A strange idea discussion

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Cheynas
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

A strange idea discussion

Post by Cheynas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:49 am

So I recently had this idea. It started off on two small ideas and then became a big one but I stepped back and decided, no. Best I structure this better. But it left me stumped with decisions and also referring to my old Animorphs fanfic so I decided to open up on it, do it with the help of others in writing a good true Animorphs book.

Disclaimer: Reason why I rarely express my fresh ideas before final is because I always think that it'd be a spoiler once the fanfic's out and that it'd ruin the reader's experience from it. So hence this disclaimer. After I put in my draft summery, it's up to you if you don't mind being spoiled and later now, feel unamazed from what I will write. I really will and do appreciate help in any way possible. If not, then I do hope you will be patient and look forward to it but I'd also ask you not to go beyond the draft summary in the case.

I hope that will be alright.

Here is my draft summary. What I've written is not the final product and will change later for sure so don't fully take it to heart.

After a meteor shower, strange things start to happen for the Animorphs. A space pod in the middle of the forest. SOS messages spoken in thought-speak. A strange kid with a blue dodecahedron box and a mobile power to travel through Z-Space. Invisible monsters going after that box. Something came from the sky and all that kid has to say is, "I'm a Controller. Keep this box safe."
<Subject to change>.

That's it. That's the strange idea I present to you.

First off, explanation on my hesitation and my stump.
1. As I said above, I kept referring to tropes I used in my old Animorphs, some I would like to use but in a way that would fit to Animorphs or more to down to earth (without sounding like it came from a sci fi manga, cough). That included time-traveling, alters in timelines, and other things that I won't bore ya in case it sounds boring. In my old fanfics, I even wrote it in a way of making where one existence has been forced into a predestined role in the future, in which she will have to go back in time to ensure things are the way they should be. So I want to discuss what should I touch on, even the time trope.
And 2, I'm torn with where I want to set this fanfic in the timeline, as well as if I want to acknowledge the ending. I used to be angry at it but I'm neutral. In fact, it was what made me write my time-alteration fanfic in the first place. So the question becomes, do I want to connect my fanfic to the ending? Or should I disclose from it? I've read some good fics that continue are relate to the ending and some that want to discount it. I know there are two parties (or three?) that have their opinions on it, hence why I'm asking this for help. Maybe keep both instead, where the ending was from one of many timelines (eg. Steins Gate).
3. ...I kinda forgot what I wanted to write here. Never mind.

Ok, enough rambling. :U I apologise.

To end this off, I want to explain my rough ideas relating to that summary.

The first thing is well of course, a Controller character. Originally, this would have been a character from the future but I felt like that would complicate things (again) and I'd like to have the host be from the present instead. An additional idea together with this is that this Yeerk has a device from the future that helps fliter in the rays they need to survive without going to the Sharing. Now there's way around this: either the Yeerk is from the future or they've made that device for themselves. There are also two character development ideas I want to touch one: one is the host is born with half a brain so the Yeerk can only control half the body for some reason, making it that they need to work together to be in sync and two, the Yeerk is searching for their own individuality, perhaps why they don't mind allying with their enemies. A much bigger question later becomes of what would happen if they were given the morphing. Would the host have both halves that the Yeerk would feel it's unnecessary for them to continue their teamwork or would a power in the hands of a Yeerk cause fissure? Or would they choose not to in order to preserve their sync as one? Or even does being born with genes that affect a person's body get rewritten by morphing?

The second thing is well, I actually have a list of characters for that SOS thought-speak messages. That in my original rough idea, that a group from the future (relating to the aftermath of the ending) have come to the present to give them that said dodecahedron box but their ship before reaching had been destroyed and they're strained in parts of Earth. Now what that box does, I'm not entirely sure (a rough idea would be the Animorphs are given the ability to combine morphs) but in all, it's an upgrade. And the reason why this is brought to the past instead of being used in the present is because original morphers of the old box can get the upgrade and in the future, there are very few original morphers. The new ones suffer from side effects that hinder them in battle. All the more while doing this mission, the group cannot change the past too drastic and even reveal anything relating to the Animorphs in fear of changing the future.

Now the second one, it can be changed, scratched out or explored. The first one is what I'm more interested in. And if there's another way of writing a story about a Yeerk controller in the present without time tropes then I'm open (though the question becomes, what's their reason to ally with the Animorphs?)

It's a mouth full. I know. It's a strange idea that I want to explore but not to sure how with the problems I've stated above.

And now I stop before I make this any longer. If you like the idea and wanna help me, then thank you very much and I hope this can open up into something deep and interesting to write about for the first(?) book. Thank you again. If there's any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I'd be more amazed if you like the idea to be frank. A Yeerk with a host born half a brain attempting to work with the Animorphs. Hah.

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Re: A strange idea discussion

Post by Ramona » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Well, prepared to be amazed, because I did like the idea. I'm probably just going to talk about the Controller character as I don't know if I can help you with the other parts.

If I'm remembering correctly from the later books, the morphing cannot affect something you were born with. So the controller wouldn't get a whole brain if they were born with only half a brain. A yeerk probably wouldn't know that so that could be one of the reasons why the yeerk is willing to be an ally to the Animorphs to gain the morphing power so the host can have a whole brain. It wouldn't work as that was how the host was born but it could be a motivation for the yeerk since the yeerk can't fully control their host. Could make the yeerk a very low-rank yeerk because of this and explore that character development motivation.

You would probably also need to explore the human's motivations as well. Would they trust their yeerk to not completely take control? Which I suppose depends on whether or not you made this character a voluntarily or involuntarily controller. A voluntarily is more likely to accept their yeerk to be completely in control. Of course, the controller would still have half a brain even with the morphing power as they were born like that. But while their conclusion may be wrong, it still does provide motivation and it's reasonable to assume these two characters wouldn't know that. I would suggest you carefully research about living without part of your brain.

Spoiler:
The auxiliary Animorphs. The kids that were born disabled were still disabled after morphing. The kids that [i]became[/i] disabled due to accidents, their DNA was "rewritten" because they weren't born disabled. I can't remember which book the auxiliary Animorphs were introduced.

The only thing I can really suggest about the time travel is maybe explored a sario rip or the time matrix being found and used. These are already established time travel methods in the series so it would be close to the Animorphs. If you are going to use the new box idea, I would suggest the time matrix being used as a sario rip would be a bit too convenient. Well, the time matrix would be convenient but if you have a background where the future characters had actively looked for it, it's not a matter of a pure chance.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?

Cheynas
Civilian

Post by Cheynas » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:55 am

Ramona,

Well color me impressed. Thank you very much. It makes me happy to hear that. And thank you for the thoughts, these are good points to go further

The characters, host and Yeerk are the two important things indeed. I was thinking that morphing would be the Yeerk's dislike (in actual fact, I don't even know if I will make it that they'll get morphing powers). There will be more character development regarding the Yeerk as to why they wish to help the Animorphs and it'd relate to the host and Yeerk's sync combination in controlling one body (Yeerk controls left, host controls right) and I will look into the medical condition regarding being born with half a brain and the effects (which I've YET TO FIND apparently. Google just gives me a lot of stories from people's experiences regarding this but it is some enlightenment). The idea of the Yeerk believing that once their host has a full brain, there would be no point in taking control or being an aid to the host - the motivation of moving part of a body with your own will connecting to the Yeerk's need for individuality. That it had a chance to move for conscious and unconscious purposes without the sense of "this is a host's body, not my own".

I would also assume that yeah, the Yeerk would be a low-rank or even much lower to be given a low self-esteem of their own identity - surrounded by the same old "Yeerks" with little chance of separating themselves from the rest. Stand out if you think about it. So yeah, this is another part I should explore into regarding the Yeerk's social standing.

In any case, you brought out a good keypoint: Motivation. What I have in mind is still just a draft and I don't have much of a motivation for the host. One way could be that the medical condition had left the host with some problems before being a Controller and their sync as one has given benefits rather than be bedridden (still gonna research on that condition. The brain is very complex). Or because of the Yeerk's yearning for its own individuality when they were first given the Yeerk, the host compared them to what people mostly strive for and can relate. Or could be both or more. It's an interesting point to look into, whether or not aliens and humans share the same psychological/emotional problems and needs in a way.

And thanks for the enlightenment on that. It's really been a long time and I vaguely remember that and that morphing can rewrite what is an accident. Which also gives me some character ideas (either for this host or other characters) relating on how other things could stop them from choosing to have morphing. Like metal within the body, does that prevent you because it could cause internal bleeding from the inside with your organs morphing about? Or doctor's appointments showing up "Huh, seems like your missing kidney is there again. Care to explain?" Lol.

Sario rips, I also vaguely remember those but they weren't touched on a lot other than plot. Had to read up the summary to get it. It does give me some rough ideas. Like whether a rip is connected to the ending or after the ending. Or an incident involved the host and Yeerk to get a glimpse of the future. Moreover, rips could be an important thing for the plot.
Spoiler:
I read up that Jake's consciousness was put into another version of Jake in that book.
. This reminded me of some ideas and theories used in a game novel called Steins: Gate and the idea of consciousness is something to explore to (god back to reading those theories and getting my heart torn in that game. AGAIN).

Also the time matrix relating to a sario rip, or even in a way, a controllable sario rip that doesn't involved every explosion happening would be also a nice point o explore. If I want to use the new box idea. Not too sure if readers like the idea of their Animorphs getting an upgrade (that should also follows the same laws as the original one carried). I do need to research about the time matrix because I forgot about its purpose and what happened to it. And yeah, sounds reasonable that it'd be discovered in the future and used for the purpose of giving thenew box to the original morphers. I do like that combination idea because it sounds a lot better than having explosions.

Though a good question needs to be answer. Would the Ellimist allow this? Actually, would it be that the Ellimist is all-knowing of all timelines, even those affected by Sario Rips (ANOTHER GOOD QUESTION: are Sario rips something of a distortion or something natural in the time-space he has overseen all the time) that he'd interfere in case time would alter or like there is one person in each timeline, is there one Ellimist in each timtline and does that one know all the timelines or just his own timeline?

Uh. I think I went too deep. Ah. Gonna touch on this later after maybe we discussed more on Sario rips and the Time matrix. Bleh.

Btw, the list of characters is also as rough as the Controller above, though some I've already written a bit for some interesting ideas. And these are adults trying to help the past, especially the Animorphs. Examples are: Another Yeerk Controller, one of the morphers during the ending (so his morph is a polar bear). The host was in a medical profession that the Yeerks targetted to get close to high-priority humans, leaving him guilt and uncertainty in his practice. His Yeerk however, would later become part of an alliance to work with their enemies for reasons relating to
Spoiler:
the One
and convinced him to help with his medical practice and psychology as a medic. In the future, much further from the ending, he had worked with Cassie to know her well as colleagues. He could also serve as a helper to the Animorphs in dealing with their psychological distress over morals and their mental conditions in the war. Another character is a human who was part of volunteers regarding a project in the future but an accident caused his consciousness to be sent back to WW1 for a short period of time. He suffers from flashbacks because of it and still the effect of relasping into the past, a sort of time disassoication problem. In a way this is like vivid predictions that he passes on to the Animorphs to help them in situations, even if his problem only puts him in certain points. The rips and Time Matrix, thanks to what you point out, could be a keypoint to that said project.

Even Menderash, Santorelli and Jeanne as we never read more on these three characters and I thought it'd be unfair to discard them (if I want to have it that this story connects to the ending). Still draft because I've yet to figure out what their new roles would be in the group (maybe Menderash is th leader and overseer of the delivery of the new box?). In any case, like I said before, I could discard these or rework on them. I do see the idea of the sario rips should be fully touched on before I involve these characters in the first place. Tell me what you think about these characters btw and keep in mind that they can be in or out.

One question btw, speaking of alliance with Yeerks. What ever happened to the Yeerk Peace Movement towards the end? I vaguely remember anything about this group like it was never touched on. If someone can give me some info on this, if it really wasn't touched on, it could be something I can also explore too.

There is also a small idea about the Yeerks, mainly on the Controller medic above and the Yeerk with the host having half a brain. With their time spent in their own hosts and no longer the need to pretend unless circumtances call for it, the two Yeerks use different tones to differentiate themselves from their hosts when speaking so not to give confusion of who is speaking. It's also that the tones reflect on their true personalities.

A lot to disgest. And a looooot for me to go research. :Y Which I don't mind. Research is golden. Anything to point at btw? Also thank you very much again for those points, Ramona. Btw, sorry for large text. :x

Oh: an additional little tidbit. I already named my Yeerk of the host with half a brain. Vtrix ("V-Trix"). No numbers yet and I was playing around with virtue to get that name.

Cheynas
Civilian

Post by Cheynas » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:00 am

I forgot this other tidbit too. That the Yeerk and the host with half a brain go by "we", "us" if it were to be written in their POV or how they address themselves when talking to others who know their secret. Because they stand as one, they rarely use "I", "me" unless it's to do with subjects relating to themselves separately.

Cheynas
Civilian

Post by Cheynas » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:02 am

Update: I thought more about this discussion. Holy Moly, I think I have a better idea of how the plot roughly will go. I had to write it down so I wouldn't confuse myself (agh!).

I'll post the plot outline maybe tomorrow or weekends for more discussion. It's late. My head is hurting from time theories. Ack. -collapses-

Ramona
Commander
Commander

Post by Ramona » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:56 am

For the research, I would suggest using google scholar and some scientific databases about the brain. You might not found anything about what happens when someone doesn't have part of their brain. But you could find some research about how the brain works, what part of the brain is thought to control what and gain some understanding so you're not writing blind.

IIRC, the Animorphs lost track of the YPM when the war became an open one. So you are pretty free to explore that how you want to as nothing's really known about how that ended up. My personal thought is that they were the first yeerks to be very willing to morph one animal and purposely stay trapped as that animal.

As for whether or not the Ellimist would allow time travel change, you could maybe say he would since
Spoiler:
the One
seems to be more powerful than him or Crayak.

Also, you can edit your original comment so you don't have to keep making new comments to update.
Which also gives me some character ideas (either for this host or other characters) relating on how other things could stop them from choosing to have morphing. Like metal within the body, does that prevent you because it could cause internal bleeding from the inside with your organs morphing about? Or doctor's appointments showing up "Huh, seems like your missing kidney is there again. Care to explain?" Lol.
Interesting that you mentioned that since I just finished re-reading The Warning. In it, Jake got shot when he was in a rhino morph. When he demorphed, his skin sort of pushed out the bullet. Of course, this is completely different from having something inside you since the bullet didn't really piece the rhino's hide. It's a starting point, though and I find that a starting point is better than just guessing. I also do remember in a Cassie book, she found Hork Bajir (I think it was Hork Bajir) flesh in her human teeth so I guess it's possible for something outside the body to remain in it. That's probably all I can really help you with on the metal-inside-body thing.

Also, one thing about the ending of the books. While most people think they died, the manoeuvre was something that had already been done before by Elfangor who survived. This happened in theAndalite Chronicles. So it's possible that they survived it. Whether or not they do is up to you. Just thought I might point that out since I've seen a lot of people go 'it's not possible'.

I won't discuss any more things since I don't know if you have dropped some plot points, added or changed things. I don't think anyone can thing about time theories without hurting their heads.

Edit:
? Or doctor's appointments showing up "Huh, seems like your missing kidney is there again. Care to explain?" Lol.
I suppose that depends on how often the character goes to the hospital, how healthy they are and if it's reasonable to assume they are healthy enough to avoid anything major. I'm going to take a guess here and say someone with half a brain would probably have a lot of doctor's appointment. Sorry if I misread your comment and the doctor thing was aimed at another character of yours, I first read your comment late at night and then right after I got home from work.
Look at me. I am your own nightmare....Okay, I'm not, I'm just some random on the internet that couldn't think of a witty line. Humour me?

Cheynas
Civilian

Post by Cheynas » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:05 am

Google scholar is the first I've heard but I am studying a bit more on the brain (at least a refreshing from my anatomy and psychology classes), even information regarding people who have had part of their brain surgically removed to still be able to function in a normal life. The ones about those born with half a brain, scientists speculate the brain had to rewire itself to work the body (hence a news article of a girl with perfect vision of two eyes in just one). I might even go deeper regarding how the brain works in sense of the consciousness and free will. Can a Yeerk completely take over a brain if conditions weren't made? Even much deeper on phantom limb since I remember reading about how that is connected to the brain.

:Y Gonna be a loooot of research on this to the point my brain hurts. I'm more artistic than brainy. But as true as I can, I'll keep to the research.

Hm, I suppose that would make sense like Aftran. More for the reason that it was a lose to save their own people for peace and decided to save themselves to live as animals. Makes sense in a way to me. In any case, I'll keep that info in mind.

That one character was never really explained alot other than serve as a "almighty" antagonist archetype. Though for Ellimist to change his hand of cards...possible. But how much can he allow until time and space collapse. Would be a risky move but yeah, I bet he and Crayak would take it if the game were to go in the favor of the One, instead of them.

And yeah but I thought that cuz of how long my posts are getting, I'll get people lost in them. Still you have a good point. I'll only use posts for anything major like the plot outline I'll do later but updates will be kept in edit. Thank you and I apologise for my minor updates. It's too bad I cannot delete those now...ahem.

Thanks for those pieces of information. I've really forgotten alot from my days. It does give a better idea but also some grim thought regarding what metal is inside that is needed for a said injury and whether that metal internally can damage inside once it separates itself from flesh. In any case, this bit of information might come in a later book but it's still a topic I'd like to explore. In all honesty, once I fully research on the brain, I could well change the idea the Controller was born with half a brain to it was a medical procedure and there is metal inside. This could combine with the idea the Yeerk can only control half the body but for an unconscious reason the Controller can control the other. AGAIN, need to fully research before I touch on this because as you said, the brain is complex.

Hm. I actually have yet to think more of the aftermath of the ending but I didn't decide yet if they'd live or die. There can be many ways around this and after what you explained, I think it would make more sense they lived, especially if to be linked to a future project that is to deliver the box. Maybe at a later point a much drastic event happened to them in the future but for this part, it's all still open for ideas.

Ahahaha. I've actually been there. My last 2 fanfics revolved around time theories to the point it did give me a headache. So a second time will be...fairly alright. And actually, about whether I have dropped, added or changed, I've decided to make a post after this to go over the important points rather than go everywhere. What I've discussed is pretty much the same only probably with an upgrade/improvement. I'd only take out something if it proves to be difficult or unnecessary. So far haven't come to that because I'm still structuring everything out. At least if we all go over important points, it'll be a direction to focus on for discussion sake. I hope that will be good to keep within order.

Also now that you pointed out, it also warrants of how well a Controller hides the fact they have a slug inside their skull. And no worries, it can be for both because they are still draft and most I have listed might serve as secondary background characters (only to be introduce in ltr books because I have some interesting ideas that I think should have their own books instead). It's good you brought it up on the Controller character to consider that possibility.

Unless they know doctors that are also Controllers...huh..

Still thank you very much for all this. I'm gonna make two major posts after this: the plot outline (draft) and the important questions/points that should be thought over. Also they'll serve as a list for me because I've got a bad memory sometimes.

Oh boy. I'm gonna be up the whole night...

EDIT: Ok I decided to combine my post instead.

Alright. So here's my plot outline. Which will subject to change. It just covers the more important details and other things mentioned above like say characters from the future would be minor because I don't want to squeeze too much when those can be explored further into next books.

So without further ado, here it is.

1. Vtrix and her host encounters the Animorphs for the 'first' time and gives them the new device, telling them they are a Controller and they need to protect it. However, both of them were killed and the device was taken away by the Yeerks.
2. Shockingly, one of the Animorphs find out the Controller alive but seemingly oblivious of them as Animorphs. In their search and interrogation, they learn that the host was born with half a brain and both Yeerk and host cooperates together to move in sync within one body. The host tells them that if they kill Vtrix, they will leave the host to die. The Controller offers a proposal to help them retrieve back the box from a Sharing.

3. However, during the retrieval which starts well, an explosion happens to cause another unstable Sario Rip, sending the Controller into it. The Controller finds themselves freefalling in the sky until something grabs them for a second, telling them to locate the box and throwing them into another rip.
4. The Controller in the past is able to locate the box but now with the new information told by the Animorphs, they try to help them without crossing paths with their other selves. While this helps the Animorphs and prolongs their timed death, the Controller soon succumbs to their fate in order to protect the Animorphs. Thankfully, both consciousnesses merges with their present selves and reunites with the Animorphs.

5. Jake however makes a connection that the Vtrix they've learned is not the 'original' Vtrix and suspects she is the merged consciousness of her future self. Vtrix's secret is uncovered and explains by order, she cannot expose future details for the sake of keeping time in order. Jake is uncertain: whether the 'old Vtrix' will still be an enemy to them because of her 'alliance' with her people or the 'new Vtrix' stay to her word to help the Animorphs. Jake could only guess the merging happened way at one point before they met the Controller a second time and after, or perhaps before everything happened. So Jake asks - who is Vtrix. Vtrix replies, "How you believe Vtrix should be."

6. Vtrix has more secrets - that during the accident that caused her future self to merge together with her past self, her 'original' host had 'died'. That 'original' host's consciousness never merged with their past self's. And there is the worry of what happened after the project that sent her future self in time and the future Rip caused by that project that she has to prevent or else their existence would be gone. Additionally, her future self was not the only one who was involved in the project. Vtrix also askes the host, why did they lie about themselves, that they'll die if the Animorphs kill Vtrix. Vtrix now has a much difficult task of trying to figure what their identity is now just as "the future Vtrix" did in her original timeline.

Yup...I can see the heads roll. GONNA DO HEAVY RESEARCH BTW so just remember, what I've written is not set in stone. I am very sorry you got confused btw. I did too. I had to write a freaking timeline to set it up properly.

Also I don't mind opinions. Is it good, is some parts not good that it needs work? Like I said it's a draft and will be explored much further but I'm open to feedback.

Next is the post that will list out the important points and questions but it's getting late so I'll work out a doc on the side and later this weekend post it up.

KelbridKiller123
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by KelbridKiller123 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:11 pm

This is a very interesting idea. I think it could, with some minor adjustments, work in canon with capn's neomorphs series (http://www.neopedia.wikidot.com/). That would eliminate problems such as: do the animorphs survive ramming the blade ship?
(
Ramona wrote:
While most people think they died, the manoeuvre was something that had already been done before by Elfangor who survived. This happened in theAndalite Chronicles. So it's possible that they survived it. Whether or not they do is up to you. Just thought I might point that out since I've seen a lot of people go 'it's not possible'.
)
since that event is alredy in the past in the neomorphs timeline.

Cheynas
Civilian

Post by Cheynas » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:17 pm

KelbirdKiller123,

Thank you for liking this idea. As for connecting with another series, hm. I'm kinda surprised of a suggestion to link with another author's series (which I'd like to apologise I've heard of it but never had the time to read it). However, I wouldn't want to intrude without the author's consent if I were to write the future parts in this idea to be in canon with his series and although this is rough, I don't know if there will be inconsistencies between my ideas to his canon writing. Like say, I have a character alive but he may have written them off dead or I don't want to include an event but he included it. Like I said, my ideas, small and big, will not be removed unless I find it unfitted to the story.

Still, I'll keep this in mind and maybe consult with this author for some directions (if he'll like to, I mind. Again I don't want to intrude).

Of course...maybe apply multiverse theory into the mix...hm...

I'll have to make this short btw as I'm leaving for class but there's one thing I'll like to state because I forgot. This idea will be set in the middle of the Animorphs series. The Animorphs and the Controller are kids here. Ok gtg!

Cheynas
Civilian

Post by Cheynas » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:14 am

Alright, it's been a little quiet but I've been heavily working on research and idea structures.

One research isssss kinda making me a biiiit unsure since I'm not too well-involved in the Animorphs universe because I kinda forgot the details. So I was hoping people could help me out if possible. And that is the Sario Rip.

Oh yeah. Warning for people: since this is time travel, I'm also putting in paradoxes to help me understand how the theory of Sario Rips go about. Sooooo, this is where you're gonna go "so then this happen but if that happens then that would mean...ah AHHH" BOOM! Head explodes. But after going over them and the Sario Rip...it helped me see it as a concrete plot element that doesn't go into a plothole (I mean every time travel tropes tend to go into plotholes the more it gets complicated).

So here is what I kinda understand with the paradoxes and using the information from the Animorphs wiki.

1. A Sario Rip is a rift in the fabric of spacetime, caused by a massive, precise explosion. It can send those in the vicinity of the explosion either forward or backwards through time
2. If a being is taken backwards in time by the effect, they must reverse the effect before the date and time that it originally occurred, as one being cannot exist simultaneously in more than one location*.
3. Prior to the time of the rip, they are protected by the ‘backlash**’ of the rip effect, but if they fail to reverse the effect before the original event took place, they will cease to exist in all timeframes
4. Note: All this implies a single path timeline theory
5. If a being sent in the past dies before the event of the first rip, their consciousness merges with his other self in the timeline. That can only happen they are in the same period where their other self exists
6. Implying if this is a single path timeline - A consciousness is merged before the effect and the being changes time to prevent the effect, this erases the effect and everything related to the event. This however would mean the event that causes the merging of the consciousness would be erased as well. The Grandfather paradox.
7. Implying the multi-path timeline theory - A being is sent back in time in another multiverse because of the Rip and dies. The being’s consciousness is merged with the other self in the multiverse and the other self changes their present to prevent the Rip from happening. The Multiverse Theory (A much frightening question: did the old being murder the new being by having the consciousness merged?)

Annnnnd I hear some explosions. I apologise. BUT HEY THAT'S WHAT TIME TRAVEL DOES, it fs your mind.

There are some questions and things I need clearly if that's ok. Even better, if I'm a bit off with the information I gathered or putting in theorized paradoxes into the mix like some time travel writers put in. And I am keeping in mind that when Applegate wrote this book, she may have only used common time travel tropes but never went further but I think with some of this information to theorise how Sario Rips works more, it'll help me use them as a plot element properly. Even more, there isn't a lot of information because it was only used twice in the series.

OK! So the first thing is the *.

as one being cannot exist simultaneously in more than one location* - I remember it was Ax who explained this that two Rips cannot exist in the same timeline (assuming this is just a fixed timeline) but did he also say individuals cannot exist too? Such as for example, the same Jake from the future is in the same space as the Jake from the past. So similar to the trope used in Back to the Future, where Martin couldn't be in the same space as his other self or else "BOOM!" The universe is gone. Anyway can anyone clarify?

‘backlash** - It's been very long since I read this and I did briefly read over but I might be a bit slow to understand. What does the backlash refer to actually?

Now questions (which some I FORGOT as I was writing sooo let's just go into what I know). 1, can we safely assume that Ax's explanation is a theory just like other theories we have (Grandfather paradox, multiverses)? I think this is actually a plothole there that the Andalites knew the consequences of the Sario Rips. After all, that would imply that the Andalites in history experienced itself and even the consequences of two Rips existing in the same time, which means there was a point the universe got destroyed-uh-bleh-BOOM! Head explode.

I guess I'd find the idea that the Andalites theorized the consequences as realistic then they experienced it themselves. That the Sario Rip's consequence if left alone is only a theory.

Also this is Ax. HE DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO CLASS! How legit can we take some of his information?

2. Morphing is not carried within the effects of the Sario Rip, whether you change the past or lead it on the correct path. I was wondering, morphing has to do with Z-space, which is devoid of space and time. And DNA is stored there. In the past, they could morph into dinosaurs but back in the present, they could not. But other morphs in the present, they can. Could it be that anything within the Z-Space is in accordance to what acquired in its present? That the existence of the DNA does not exist outside Z-Space, thus the existence of the DNA inside Z-Space is negated out?

This one...ffffffff...this is probably gonna be hard to talk about. My question above might not be explained well...

There's one more thing too that's never explained and I figure that we all readers as kids might have let it past by. Jake in the Forgotten. He received flashbacks about his event before it would happen. And only him. I do have some research that might support why and thoughts how its possible but I wanted to hear from the Animorphs readers.

Why did Jake get flashbacks about the Sario Rip event? And only this one instance. Marco in the megamorph 2 didn't get flashbacks, right? So why did Jake get it? Out of luck as Ax said at the end? Hm, wish he was more lucky and get more flashbacks if that were the case. I think that if left alone in the entirety of the series, this has never been explained.

Also anything else I forgot about Sario Rips and the stories around them? Anything I'm off or wrong? Anything that needs to be explained?

-----

Information in case people don't know what the paradoxes are.

Grandfather paradox - An event where you go to kill your grandfather but you erase your family tree. But in doing so, also erases your killing. Thus it never happened.
The Multiverse Theory - more than one alternate worlds coexist