Book 18: The Decision

Come here to see the discussion threads for the Animorphs Book of the Week
gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Book 18: The Decision

Post by gh astly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm too lazy to even get out of the way.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

astrael
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by astrael » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:29 pm

Why does nobody comment on the barrage of coincidences in this book? First it was the powerful SS man coming to a completely unimportant city.
Then, it's the Anis getting snapped to Z-space-I mean, they've morphed smaller things than mosquitoes before(flea). They all ended up exactly
at the place where seconds later a ship comes along to rescue them from suffocating. It's an Andalite ship at that, and the ship just
happens to be going to Leera where things just happen to make the Anis badly needed by the Andalite forces there.
I wonder if the Ellimist interferes more than he seems to.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:04 am

That's what it would seem like. Either that or KA got a little lazy when writing this book. And we know THAT can't be true!
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

lady_summoner
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by lady_summoner » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:07 am

The main plot of this book on Leera is pretty cool. An Andalite traitor? No way! It never really explains his motivation though. How did the Yeerks manage to get him on their side? It seems like an Andalite traitor was a big shock to the other Andalites too, not just Ax.

The sub-plot with Aldershot is unnecessary. He gets hit by a car, taken by the Yeerks, wakes up from his coma and just walks calmly out the door. KA could have used any other plot to explain why they were in a small morph. So why choose this half-finished idea at all?

I wish they have provided more background information when Captain Samilin mentions yaolin. <Now what in yaolin are you doing drifting around in Zero-space with five aliens?> There was so much we were never told about Andalite culture.

astrael wrote:Why does nobody comment on the barrage of coincidences in this book? First it was the powerful SS man coming to a completely unimportant city. Then, it's the Anis getting snapped to Z-space-I mean, they've morphed smaller things than mosquitoes before(flea). They all ended up exactly at the place where seconds later a ship comes along to rescue them from suffocating. It's an Andalite ship at that, and the ship just
happens to be going to Leera where things just happen to make the Anis badly needed by the Andalite forces there.
I wonder if the Ellimist interferes more than he seems to.
It says they were snapped because of the traveling Andalite ship, but yeah this has Ellimist written all over it.

elmayimbe80
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by elmayimbe80 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Glad that KA took the time to touch on the shifting left over morph masses floating in Z space. When ax first mentioned the z space morph masses in an earlier book, i thought it would be so cool to delve into that concept.

Also crazy to see a different side of the Andalites.

elmayimbe80