Question about an Animorphs musical

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Question about an Animorphs musical

Post by YeerkSalad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:33 pm

I was surfing the web (actually, drowning in the web) and I found out about an Animorphs musical called "Brilliant Disguise." I couldn't find much info on it, though and was wondering:
1. Does it have spoilers for the series, and if so, from which books?
2. Are there any bad words, and if so, which ones?
3. Basically, is there anything questionable about this, i.e. what do you think is the minimum age for watching this? Get as annoyingly specific and uber-pedantic as you can! I like long posts.
Last edited by YeerkSalad on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Re: Question about an Animorphs musical

Post by YeerkSalad » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Anybody know?

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by YeerkSalad » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:50 pm

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Ikandor
Civilian

Post by Ikandor » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 am

There is an ANIMORPHS MUSICAL?? How did I not know about this?? I don't have time to watch it right now, but I swear I will as soon as possible and answer your questions. I guess especially the spoiler-part might be good to know for others interested in this thing. Still can't believe it. Awesome. Thanks for making this post!

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by YeerkSalad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:42 pm

NO problemo! Just let me know as soon as you can.

Ikandor
Civilian

Post by Ikandor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:55 am

Okay, so I know it’s been some time since my last post because I’ve been busy with school (and to be honest, I kind of forgot about it) but here it is: my post about the Animorphs musical. Better late than never.

Maybe I should start by explaining some general things about the musical. The biggest surprise for me was that it’s a comedy (I kind of expected them to go with a more serious approach) and there are lots of gags and puns. The audience laughs a lot which makes it sometimes hard to understand what the actors are saying and it took me a few minutes to get used to it. I’d recomend headphones, worked for me.

There aren’t many spoilers. They sum up what has happened and how they got their morphing power and everything and Marco’s mother is mentioned (meaning book #5), but I’ll just assume that most people here got past book 5. ;-) Apart from that there are spoilers for #13 The change and #20-#22. So if you haven’t read the David-trilogy yet, don’t watch it. The plot of the musical doesn’t cover more than #1-#22.

Concerning the language… I think the worst word was „motherfuc*ing“ at one point, „do*che“ several other times, „oh crap“ and wrote down the word "di*k", but that’s it. Oh, and there’s one allusion to sex. At least as far as I can remember (watched it twice now). So they do use curse words even though usually in a funny context. If I had to set an age limit for it, I guess… twelve maybe? As I said, it’s a comedy that doesn’t take itself too seriously so that I don’t think anyone would be offended by it.

Everybody involved did a really really great job with this! It’s amazing that someone out there sat down and wrote this. I wish I could go deeper into all the things I liked about it, but I don’t want to spoil anything – all I can say is: go watch it! Everybody!

If you're too lazy to google it, here's the link to vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/24550068

Have fun! ;-)