Book 29: The Sickness

Come here to see the discussion threads for the Animorphs Book of the Week
gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Book 29: The Sickness

Post by gh astly » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 am

Oh yeah, that's another problem that I completely forgot to bring up. If Ax were to morph, wouldn't that mean that he would get his Tria gland back, thus posing the risk of re-infection? I don't know, maybe the morphing technology had something that wouldn't reverse major surgeries, but the books really don't imply that.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by mostafahmed » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:43 am

Erek wouldn't have done the surgery because he'd have to hurt ax ... it isn't a logical answer and about cassie and mr. Tidwell... cassie-as a yeerk- went into his head probably because. .. who am I kidding. It wasn't really clear. But the book.. regardless of those points .. was amazing. Especially that it had shown ax that some yeerls are reliable.
I am an Egyptian ...... What's your superpower?

lady_summoner
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by lady_summoner » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:20 pm

guitarhero01234 wrote:Oh yeah, that's another problem that I completely forgot to bring up. If Ax were to morph, wouldn't that mean that he would get his Tria gland back, thus posing the risk of re-infection? I don't know, maybe the morphing technology had something that wouldn't reverse major surgeries, but the books really don't imply that.
The issue wasn't the Tria gland itself. They said the Tria gland keeps disease away from the rest of the body. The problem was that he somehow got this disease and it was going to make the gland burst and kill him. Since we don't know how he picked up Yamphut in the first place, it's possible that the re-infection rate is quite low even with a new gland.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Well, there's still the risk for re-infection. Unless it's something like chicken pox and you only get it once.
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 pm

<1. I didn't even notice the thing about Marco's shirt.
2. Yes Ax's gland would grow back, however because it is no longer inflamed it will be fine, however if it becomes inflamed again they will all have to go through this all over again.
3. How did Ax pick up Yamphut in the first place? These are Andalite germs, he has been on Earth for a while by now. The only possible answer I can see is that some other Andalite brought them to Earth recently, maybe Visser 3 is also sick at the same time.>
<Also there is the issue of the other Animorphs calling Cassie out for controlling someone and stuff.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince

Post by mostafahmed » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:00 pm

I almost feel like everyone picks up very minor details. They are just simple minded people, they are children for crying out loud. They are under pressure, only hope to save humanity, and a sickness that threatens this hope. Why do you focus on the least important when you can focus on what's really important.?

lady_summoner
Donator
Donator

Post by lady_summoner » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:41 pm

mostafahmed wrote:I almost feel like everyone picks up very minor details. They are just simple minded people, they are children for crying out loud. They are under pressure, only hope to save humanity, and a sickness that threatens this hope. Why do you focus on the least important when you can focus on what's really important.?
This is my 3rd read through of the series so of course I'm going to notice a bunch of small details I didn't before. It may seem like nitpicking, but it's not lessening enjoyment of the series. Sometimes the small details make me love the series even more. :D

mostafahmed
Prince
Prince

Post by mostafahmed » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:06 pm

This is my 3rd read through of the series so of course I'm going to notice a bunch of small details I didn't before. It may seem like nitpicking, but it's not lessening enjoyment of the series. Sometimes the small details make me love the series even more.
Then I guess I am wrong. I had no idea. :oops:

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:54 pm

This'll make me sound like a jerk, but I actually wish that Aftran had died at the end of this book. Letting her become a whale nothlit and swimming away seemed a little too sweet for an Animorphs book. That's not to say that I dislike happy endings. I just would've preferred a more emotional ending. There was a buildup to an ending that would be morally ambiguous, but it ended up being switched for something nowhere near as gritty. I like endings that are a little difficult, or ones that have seem to have closure but are still open to interpretation, e.g. The Giver.
Questions That Could Have Crossed My Mind:
"Was there a way Aftran's death could've been avoided?"
"Is dying free, even if it's suicide, better than dying harshly in a way that isn't self-inflicted?"
"Did Aftran do the right thing, choosing death?"
Questions That Crossed My Mind:
"Why did I eat 3 bowls of cereal this morning?"

I have a similar feeling about book 19, which I may already have expressed. To have Cassie make such a huge sacrifice and then switch to an "everything was good" ending was not Miss Applegate's best decision.
This was a great book, don't get me wrong. I just think that a deeper, "greyer" ending would suit this book better.
Or I'm just insane.
Or both.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

Albertnex
Gedd

Book 29 The Sickness

Post by Albertnex » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:52 pm

the book's on order and i'm checking the delivery status every hour on the amazon site. can't wait to get it.

is there anything about coin doors in the book??