Book 27: The Exposed

Come here to see the discussion threads for the Animorphs Book of the Week
gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Book 27: The Exposed

Post by gh astly » Mon May 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Sorry that I didn't post this one yesterday, but Mother's Day and everything. It's funny that as lazy as I have been when it comes to writing summaries for these, I haven't posted one late until now. :P
Summary stolen from Cinnamon Bunzuh, as per usual.
Spoiler:
Someone has turned off the Chee, so it is up to the Animorphs to find the Pemalite ship that they hid at the bottom of the ocean when they first came to earth so they can fix the problem. But first, they have to rescue a Chee named Lourdes from a bunch of crackheads and find an animal that can survive that deep down in the ocean. A sperm whale beaches itself not far from their home. The Animorphs realize that someone (probably not the Ellimist, but someone similar) is messing with them. But it's all they've got, so Rachel and Tobias acquire the whale and then use it to beat the hell out of a giant squid, which can survive even deeper. Everyone acquires the squid, and they find the ship. But Visser Three has found the ship too, and he's arrived at the same time to check it out. The Animorphs manage to turn the Chee back on, and then time stops. A new character, the Drode, comes out to mock them. The Drode is a disciple of Crayak, and lured the Animorphs out here so that Visser Three could kill them. Luckily, Erek shows up (somehow) and saves them all from the army of Hork-Bajir. The Drode sulks off and everyone goes home.
Have fun discussing!
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Visser_5.1
Captain
Captain
Location: I can't tell you where I am, if I do the Animorphs may find me.

Re: Book 27: The Exposed

Post by Visser_5.1 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm

The password is 5.
"What the Hell" Avril Lavigne

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Mon May 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Actually, it was 6. :P
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Thu May 22, 2014 4:55 pm

<Not that it matters much, it would be REALLY easy to figure out.>
<This one it was really easy to see that someone was messing with the Animorphs.>
<I found it odd that they had to go through so much just to save the Chee, yet Eric could move so quickly once he could move again.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

lady_summoner
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by lady_summoner » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:39 am

I don't really have a strong opinion about this book. Even though there's some new stuff like the Drode it's just mildly interesting.
SamilinCorrathGahar wrote: <I found it odd that they had to go through so much just to save the Chee, yet Eric could move so quickly once he could move again.>
I found that odd too. You would think he could have at least gotten to safety before his system shut down.

At one point Rachel mimics a line from Cassie and says: "I have experienced many unusual morphs. I have been more different animals than most people ever see." Again I don't understand the point of this exaggerated line. TM helpfully pointed out in the previous thread that they all together have a total of 79 morphs which is really a small number considering the size of the animal kingdom.

My favorite part of this book was when Cassie was giving a speech about Erek at the mall.
"Yes, it's the latest thing from K-Tel. It's the all-new Kitchen Droid. It slices. It dices. It can make Julie Ann's fries." "You mean julienne fries?" a woman asked skeptically. "Anyone's fries," Cassie said, her voice tinged with desperation.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:48 pm

lady_summoner wrote: At one point Rachel mimics a line from Cassie and says: "I have experienced many unusual morphs. I have been more different animals than most people ever see." Again I don't understand the point of this exaggerated line. TM helpfully pointed out in the previous thread that they all together have a total of 79 morphs which is really a small number considering the size of the animal kingdom.
<Just doing my part for the Animorphs fans.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:11 pm

There should be an author's note at the end of the book, saying:
Absolutely no drugs were involved in the making of this book. Yup. None at all. Zero. *hack* *cough* I NEED SOME, WATSON! GIVE ME SOME!
If you get this joke, I want to hug you give you a friendly handshake.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

warriorprincess99
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by warriorprincess99 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:03 pm

I love when Cassie gives the "description" of Erek!! And I love how Tobias followed Rachel to the depth of the earth just to protect her. One of my favorite books of the series (that I have read this far)!