Everyone knows it's Twitlight.

And yes, it does sound like Jerk Yeerk propaganda.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

fdragon010
Warrior
Warrior
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole and south of the North Pole

Post by fdragon010 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 am

Dr Sario wrote:
fdragon010 wrote:Everyone knows my opinon on Twiblight. I didn't really read the Host I am probably not going to. It just seems like the same old stuff, from what I hear.

Yeerk propaganda?
Everyone knows it's Twitlight.

And yes, it does sound like Jerk Yeerk propaganda.
Hey, I consider it a blight upon liturature, therefore it is Twiblight.

Would love to see a crossover between this and Animorphs, just so justice can be done and the humans can have someone to fight for them. Plus Ax's reaction would be priceless. So would Rachel's to the wimpy females. Even Cassie would probably find their lack of spine contemptable.
Image Dracula: Because real vampires do not sparkle...unless you want me to laugh at them.

vitruviangirl
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by vitruviangirl » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:03 pm

The Host was great. And much better than Twilight.

Similar to the Animorphs except that in this world, the fighters don't have any special powers to fight back against the aliens. And the aliens aren't evil like the Yeerks.