Fic Recommendations

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
NinaRayquaza
Cyborg
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Fic Recommendations

Post by NinaRayquaza » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:28 pm

So, do you know of a fanfiction that just isn't getting the publicity it deserves? Are you a new writer seeking feedback? Or are you just looking for some good things to read? On this thread, you can recommend any Animorphs fanfiction from any website.

To recommend a fanfiction, give its name, its author, a basic summary, spoilers, any warnings (profanity, violence etc) and a link to the fic itself. A personal review and rating out of 10 are optional, but hey, why not?

An example (and shameless advertisement of my own writing):

Driving Lessons by Nina_562
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5133
Marco takes driving lessons. It goes about as well as you'd expect.
Slight spoilers for events up to and including #45, but it's somewhat non-canon.
I am from Australia. I am Australese.

On 10 May 2015, I became a cyborg.

Did I make an error when I said I was Australese?

blahblah
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Re: Fic Recommendations

Post by blahblah » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:36 pm

I just read a really great, young avengers and animorphs crossover on ao3.

Ikandor
Civilian

Re: Fic Recommendations

Post by Ikandor » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:49 am

There's a pretty cool fanfiction by tinyinkstainedbird on archiveofourown.org that's called "They were kids that I once knew". It's basically a series of more or less indipendent short stories that take place during and after war, so it contains spoilers for the ending. And they are really, really dark and messed up, but not in a violent way, it kind of just shows what happened between the books and how they all dealt with the war. Nine stories of pure, intense dialog. Contains cursing and partly mature content, so probably not appropriate for all audiences. But I love them and can only recommend them to anyone who’s interested – I guess you’ll find out if it’s your kind of story after the first few paragraphes. Give it a try!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/185101 ... rs/3981865