Animorphs #55: The Prologue (TOBIAS AND CRAYAK CUT A DEAL)

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Animorphs #55: The Prologue (TOBIAS AND CRAYAK CUT A DEAL)

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:08 pm

yashashree2025 wrote:hi,this is to say i really enjoyed the new book and the ones to follow...the twists given by you capn...are outstanding...keep up the good work!! :D
Thanks! I fully intend to keep it up (although the series is on hiatus at the moment. Hopefully, I'll be able to resume it by the time you're all caught up.
Ellimist wrote:Welcome to the Neomorphs Fan Club. New recruits should abstain from viewing the Neopedia, as it can spoil some of capn's awesome works for you. :mrgreen:
Yeah; Neopedia can be a bit of a hazard for new fans. However, the forum attached to the wiki is perfectly safe. I think...

And Ellimist? Fawesome userbar. KOL4EVR

Ellimist
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Ellimist » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:15 pm

capnnerefir wrote:And Ellimist? Fawesome userbar. KOL4EVR
Thanks. I was tinkering with ImageReady when I suddenly found out I could create frames, and thus create animated images. This was the first thing I tried. It took 30 minutes, because the fading part was not coming right. I finally created duplicate frames with less opacity, and gave them a stay-time of 0.1 second. That was so easy, yet took so much time to find out.

Now, back to the topic : Neomorphs rocks!
Powered by chocolate and Dvorak

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Ellimist wrote:Thanks. I was tinkering with ImageReady when I suddenly found out I could create frames, and thus create animated images. This was the first thing I tried. It took 30 minutes, because the fading part was not coming right. I finally created duplicate frames with less opacity, and gave them a stay-time of 0.1 second. That was so easy, yet took so much time to find out.
Hey! I understood all of that! *is proud of self*
Ellimist wrote:Now, back to the topic : Neomorphs rocks!
Thank!

sjroach
Gedd

Post by sjroach » Thu May 14, 2009 3:39 am

That was awesome! i loved it!!! best fan fiction ive ever read... im gonna look into ur other ones! good job!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon May 18, 2009 8:48 am

Glad you liked it! I hope you continue to enjoy the series.

freded21
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Animorphs #55: The Prologue (Part III)

Post by freded21 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:35 pm

capnnerefir wrote:
THERE IS A SOLUTION, the Ellimist said. YOU HAVE YOUR SERVANTS. WE HAVE OURS. IF YOU USE YOUR POWER DIRECTLY, SO WILL WE. IF YOU USE ONLY YOUR SERVANTS, THE YEERKS, THE KELBRID, AND THE LIKE, WE WILL NOT INTERFERE. THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
when he says the like does he mean like so on and so forth or is there some hidden species called the like
I <3 the Animorphs

I just had a AFF moment. My friends and I were talking about people who use others and I say:
"yeah it's like when someone only makes 5 posts then leaves and never comes back."
No one knew what I was talking about...

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:03 am

The original intent was "so on and so forth" (such as the Pythagi, Ssri'Kai, etc), though now I kinda want to make the Like... Good question!

Menno
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: Animorphs #55: The Prologue (TOBIAS AND CRAYAK CUT A DEA

Post by Menno » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:32 pm

I just read this (the PDF version), and here are my criticisms (of course I was somewhat impressed by it or I wouldn't have finished reading it):

1. WHY does Tobias have something against the French? There is nothing in any of the canon books to suggest this, and while I realize that his character has changed in the three years since the war, his anti-French-ness seems absolutely absurd. Given the fact that he spent years in a war, not between countries, but between species; and considering the fact that he was one of the first who thought it might be a good idea to give yeerks the ability to morph as a step toward peace; and especially given the fact that Tobias has never really belonged anywhere, and certainly never in his life had a taste of the "American Dream", it seems pretty impossible that he would ever devolve into a petty nationalist.

2. After Jake sent Rachel on that suicide mission in #53/54, Tobias would not say that Jake was close to being a "sensitive guy."

3. There are a lot of typos. In every chapter, almost every page. Mostly, there are a lot of periods missing, a few spots where "noting" is used instead of "nothing"...and, the really glaring one, on page 123, Tobias says, "I'll EVER run from the Yeerks. Never." I also recall something about Jake and Marco opening their moths, and Gardens employees going into animal habitats in order to fee the animals.

4. Why would Tobias leave us with some words of wisdom from Streetlight Manifesto? In #54, it is evident that 3 years after the war, Tobias does not care for music.

BeyondtheEllimist
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BeyondtheEllimist » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:01 pm

While I can't answer your other three observations, I can answer the fourth one.
Menno wrote: 4. Why would Tobias leave us with some words of wisdom from Streetlight Manifesto? In #54, it is evident that 3 years after the war, Tobias does not care for music.
I don't believe it's meant to be from Tobias. It's just something that capnnerefir does. He always ends his fanfics in his continuation of the series with a song from Streetlight Manifesto.
There is much that is beyond the Ellimist . . . he just won't admit it.
Check out my fanfic series, Novamorphs. It has the Animorphs' children fighting a second Yeerk invasion. First book: The Infestation.Second book: The Search.

danpfeiffer
Civilian

Post by danpfeiffer » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Speaking of Capn, anyone heard from him lately?