Animorphs ebook correction

All Animorphs downloads(including e-books) should be posted here.
Please see this to access this section
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Animorphs ebook correction

Post by Ellimist » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:59 am

Please upload the edited ebooks as an attachment in this topic.
Please clearly mention the name and the number of the book you are uploading.

And thanks for taking time out to edit the ebooks. :)
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Animorphs ebook edits

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:00 am

Erm... a question. What edits precisely are you asking for? Are you talking about typing mistakes? Cuz if that's what you want, it's gonna take a hell of a long time. Atleast the text files, have NUMEROUS mistakes all over. Some don't really matter for long, i've gotten used to them by now. But, the pdf files have far less mistakes, those could be converted to txt...

Also, JUST in case anyone is interested (i don't think ANYONE will be) i've converted ALL the books into jar format, so that they may be read on ANY phone supporting Java applications, with ATLEAST a 512 KB application install limit... I COULD upload them...
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 am

I don't think uploading them could hurt. Although I'm willing to get most people would be using the txt or PDF files, I can't imagine it would hurt to have the jar files lying around just in case. I say go for it!

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 am

I think you meant to say "I am willing to bet...

I tried uploading, it too big (4.5 MB, and only 3 MB is currently allowed. I'll split the rar files later...
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Villian was doing an Ebook project for this site to get every single one perfect. But he seems to have disappeared...
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

jacob_b
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by jacob_b » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:57 pm

If I got paid I'd do it :) lol

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:12 am

Elfangor wrote:Villian was doing an Ebook project for this site to get every single one perfect. But he seems to have disappeared...
The pdf ones? Is it really possible to edit pdf's? Well, if it was the txt files, it'd be a piece of cake, all you need is a good converter to convert the pdf's (which have far fewer errors than the txt files) to txt...

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Sorry Jacob I don't think you would get paid. This is a free site that the Admin has to come up with his own way of getting money to run the site so That wouldn't happen.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Elfangor wrote:Sorry Jacob I don't think you would get paid. This is a free site that the Admin has to come up with his own way of getting money to run the site so That wouldn't happen.
Come to think of it, how much DOES it cost Ellimist to run this place? And how does he arrange for it, besides donations?

jacob_b
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by jacob_b » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Aneesh wrote:
Elfangor wrote:Sorry Jacob I don't think you would get paid. This is a free site that the Admin has to come up with his own way of getting money to run the site so That wouldn't happen.
Come to think of it, how much DOES it cost Ellimist to run this place? And how does he arrange for it, besides donations?
It was worth a shot LOL. And yeah, I wonder how much it does cost to run a site. I'm thinking maybe 20 bucks a month or so, unless you paid one big sum.