The Drode Chronicles

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
BeyondtheEllimist
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: The Drode Chronicles

Post by BeyondtheEllimist » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Interesting. Either the Drode is still really in control of the Crayak and just playing the glorified assistant role, or something happens and the Drode goes from being the Crayak's master to doing its bitchwork.
There is much that is beyond the Ellimist . . . he just won't admit it.
Check out my fanfic series, Novamorphs. It has the Animorphs' children fighting a second Yeerk invasion. First book: The Infestation.Second book: The Search.

nomadsland
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by nomadsland » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:45 pm

BeyondtheEllimist wrote:Interesting. Either the Drode is still really in control of the Crayak and just playing the glorified assistant role, or something happens and the Drode goes from being the Crayak's master to doing its bitchwork.
That's what I look forward to finding out.
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by freded21 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Wait is this and Drodegasm cannon with the Neomorphs.
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Drodegasm is not. That's just for sillieness. However, all the information and such you read in this story will be canon with the rest of Neomorphs.

Alanfangor
Aristh
Aristh

Post by Alanfangor » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:43 pm

here's a typo you have
kal[/i] cannons
so The One created Crayak?? well that's an ironic twist of fate that means Crayak was banished by his own ""father" intresting.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Alanfangor wrote:here's a typo you have
kal[/i] cannons
so The One created Crayak?? well that's an ironic twist of fate that means Crayak was banished by his own ""father" intresting.

Thanks for pointing out the typo. It's fixed now.

I thought long and hard about Crayak's origins. I decided that I'd explain them in this story, since after this there wouldn't be all that much more to tell about Crayak and the Drode. When I hit upon the idea of Crayak being a machine, I needed to think of someone or something that could have created him. I had several ideas. Here are some rejected ones:

1.) A very powerful and advanced "creator race", the first race in the universe. After creating the Crayak, they were destroyed by i.
I decided against this one because it just seemed too simple, and didn't really tie in with the rest of the Animorphs universe in any way.

2.) After he gained the powers over time and space that he gets in the ElliChron (and in this story, since I'm going to be telling the Drode's POV of his game with the Ellimist), he reached back through time and created himself.
I decided against this one because it leads to some very confusing time-paradox discussions.

3.) The Ai created the Crayak to help them conquer the galaxy. However...well...
Yeah, I couldn't find a good way to solidify that with the rest of th story.

So in the end, I decided that there was only one being in this series with the power and knowledge to create something like the Crayak: The One (a.k.a. Azmaveth). After I decided upon that, the rest flowed naturally. The idea for the Crayak's mission being to seek the perfect race comes from statements the Ellimist made about in him book 26, calling him a perfectionist of sorts. I thought this gave a pretty good reason why he's so obsessed with perfection.

I did a lot of research for this one. I hunted down every reference I could find about Crayak and the Drode, and I think I'm going to tie everything together nicely.

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI

Post by Spencer » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:53 am

Well I'm excited. Good read, as usual.

Alanfangor
Aristh
Aristh

Post by Alanfangor » Tue May 25, 2010 7:00 am

So since MM6 got an update recentley I'm wondering: When are you gonna update this story It's been a while y'know

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 pm

This is great. I actually hated the Drode as a useless character who was never really developed- but this is fascinating.

Hopefully there's an update sometime soon. Please?
Image Image Image Image

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Working on it. This story is definitely getting continued, as soon as I have the leisure. There's a lot going on in my life just now, but things'll calm down very soon. Then its back to writing.