A strange idea discussion

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Ramona
Commander
Commander

Re: A strange idea discussion

Post by Ramona » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:47 am

Also this is Ax. HE DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO CLASS! How legit can we take some of his information?
And I'm going to apologise in advance for answering your question with more questions and not even answering all of your questions.

No, he doesn't and while he says "I may not", he admits to not really paying attention. Also, it's taught in school and while we never really get to know about andalite schools, we do know they aren't above propaganda/tarnishing other andalites reputations. Exactly how "Trustworthy" are the andalite schools? Do they only teach the worst-case scenario about sario rips because they think teaching anything else will be devastating? So even if Ax does correctly remember his lessons, how legit are they? Just theories that were hammered into young andalites mind as true?

Like, in book #18: Ax's complete shock of an andalite
Spoiler:
being a traitor
could be put down as an inexperienced kid's reaction. But the older and higher up Andalites reacted in the same way, if not worst. Book #8, we get to see an andalite coercing a kid into saying they broke a very serious law because of reputation. While this could be seen as just a random (words the Animorphs wouldn't repeat) andalite being scummy, it could also suggest that the andalites aren't above-fudging information to the masses. Add to that the whole plot of #38 and it calls into question the accuracy of what Ax learnt in school if we do take his account as legit.

If it is taken that the andalites fudged the information about sario rips to only ever teach the worst possible case scenarios, some of the plotholes are filled. We do have canon evidence that the andalites in power aren't above fudging (and outright lying) to the masses so I don't think it's too farfetched to say Sario Rips are one of the things they fudged.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?

Cheynas
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Cheynas » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:16 am

Ranoma,

In a way, it's like miscommunication. In media, social or tv, we get all sorts of fudged up information. Even history books since even now, people are discovering more evidence that showed a different story.

And yeah it's not farfetched to say rips are one thing they fudged. But what I was going on was that its an event/entity that Andalite theorists base on time travel. Like how theorists in our world have thought of time travel paradoxes and other theories based on other things (like say a black hole, and the Black Hole theory). And that they've concluded to an extent of a knowledge to include it into the young Andalites' teaching, whether it may be fudged up or lied up. I guess I'm like seeing this on the same plane as we university students who take physics or science or fields related to spacetime go into learning about the theories of spacetime.

I might have butchered it somehow... If I may no sense, then ahem...nm. STILL fudging is not farfetched. And Andalites can be like humans: being condescending and deceptive.

Cheynas
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Cheynas » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:29 am

Hello all, sorry for a very long delayed message from me. A lot has happened here and there that I couldn't commit to the forum a lot as before.

However, I have been working on that idea. I've completed a set of chapters nearly ready to be uploaded and showcase and I couldn't have gotten so far thanks to Ramona for encouraging me at the start and helping me brainstorm, as well as two Animorph-fan friends in another group for the feedback and error checking.

So why haven't I uploaded them yet?

Well. Uh. There are 3 things stopping me: 1. Title and sub title. 2. I actually would like some people to help beta writing if it's possible. and 3. I'm designing a cover for my first fic.

It's a reason why I came back. If you could help me just a bit on the first two things. I don't want to upload them yet because there are some word parts I don't know how to fill and if the characterization is on point (and I know despite my heavy rechecking..there's gonna be grammar mistake somewhere...).

And the title, I'm still unsure. At this point, the series' called RE:Animorphs for some weird reason in my head. Dunno if that will sell it.

If you would like a first taste and decide if you want to help me, here's the link to the very first chapter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14oa ... sp=sharing
It's not yet into the reaaaally crazy stuff but it's a start. So enjoy and I don't mind if you point inconsistency btw. Thank you.