Megamorphs 2: In the time of Dinosaurs

Come here to see the discussion threads for the Animorphs Book of the Week
YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Re: Megamorphs 2: In the time of Dinosaures

Post by YeerkSalad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:55 am

gh astly wrote: I'm pretty hard-pressed to find anything about this book that I liked. Even the things that KA usually writes very well, like action and character-building, is handled horribly in this book. It's easily one of my least favorite books in the series.
I think that though the series's action was generally done well, the style was a bit weird at first. I could do without the onomatopoeia.
Here's an example... that I made up.
"We inched closer to the cliff's edge.
Suddenly...
FWOOOOOOOOOSHAKABOBBOSPLERP!
A Taxxon had fallen from the sky and splattered on the ground below!
Suddenly...
GABBLEHABBLHABBLEEEEEEEEE!
A drunk Howler had attempted (albeit failed) to make our ears bleed!
Suddenly...
HOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROORORORHOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROORORORHOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROORORORHOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROORORORHOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROORORORHOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROORORORHOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROORORORHOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROORORORHOWWROROROWOROOWOROWORORROWOROWROWROWOWOWOWOOOOOOROWOROWWWWWWROWROWRWOOWORWORWOOWOWOWOWOWWOWWWWWWROOROROOROROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRRRRRRRRUUUUUUNCH! SPLURPPPPP!
Rachel, in bear morph, had gotten hit by a truck! Her guts spilled all over the windshield!
The blade ship came closer to us, its engines humming.
Brrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummm... etcetera."
Okay, maybe I outdid this a tiny bit. I'm not saying the action scenes were horrible. They were intense and all. I just still have trouble with all the sounds that are actually typed. Also, a couple times, I was so into an animorphs book that I muttered the bizarre sounds... and not the dialogue.
"Heh. No, mom. I don't have Tourette Syndrome."
In all honesty, I just wanted to type. This post was completely pointless. Good day.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Re: Megamorphs 2: In the time of Dinosaurs

Post by YeerkSalad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:01 am

Going back to the "Six Days The Animorphs Were Idiots" discussion, I'd like to meet Adam, too.

Wait... he's alive, right?
Last edited by YeerkSalad on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

lady_summoner
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Megamorphs 2: In the time of Dinosaures

Post by lady_summoner » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:49 am

YeerkSalad wrote:
gh astly wrote: I'm pretty hard-pressed to find anything about this book that I liked. Even the things that KA usually writes very well, like action and character-building, is handled horribly in this book. It's easily one of my least favorite books in the series.
I think that though the series's action was generally done well, the style was a bit weird at first. I could do without the onomatopoeia.
I agree. I think the series in general overuses onomatopoeia and distracts from a lot of the action scenes.

r4cp6
Gedd

Post by r4cp6 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Been a long time since I read this book, man can't wait to read it again.

Sapple587
Gedd

Post by Sapple587 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:37 am

This is a book that it seems creates such polar opinions, most seem to love it. I couldn't quite get myself to get on board. I understand that the series as a whole requires you to suspend disbelief but this really pushed the limits. On the other hand the action was great. Like someone said previously, I have a hard to getting behind a nuclear blast creating a Sario Rip.

Warneraccug
Gedd

Megamorphs 2 In the time of Dinosaurs

Post by Warneraccug » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:33 pm

I read this long ago, and I cant really remember much beyond the basic plot outline, but I do remember it being an effective, emotionally powerful book. . . one that I enjoyed more than I had expected to. I havent read anything else by Uris.