Book 32: The Separation

Come here to see the discussion threads for the Animorphs Book of the Week
Ramona
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Book 32: The Separation

Post by Ramona » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:32 am

dallon wrote: No one wants sugar-water or lemon-water, but lemonade is fantastic!
Literally was drinking lemon water when reading the above line.

I'm sort of 50/50 with this book. On one hand, it gave me the lovely visual of Rachel using her own severed arm as a weapon. Although, I'm still disappointed that we didn't actually see that scene. On the other hand, reading it made me feel like Rachel's character was simplified.

I didn't think about it/see it the way you did it. Interesting observation and seems more fitting to Applegate's writing than what I originally thought of this book. Maybe I should give it another read through with your points in mind.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?

fingon
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Re: Book 32: The Separation

Post by fingon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:03 pm

I liked reading the book. It was especially interesting to me to think about how deeply the ability to morph has changed the Animorphs, as is evidenced by the split in Rachel's personality after the starfish is split. I also had some fun speculating about what would have happened if there had been more than two pieces of the starfish.