Come here to see the discussion threads for the Animorphs Book of the Week
lady_summoner
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Book 1: The Invasion

Post by lady_summoner » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:08 am

Ok. Time for me to get caught up.

This book is a great start to the series. It gets to the plot very quickly and let’s things get explained along the way. I also noticed a lot of foreshadowing for the characters and the things that will happen to them like Tobias getting stuck as a hawk.

I think Rachel started to fall in love with the battle aspect of the war in this book.

I do want to mention that Tobias is a lot more influential than usually mentioned in this book. They ultimately decide to fight and keep it a secret from everyone which Tobias figured out almost immediately.

Brandonmack wrote: Of course, we know the reason he had to die - it was for the story, and really, no other way would have worked near as well. I guess, in the end, this just amounts to a major KASU.
In this book Elfangor says, <They have tracked me here. They will be here soon to eliminate all traces of me and my ship.> I think this is the reason why he didn't try to morph out. To me it's reasonable that Visser Three would have gone on a rampage that endangered everyone nearby if he came down to Earth just to discover that the war prince Elfangor had escaped.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Re: Book 1: The Invasion

Post by BabelFish42 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am

lady_summoner wrote:In this book Elfangor says, <They have tracked me here. They will be here soon to eliminate all traces of me and my ship.> I think this is the reason why he didn't try to morph out. To me it's reasonable that Visser Three would have gone on a rampage that endangered everyone nearby if he came down to Earth just to discover that the war prince Elfangor had escaped.
Or... maybe it's possible that when the Ellimist restored him to his Andalite body, he couldn't morph anymore? Who knows.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."