High Quality E-Books Downloads (Updated 10/31/12)

All Animorphs downloads(including e-books) should be posted here.
Please see this to access this section
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
White Rabbit
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

High Quality E-Books Downloads (Updated 10/31/12)

Post by White Rabbit » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:37 pm

I was having a very difficult time finding retail quality e-books of the Animorphs. So I thought to myself, "why not make them yourself?" I took the existing txt, mobi, epub, and PDF files and started on a project to edit, format, and clean up these files into a very uniform, very clean file group. It is with that in mind that I proudly unveil the first set of Animorphs books! These have all been thoroughly edited and proofread for content and typographical errors. any that are found are immediately corrected and updated. But here is my little disclaimer. Please only take these e-books if you actually own the books. It is not my goal to steal from K.A. Applegate or the fine publisher Scholastic. That being said, please, take and enjoy the fantastic books!

As a side note. If you should come across any errors, typos, missing content, or the like, please leave a comment here and I will correct the offending file as soon as possible. Also, I am currently working with Mobi files. If you should like them in any other format, ask away as well, and I will gladly convert them for you.

Also, this is a work in progress. I am generally converting the books in order. If, however, anyone should have any books they want done right away don't hesitate to ask!

First of here is the complete Mobi format collection, which includes everything that is completed up to the update date.

Complete Mobi Collection

And here are the individual Books in Mobi Format (Updated 10/28/2012)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 18 26 30 31 33 47 Megamorphs 1 Megamorphs 3

Ellimist Hork-Bajir Visser
Last edited by White Rabbit on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

loosonghan
Warrior
Warrior

Re: High Quality E-Books

Post by loosonghan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:09 pm

What program am I supposed to open it with?
When life throws you lemons...
Keep them, cause they are free

A journey of a thousand miles begin with a step...
On a gas pedal.

He who laugh last...
Is the slowest!

White Rabbit
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: High Quality E-Books

Post by White Rabbit » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 am

These are made to be read on a kindle e-book reader, or the kindle app for PC, Mac, whatever computer you have. Would you like them in another format? If so, which one(s) would you like?

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Re: High Quality E-Books Downloads (Updated 10/28/12)

Post by Ellimist » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm

.MOBI files can be opened using Sumatra Reader in Windows.
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

wonga
Civilian

Post by wonga » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Just wanted to give a thanks to you for working on this project. I should be able to start checking them out within the next day or so. Likely, I'll start with 9 since there is no retail version available of that book.

I have the retail versions of the first 6 in mobi format (from the relaunch), and hope to get 7 soon, but it appears 8 was pulled from Amazon after the series was cancelled. I don't know if it would be allowed here, but if it's not against the rules, it would be nice if someone who has the retail mobi of 8 (from before it was taken down) could strip the DRM and upload it. Especially since there's no way for me to pay for it and get a copy.

I do have most of the physical copies of the books (first print), but it's hard for me to compare them page to page. If I notice something sounds weird in the text, I'll pull them out to compare, though. ;)

[EDIT] I did flip through #1, and found a typo right off the bat. At the beginning of chapter two it says, "He'd laugh. That is, until he looked up." That's supposed to read "He did laugh." (emphasis in-text). I'd imagine whoever originally typed these up wasn't terribly precise, so there are probably a lot of little things like this.

They look outstanding, by the way. I maybe wonder about some of the formatting choices, and if it wouldn't be better to include hi-res versions of the covers (that vary less in size from book to book). Hirac Delest has a pretty solid collection of them, all in high resolution. It might also be cool to include the inside cover pictures, and the "teaser" pages, maybe even the next book previews and summaries on the back, but these would all be low priority.

Is it possible to edit the .mobi files themselves? Because if you were able to make the initial versions, I might be able to go back and add in all these extra features (I could probably manage 1 per week) while proof-reading them and making appropriate revisions. It might also be fun to eventually go back and fix certain typos, KASUs, and so-forth (kind of like the relaunch versions of the books). I'd just need you to point me in the right direction. (Tell me "how" to do it, if you will.)

Once again, great work! You've made my day, and I hope that I can help out!

loosonghan
Warrior
Warrior

Post by loosonghan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:11 am

Ellimist wrote:.MOBI files can be opened using Sumatra Reader in Windows.
It works, thanks!

On a gas pedal.

He who laugh last...
Is the slowest!

CNash
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Re: High Quality E-Books Downloads (Updated 10/31/12)

Post by CNash » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Awesome, thanks for these - I don't use MOBI files myself, but these are a great help with the TXT conversions that I'm working on at the moment! Unlike the PDFs, they've got chapter breaks, which I prefer to include as it stays truer to the original composition of the book.
<So. You propel rocks at me! You'll be very sorry you ever propelled a rock at me, human.>

loosonghan
Warrior
Warrior

Post by loosonghan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:22 pm

CNash wrote:Awesome, thanks for these - I don't use MOBI files myself, but these are a great help with the TXT conversions that I'm working on at the moment! Unlike the PDFs, they've got chapter breaks, which I prefer to include as it stays truer to the original composition of the book.
You are making eBooks?

On a gas pedal.

He who laugh last...
Is the slowest!

CNash
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by CNash » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

loosonghan wrote: You are making eBooks?
Yes and no - I'm attempting to create "tidy" TXT editions that are suitable for viewing on devices with no native format, or generally on computer screens.

For an example of my work so far, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177&start=30
<So. You propel rocks at me! You'll be very sorry you ever propelled a rock at me, human.>

Amauril
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Amauril » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:40 am

I'll be happy to help with this - I'm actually doing EPUB, but they're the same on the inside as MOBI as far as I know. Simple click to convert in either direction, anyway. I'm not making them perfect, yet, I'm just editing into a cohesive and readable document to begin with: that would be chapter breaks (where available,) obvious corrections, paragraph flow, as well as removing page numbers, headers and footers. On the second pass, I can only do corrections as far as I actually have books, and until this summer I will have to rely on my local library for that. (They don't like me.)

(Update 2/10 8:30pm) Here's the first pass of 13, 16, and 40. Why 40? My source was two-column landscape and kind of messy looking with the chapter heading graphics anchored in odd places; a worthy adversary. If someone would be so kind as to take a look inside a physical copy of 16 and post the chat room conversation from near the beginning, and the very first line or two of the book, that would be awesome. The source I used had some errors. I did the best I could with it, but it's probably still wrong. Also no chapter headings in 13 or 16. *shakes fist!*

(Update 2/11 3:15am) Couldn't sleep, here's the ... possibly second pass of 17. No chapter headings in my source, sadly, but it seems to have originated as a tidy TXT file that was then converted to PDF, so any emphasis is my own. (I just added italics to inner dialogue, which may turn out to be incorrect when I get to check a book.)
(7:00am) Still couldn't sleep. Added 19; no chapter headings in it, either, but POV changes were preserved.
(8:30am) Sleep is for the weak! Added 20; no chapter headings but I made some guesses based on the amount of paragraph breaks that got stacked up combined with obvious scene changes. I probably erred on the side of caution.

(Update 2/17) Added 21 and 22. No chapter headings, typical. There were a few I could guess at but there didn't seem to be enough in either book, so I decided not to add them.
The Change - K. A. Applegate.epub
The Warning - K. A. Applegate.epub
The Underground - K. A. Applegate.epub
The Departure - K. A. Applegate.epub
The Discovery - K. A. Applegate.epub
The Threat - K. A. Applegate.epub
The Solution - K. A. Applegate.epub
The Other - K. A. Applegate.epub
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.