Book 11: The Forgotten

Come here to see the discussion threads for the Animorphs Book of the Week
sdsnl
Gedd

Re: Book 11: The Forgotten

Post by sdsnl » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:16 am

gerbilinablender wrote:Started re-reading the series, it's been over 10 years... Anyways, had a random question at this book if anyone knew. In the Forgotten, Jake is the only one to remember the events during the Sario Rip? Supposedly after he was killed in the jungle his consciousness snapped back to the other Jake or whatever. Ax also mentioned that he was the only one who was actually there and the others were just memories. Why though? If they all went through the Sario Rip together, why was Jake the only one who wasn't just a memory? Why didn't the others have their consciousness snap back or whatever and remember as well? What made it different for Jake when he seemed to go through the Sario Rip with the others?
As I understand it, because Jake died, his consciousness went back. The others were eaten, but they hadn't died yet, so their consciousness stayed in the jungle. Because Jake undid the Sario Rip by going back (however that happened), the Sario Rip doesn't exist anymore, and what happened there is erased from history. The jungle snaps back to how it was before the Sario Rip. So the other Animorphs' part of consciousness that's in the jungle gets destroyed, and the other part that's back in their town is the only thing left.

SimplyCass
Gedd

Post by SimplyCass » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:12 pm

I think K.A is on the record for saying that after #11 she ran out of ideas, but apparently brainstormed enough for another 50+ books and 2-3 years.

This book is pretty silly, still in the "let's see what we can do here" fun mode. #12 was probably the worst of the early silliness, then #13 righted the ship a little with a fairly serious book about Hork-Bajirs. The best part is when Tobias attacks the supermarket and then flies into the Bug Ship because Jake wasn't thinking about what to do after Tobias provides the distraction.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by gh astly » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:07 am

It definitely was a silly one, but I think it falls into the category of acceptably silly. It was a pretty fun book if you ask me.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:32 pm

<Even though I've only read 1-12 at the time of this posting, I've gotta say, I remember The Forgotten as the one where I read over Ax's explanation for what was going on like ten times.>
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

Ayyronio
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Ayyronio » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:15 pm

I'd agree this was one of the books I felt like was ALMOST a filler episode. It was like a filler episode that had a lot of action in it, considering everyone's outcome in the Rain Forest. But! It at least starts setting the stage a little more for the whole Sario Rip deal. Especially since time/space altering has a pretty big impact on this series. Heck, had there not been an Ellimist, or the ability for time/space to be altered, there wouldn't have even been Animorphs.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Yeah! I've never thought about that before, but it's true.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.