The Drode Chronicles

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Alanfangor
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: The Drode Chronicles

Post by Alanfangor » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 am

Hey capn are you planning on doing another chronicle when you are done with this one?

Mtn_otter
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Mtn_otter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Sassy_Cat wrote:That made little to no sense. Annoying prunes usually don'y get fanfic of their own.
Which is the point. Little to no sense is exactly what the Drode himself makes, half the time.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:24 pm

Sassy_Cat wrote:That made little to no sense. Annoying prunes usually don'y get fanfic of their own.
One thing to learn about living here on AFF: almost everything I say and do makes little to no sense. ;)

In this case, the prune doesn't annoy everyone; at least, I find him very refreshing. Look at our other villains. We've got Visser Three, who has probably killed more of his troops than the Animorphs have, we have David, who really wasn't around very much, we've got Crayak, who is around even less and just kind of stares at you Edward Cullen-style. And then there's the Drode; the guy who pulls over-sized watches out of the air, disappears behind tiny trees like a cartoon character, and just generally adds a whole lot of life to Team Evil.

Plus, he's a dinosaur or something. Rawr.
Alanfangor wrote:Hey capn are you planning on doing another chronicle when you are done with this one?
Not immediately after. There's the regular books to think about, of course. But I plan to write another Chronicle before I write another Megamorphs - and for the record, I do plan to write another Megamorphs.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Dinosuar? Did you get hit in the head of late? Because, I don't think the Drode is a dinosuar.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

nomadsland
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by nomadsland » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 pm

He's described as looking similar to a purple dinosaur with wrinkled skin and an oddly humanoid face. So you're probably right that he's not a dinosaur, but according to the animorphs, he looks like one. And these are the guys who describe Hork-Bajir as "walking salad shooters."
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Sassy_Cat wrote: Did you get hit in the head of late?
I did, but that isn't the point. 8D
nomadsland wrote:He's described as looking similar to a purple dinosaur with wrinkled skin and an oddly humanoid face.
Yep; sort of like that time I did a bunch of LSD and watched Barney.

Calhoun, not The Dinosaur.

keithisuncool
Civilian

Post by keithisuncool » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 am

I just read this and am very interested, but it looks like you haven't added to it in a long time.

theNuklearBobcat
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by theNuklearBobcat » Thu May 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah dude... same here. What's up with that? It's not fair to leave us hanging... Anyway, I'm enjoying the fanfics so far, though. Thanks for doing it!

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Fri May 25, 2012 9:49 am

nomadsland wrote:He's described as looking similar to a purple dinosaur with wrinkled skin and an oddly humanoid face. So you're probably right that he's not a dinosaur, but according to the animorphs, he looks like one. And these are the guys who describe Hork-Bajir as "walking salad shooters."
Huh, forgot about that. I've never really thought of him as a dinosuar.

... Maybe I'm the one that got hit on the head of late.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:05 pm

This is so cool. Just last week, I was on another thread saying that, if I could choose one character/race to have a new Chronicles story about, I'd choose the Drode. And then I find this. Hey internet gods, you know what else would be cool? Winning the lottery. *waits around to see if internet gods respond*

In all seriousness, though, this is a kickass story. I love the way you fleshed out the Drode's character some more. He's very believable. In the books, he was more or less an amusing cartoon character - fun to read about, with lots of potential, but not that well developed. But here he's an actual person, and I love reading about him. The backstory you invented for him is excellent as well. I never thought I'd have all that sympathy for a character who supposedly betrayed his entire race to Crayak, but I was wrong. I like the origins story for Crayak too, and the relationship between him and the Drode. I wonder if it stays that way - the Drode is secretly running the show and only pretending to be Crayak's servant - or if something happens to change that between now and when the Animorphs meet him.

Anyway, great story. Thanks for posting this! Are you still planning on adding more at some point?
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."