I got a question

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Zeewolf05
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

I got a question

Post by Zeewolf05 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 am

First off, I'd like to say that I'm not that good a writer. I usually do it just for fun. When I do write, it's original stuff that pops in my head. Lately, I got a few ideas that happen to be with the animorphs. Things is, I never really wrote any fan fiction before today. I haven't had the chance to read any fan fic yet but I did check out a few reactions to get a feel of what people like and don't like.

This is the thing, my story involves an OC (original character) that grew up in the world of a certain TV series. This OC then gets thrown in the animorphs world. Also, I'm putting the yeerk invasion around 2010, but with the team still the same age as in the books. I'm trying to pull off some sort of trick like they used in the last Star Trek movie. They made so as like the original universe is still there but the new can still exist.

Anyway, my question, is it something I should post?
The reason I'm asking is mostly because I've posted stuff on the net before and it wasn't the best experience. Is what I'm doing to much out there for people to actually want to read it?
I intend to live forever, or die trying.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I got a question

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:53 pm

Sure, go for it! The people here are generally pretty nice, and if anyone's mean to you, we tend to shut them down pretty quick. If you take a look at our Fan Fiction Index, you'll see that we're pretty big fans of any sort of writing here. I've even contributed one or two myself. ;)

As far as the premise goes, I've read (and enjoyed) things that are a lot stranger. Actually, the sort of crossover you're talking about really isn't all that uncommon. You should definitely go for it.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I seriously don't mind.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

Zeewolf05
Civilian

Post by Zeewolf05 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Glad to hear it. I was hesitant for a while but I'm slowly changing my mind. I got two chapters done and I'm working on number three. So no matter what, I'm still going to write this sucker down. That's the way I am.

Thank you.

JMRCTA
Admiral
Admiral

Post by JMRCTA » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 pm

When can we read it? ;)
Unique individualities. Are forgotten.

War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor

Post by War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:39 pm

[quote="capnnerefir"]Sure, go for it! The people here are generally pretty nice, and if anyone's mean to you, we tend to shut them down pretty quick. If you take a look at our [url=http://animorphsfanforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=463]Fan Fiction Index[/url], you'll see that we're pretty big fans of any sort of writing here. I've even contributed one or two myself. ;)

As far as the premise goes, I've read (and enjoyed) things that are a lot stranger. Actually, the sort of crossover you're talking about really isn't all that uncommon. You should definitely go for it.[/quote]

If one or two means about thirty or so...
But yeah, there are a lot of crossover works, and any fanfiction about the Animorphs is something to post here.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Post it......
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

Zeewolf05
Civilian

Post by Zeewolf05 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I know that crossovers are done often. My main concern is the how people react to them. I think most folks would prefer stories with the main cast as they know them in the books. Then again, I could be wrong. I'm just starting to check out these fan fics.

Anyway, my decision is taken and I will post the story I'm working on at a later date. Sorry for the delay but I'm waiting to have at least four chapters finished that I'm happy with before posting it.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:54 pm

I don't read fanfic usually, well, if it intrests me, then I will. Anyway, my opinion probaly doesn't really matter.
- Ray Bradbury

Zeewolf05
Civilian

Post by Zeewolf05 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Figured I'd update this post since I said I'd post something when I would have at least four chapters done. Well here's the thing:

I got to engrossed into writing this story when I had free time that along the way I forgot to keep transferring pages to my computer as I wrote them. I'm kind of old school so I write on paper first. Just something I prefer. Anyway, I'm done writing it and I will be getting back to transferring the pages to the computer. No idea how long that will take because once that's done I want to go over it to smooth things out. Make sure it has a good flow.

Along the way, something I find pretty cool, happened. This was suppose to be a quick one shot story as I have other ideas I want to work on. But I fell in love with this story and saw the possibility for a continuation. So now the words "book one" is going to be slapped alongside the title. I already have the outlines for the next two books and an idea on what I want to do with book four.

I hope I'll be able to get them done. This would be the biggest thing I ever wrote so far in my life and I can't remember the last time I had this much fun creating.

Well, that's it for now.