Fic Recs?

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Fic Recs?

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Visser 5 wrote:I want to read a fan fic where the Animorphs were just getting done with High School and getting into collaga when they meet Elfangor, as a result there whould be more romance. I also want to be able to download all the chapters at once. I hate waiting.

EDIT:
David's team of Animorphs.
Unfortunately, no fic like that exists. I know because I have read every David-fic there is. There is something similar on an RP site I'm on, where I play David leading his own band of Animorphs (the Antimorphs). While David is 14, he's also severely addicted to cocaine, and all of the Antimorphs are older than he is. If you have any interest in RPing as one of Davo's people, or think it might be fun, please read this for all the information you'll need to know about the Antimorphs, and probably a few lulz.

Blue Chicken

Post by Blue Chicken » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Maybe I should get my character to join Antimorphs... It's more fun than just reading the threads and wishing the one that I'm in wasn't pretty much dead.

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:48 am

capnnerefir wrote:
Visser 5 wrote:I want to read a fan fic where the Animorphs were just getting done with High School and getting into collaga when they meet Elfangor, as a result there whould be more romance. I also want to be able to download all the chapters at once. I hate waiting.

EDIT:
David's team of Animorphs.
Unfortunately, no fic like that exists. I know because I have read every David-fic there is. There is something similar on an RP site I'm on, where I play David leading his own band of Animorphs (the Antimorphs). While David is 14, he's also severely addicted to cocaine, and all of the Antimorphs are older than he is. If you have any interest in RPing as one of Davo's people, or think it might be fun, please read this for all the information you'll need to know about the Antimorphs, and probably a few lulz.
Dunno about the High School part, but if you're referring to the David's team of Animorphs, you've missed this one... Which, curiously enough is ALSO called The Antimorphs Saga... Are you sure your RP isn't based on this? Or vice versa?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:06 am

I wonder how I missed that one. I thought I had them all. Now I'm probably going to read this one instead of sleeping. Thanks for the correction. Now I feel silly, but at least this way I have another David fic to read.

I know the RP I'm in isn't based on that fic; I used to know the creator of the RP very well and borrowing from someone else on purpose just isn't her style. I also know that fic had nothing to do with the RP, as it was created several years before. At most, the creator of the RP read that fic a while ago and some bits of it stuck in her head (like the word "Antimorph", though due to how logical the origins of that word are, that could also be a coincidence, especially since the creator isn't one to read a lot of fanfiction), but any similarities are coincidental.

Ben_Dover
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Ben_Dover » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:05 am

I would really like to read a fic in an alternate reality in which another animorph that isn't Tobias gets trapped in morph. I think that it would be really interesting to see how this changes the rest of the series, and the characters' personalities.
When you're in battle, you do what you have to do. Honor and courage and all that? Those are the words you say after you've killed all your enemies.

The cow should touch me from Thursday?

EVERYBODY WATCH CHUCK!

elcolo9

Post by elcolo9 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:33 pm

as the guy who wrote the Antimorphs Chronicles/Saga back-in-the-day, eleven years younger, I gotta say I'm glad to see it lives on. Had to sign up just to post this...made my day.

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 am

Well it is late, so I'm just going to say that I'm glad 2 C that a David story exsists, and I may try 2 read it the next time I get on-line.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

darkwriter00
Warrior
Warrior

Post by darkwriter00 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:53 am

I have a crossover story on this forum that takes place during the series (between books #24 The Suspicion and #25 The Extreme) temporarily called "Megamorphs: The Psychic". It's until a better title comes to me. Animorphs books/Dead Zone TV show. I've only written the first two chapters and I find it very interesting so far.

The story's basically about the Animorphs having to go to the east coast for over a few days to Bangor, Maine to meet up with a small group of Chee to discuss and plan how to sabotage a top secret Yeerk operation without getting killed.

This area is where a psychic named Johnny Smith and his friends/family live. He has these visions of often the past or future (and occasionally the present) by touching people or objects. On Johnny's side of the story, he has a reoccurring dream about what a Native American shaman had said in the first season's episode, "Shaman." (And there will be some spoilers revolving around that episode.) In his dream, the shaman says, "There is something you have to do. I've seen it."

As he's awake, he will encounter very disturbing, very intense visions of wild animals VS bladed monsters and people as well as himself getting their heads shoved into a gray lead sludge, to feel something touch their ears...

I have a subplot in mind involving the family of Johnny's former fiancee, Sarah Bannerman. I can't really say what happens with them, without SPOILING and ruining what mystery I'll be weaving in there. You'll just have to check out the story to find out! :P

I, like Thames, don't usually have taste for much romance in fiction. I write drama and suspense the most.
|) /-\ R |< \/\/ R ][ T 3 R

Rock on, AniFans!

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:45 am

Wow.
I forgot all about this topic.
I still haven't gotten around to reading that David story.
and it is even later now then it was when I made that post last July.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.