Working on a mobi conversion

All Animorphs downloads(including e-books) should be posted here.
Please see this to access this section
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
White Rabbit
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Working on a mobi conversion

Post by White Rabbit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 pm

So I've been working on converting the books from buggy txt files to smooth and cleaned up mobi files as well as a single mobi file with all the books. Mobi files can be read on just about every major e-reader. I have finished the first 8 main books + MM 1 + Ellimist chronicles. 3 questions.

1st Question. Is there enough interest in this for me to continue (it takes about 3 hours per book)?

2nd question. Would anyone be interested in helping me with this conversion project?

3rd question. Since the I have already completed a number of the books, how do I go about uploading the files to the AFF server?

bchandler
Gedd

Re: Working on a mobi conversion

Post by bchandler » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:46 pm

I would love to have them in mobi format, mainly because it is compatible with my kindle app on my iPad.

I don't have anything but my iPad to help out on... If that is even possible from an iPad.

But if it is possible, I would enjoy helping to convert the txt files. PM me for my email addy so you can send any relevant information for creating mobi/kindle format files from the txt files.

FYI, I have done technical writing in the past and am familiar with many publishing applications as well as working within style limitations, I was a computer geek for over 15 years. So I am fairly tech savvy. If you can point me in the right direction I can figure most stuff out on my own.

White Rabbit
Civilian

Post by White Rabbit » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Hey, sorry it took so long to get back. internet is quite spotty where I am (the middle of the atlantic) (seriously) The project is actually oving along much quicker than I thought. But I still need help in one major regard. The chapter break points. I don't have access to the hard copies I own (again, middle of the ocean on a cruise ship for months at a time) Other than that, the formatting part is actually going quite smoothly. If you would be willing to help me with the lines that end and begin chapters, I would have everything i need to finish up the first half of the books, or so.

White Rabbit
Civilian

Post by White Rabbit » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:03 pm

So the first 10 books are done and ready for a beta test readthrough. Any takers?

adambot
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by adambot » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:34 pm

@White Rabbit -- i was going to be converting all the .txt files to epub later tonight, i wrote a program to do it for me a long time ago, so assuming there are clear chapter breaks, i should be able to have all of them done tonight. if not, then i have access to all the hard copies and would be willing to help you proofread/edit/create. just PM me and let me know

[edit]
Also -- i forgot to mention, i am in the process of OCR'ing #50 right now and will be uploading the corresponding txt file to the corrections thread.
[/edit]

adambot
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by adambot » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:07 pm

just to give an update, i am 50% through book 50 pdf -> txt, i am hoping to be done by the weekend :)

Once that is done, i'll start the mass conversion from txt to epub.

Adam

[edit]
please refer to here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3418
[/edit]

maxiheed
Gedd

Post by maxiheed » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Appreciate all the hard work - thanks.