A Modern Fable (Feghoot)

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Qoheleth
Warrior
Warrior

A Modern Fable (Feghoot)

Post by Qoheleth » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:46 am

Disclaimer: Well, I don't own Animorphs yet - but, as they say on the covers, change happens...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The six of us were walking aimlessly down the street, Tobias and Ax in their human morphs, none of us saying anything. The mission at the Ashton Factory had been a success, but it had also been draining, and even Marco seemed too tired to crack jokes about it.

Suddenly Cassie stopped, looked back at the factory, and burst out laughing. The rest of us nearly jumped out of our skin; somehow, Cassie finding something funny about a recent battle was more than our nerves could take right then.

"What's up, Cass?" said Jake.

"I just realized something," said Cassie in between giggles. "That poor guy, he's never going to know what kind of history he made..."

Marco groaned. "Oh, no, now what did we do?" he said.

Cassie took a deep breath. "Okay," she said. "You remember that disgustingly racist foreman at the factory? The one who spent all his time belittling that assistant of his?"

"Of course," said Jake.

"Well, I wanted to teach him a little lesson," said Cassie, "so, as we were leaving the factory, I sent him a quick thought-speak message. Nothing profound – basically just 'So long' – but I made a point of addressing him the same way he had been addressing his assistant."

Jake frowned. "That's a dangerous thing to be doing, Cassie," he said. "I agree that he deserved it, but it he ever gets infested..."

"I know, I know," said Cassie impatiently. "And I'll try not to do it again. But that's not the point."

"What is the point?" said Ax. "Poyn-tah."

"Well, don't you see what that makes me?" said Cassie. "Think about what morph I was in."

There was a moment's silence while we all thought. Marco, predictably, was the first one to get it. "Oh, no," he said. "You mean that you..."

"Exactly," said Cassie, starting to giggle uncontrollably again. "I was the wolf who cried 'Boy!'"

Poor Ax probably thought we'd lost our minds.

JMRCTA
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: A Modern Fable (Feghoot)

Post by JMRCTA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 am

Sooo, I don't understand it, it was a conversation in the middle of the story. :(
I don't mean it that bad way.
Unique individualities. Are forgotten.

War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor

Post by War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:16 pm

It's slightly out of place, as none of us know what happened at the Ashton factory, and the joke wasn't really enough for a whole story by itself, but otherwise, I enjoyed how this short section could be either a segment of a longer story, or a story in it's own right. Good job!

JMRCTA
Admiral
Admiral

Post by JMRCTA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 pm

I don't still get it.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:57 pm

I do.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

JMRCTA
Admiral
Admiral

Post by JMRCTA » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Qoheleth PM meh. I don't still get it.
I should really decide that I will never read long lyk that. My eyes r really getting blurred :(.

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:48 am

What do you mean?
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

JMRCTA
Admiral
Admiral

Post by JMRCTA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:37 pm

My head aches soo much... Reading on computer makes it... Oh forget it.

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:35 pm

<Get some sleep, then read it again.>
<I get it, it is a good joke, but I wish that it was part of a much longer story.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>