Book 22: The Solution

Come here to see the discussion threads for the Animorphs Book of the Week
gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Book 22: The Solution

Post by gh astly » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:14 pm

And with this, we conclude the David trilogy. I have to admit, this is making me tear up a little. OK, not really.
I was going to write my own summary, but I got distracted by Pokemon. Really, by this point, you should come to expect that. Summary stolen borrowed from the usual place.

Summary
Spoiler:
Rachel is awoken by Ax, who tells her that David has turned on them and Tobias is possibly dead. They follow David to the mall, where he has won his fight with Jake who is slowly bleeding to death on the ground. Luckily the police show up and call Cassie's mom, who saves him. David goes to Marco's house and acquires his DNA and also hits Ax in the face with a baseball bat. The next day, he shows up at school in Marco morph to demand the cube from the Animorphs, who tell him to GTFO. Rachel threatens his family and he leaves. The World Leaders subplot is resolved in a ridiculous way, freeing everyone up to worry about David full time. David acquires the DNA of Rachel and Jake's cousin Saddler, who was in a near-fatal accident two books ago. Saddler's family is so happy to see him alive and well that they don't even question the fact that all his injuries are gone. The real Saddler's body is implied to be stashed in the elevator shaft and is not found until after the end of this book. The Animorphs lead David to believe that he has won, which makes his sociopath self happy. They tell him that they are going to give him the cube, and Cassie will show him where it is. David demands Rachel do it instead (which they anticipated) and so they both morph to rat to get the pieces from where Cassie hid them, inside various pipes at the construction site. Rachel leads David right into a trap. He is stuck inside a metal box and cannot demorph without killing himself. The Animorphs wait two hours, and then drop David off on an island a few miles away from the shore.
Have fun, kiddies!
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Book 22: The Solution

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:54 pm

<To be clear, the cops show up, call Cassie's mom. Cassie comes with (because, Hey! Bleeding tiger in the mall! It could be Jake.) Sure enough when Cassie and her mom show up Cassie's mom recognizes this as the tiger from her work (the one Jake acquired back in book #1) and is confused as to why she didn't get a report of an ESCAPED TIGER!!!>
<Meanwhile a few flies nearby though-speak into Cassie's head and confirms that this tiger is Jake, so she jabs him with adrenalin and he wakes up and morphs back into his human form.>
<Cassie's mom and everyone else there starts wondering where the tiger went. Because hey! lose tiger. Something to be thinking about.>
<Cassie's mom goes back to the Gardens and Hey! Guess what? The exact same tiger is somehow back in his cage and nobody has any idea how he got out, and over to the mall, or back into his cage so quick and why is it he shows no signs what-so-ever of the injuries that he had not even half an hour ago.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. To be completely honest, I didn't read that summary very closely before posting it, so I didn't think about how that could have caused confusion.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:17 pm

<...wow, just wow.>
<I always knew you were lazy, but too lazy to even READ THE SUMMERY that you are going to be posting for the Book of the Week THAT YOU ARE HOSTING!!!>
<On the other hand you can just skip re-reading the books I host and just read my summery and feel like you've read the whole book.>
<Please note, I DO NOT write those just from memory, I do re-read the books before writing those.>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:26 am

Well, I read it, just not that closely. :P
This one, though, is the only one I actually can blame on laziness. The other reviews that I stole, something ended up coming up that prevented me from writing them (in other words, life happens), but for this one, I will fully admit that I just got lazy. I do plan to write my own summary for the Hork-Bajir Chronicles, though.

Visser_5.1
Captain
Captain
Location: I can't tell you where I am, if I do the Animorphs may find me.

Post by Visser_5.1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:42 pm

The last book of the David trilogy, oh what a sad day.
He was always my favorite, so strong and yet so sad all the things that happened to him.
The Animorphs were so mean to him, trapping him as a prey animal.
Couldn't they at least have trapped him as a dog or something?
"What the Hell" Avril Lavigne

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Hey, good to see you again, Visser!
I think trapping him as a Sunkern would have been better.

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:15 pm

<or a Jigglypuff.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Jigglypuff is actually decent in-game. I wouldn't use one, though.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:28 pm

<Why are we morphing Pokamon again?>
<Next you'll be telling us that Cassie should morph into Heat Blast and XLR8 in the next book.>