Animorphs and Disney

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Animorphs and Disney

Post by The_Brigadier » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello. This is my first post to AFF. Please be gentle. I apologize if you don't find the Animorphs in character. The Animorphs are all owned by K.A. Applegate and Scholastic and all Disney titles and songs belong to the Disney Company.

The Animorphs and Disney
My name is Jake. That’s all I can tell you. You see, I can’t give talk about my age, or my last name, or where I live because I am in a dangerous world. If I told anyone any personal information, I would wind up dead. Or worse. You see, a long while back (at least to me it seems like a long time) a dying Andalite prince named Elfangor told us that Earth was under invasion by miniscule, pathetic parasitic slugs called Yeerks. Those Yeerks aren’t looking to blow up Earth or steal our resources, like Hollywood makes all aliens do. No these Yeerks want something more precious: you. Or more specifically: your body.
At this point in time, you’re probably thinking ‘Okay, Jakey. Why don’t you wait here while I call the nearest loony bin, okay?’ Hey, if I didn’t see all of what I said first-hand, I wouldn’t believe me either. I still trouble believing me, but I digress. Although Yeerks are literally light years beyond our technology and could easily destroy our solar system with a single word, Earth isn’t completely defenseless. That’s where my friends and I come in. After Elfangor told us about our doom, he gave us— us: five pathetic, average kids— power and, more importantly, a choice. The choice to defend our planet and the power to hinder (and hopefully destroy) the Yeerk invasion. Our power is the ability to morph into any animal that we touch.
Now along with wondering where my meds are, you’re pondering how a bunch of kids can hope to stop an entire invasion when they can only turn into Chihuahuas, ladybugs, and chickadees. Believe me; we’ve done a lot of damage with our weapon. And hopefully, we’ll continue to do more with it until the Yeerks are defeated and Earth is free from their threat.
“…ke… Jake… Earth to Jake!”
“Huh?” I said, finally snapping out of my stupor.
“Jeez, Jake! Where are you?” snipped Rachel. Rachel was there with me when Elfangor spoke to us. If there is anything I can say about my cousin is that she is the bravest and most reckless one of us all. She’s the first to stampede into battle and the last to leave (and usually we drag her out). If I ever need anyone to do anything even remotely dangerous, her hand is the first in the air.
“Yeah, man. You alright?” questioned Tobias as he glanced over his shoulder. Tobias was a living reminder of what happened when you broke the first law of morphing. Although turning into animals is an awesome experience, there was a two-hour time limit. If you stay in a morph for more than two hours, you become trapped in that body for the rest of your life. Tobias is a red-tailed hawk and now spends every day of his life hunting mice. Fortunately for Tobias, an omnipotent, omniscient being called the Ellimist granted him his most desired wish, so now Tobias is still a hawk but he can morph, and more importantly fight again.
“Sorry guys. I guess I just blanked out,” I apologized.
“It’s nothing you want to talk about?” Cassie asked. Cassie is Rachel’s best friend nad her polar opposite. If Rachel is tall, blonde, fashionable, and a warrior, Cassie is short, black, has-no-fashion, and a pacifist. It’s kind of strange fighting alongside a peacemaker, but Cassie’s dad runs a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center and she assists him. The whole ‘Let’s slay aliens!’ thing goes completely against her programming. Oh, and I kind of like her… a lot.
“No, I’m fine,” I said nonchalantly.
“Jakey, me laddie!” Marco cried out cheerfully, throwing his arm around my neck. “You be thinkin’ much too hard, me boy! You need to enjoy life some more: smile at the lassies, eat some junk food, and get your butt kicked at videogames by yours truly,” finished Marco with a grin. Marco has been my best friend since our diaper days and is known for being group kidder. His story is pretty sad. A few years ago, his mother died in a sailing accident and her body was recovered. That just ruined his dad and forced Marco to fend for them both. A while back, he found his mother and it turns out that she is the host to the Yeerk who is leading Earth’s invasion. Now, in the hopes that he’ll eventually free her, Marco is fighting alongside with us. If it wasn’t for her, I don’t think that he’d even consider protecting Earth.
“Sorry Marco, but we all know who the real king is when it comes to games.
“You’re on,” he said “glaring” at me.
“Prince Jake, when can we go get cinnamon buns? Bunss bunz nzzz.” Ax drabbled out.
And that’s the final member of our team: Aximili Esgarrouth Isthill, but we just called him Ax. He’s the younger brother of Elfangor and our resident Andalite. In his true form, Ax is like a deer-centaur with blue fur, no mouth, four eyes (two on his face, two sitting on swiveling stalks on top of his head) and one long tail with a wicked-looking scythe attached to the end. Normally, Ax was the poster-child of discipline and control, but whenever he turned human, all that discipline and control went out the window. As I said earlier, Andalites have no mouths, meaning that they cannot talk the way you and I do and they don’t have taste buds. Food and words become playthings to those poor souls all their dignity, power, and pride is lost to the almighty Golden Arches.
“Sure, why not? And Ax?”
“Yes, Prince Jake?”
“Stop calling me Prince.”
“As you wish, Prince Jake.”

Usually, the six of us were doing death-defying acts of courage for Earth, but today, on this lazy Saturday, we were pigging out at the food court in our local mall. Marco and Rachel were bickering (not surprising). Oddly enough, they were fighting over Disney movies.
“Hah! Sleeping Beauty was awful! Thirty seconds of song and dance the prince falls in love with her? Fake!” sneered Marco.
“Sleeping Beauty any day over Ariel, that stupid fish!” snapped Rachel back.
My life was so fulfilling. As fulfilling as my taco.
“Hey! At least Ariel did stuff! Sleeping Beauty picked flowers, sung, and slept—”
“Are you two seriously having this conversation?” Cassie asked, completely flabbergasted.
“Yes!” Marco and Rach shouted simultaneously.
Cassie buried her face in her hands and sighed deeply.
“Hang in there, Cass. You’ve been through worse,” Tobias said comfortingly whilst patting her back.
“Sometimes I wonder…” Cassie muttered to herself.
“Prince Jake,” Ax pulled my attention from my dysfunctional friends.
“Stop calling me that.”
“We seem to drawing attention.”
I looked around us. Oh, well what do know? Ax was right. “Guys,” I said while getting up, “I think it’s time to leave.”
“Why?” hissed Marco, completely determined to beat Rachel in this argument.
“Fine. I’m gone,” I told him nonchalantly, leaving the scene.
“I’m with him,” Tobias sighed.
“Ditto,” said Cassie.
“Please wait for me,” begged Ax as he scarfed everyone’s left overs.
“Fine,” growled Rachel, her eyes still locked on Marco’s.

We finally made it to Tobias’s meadow. Ax and Tobias had demorphed. Marco and Rachel were still fighting.
“Really, guys? Really?” Cassie asked in pure disbelief.
“Well, Cassie,” snapped Rachel, “Since you’re such an expert on Disney movies, tell us which is the best.”
“None… all of them… oh I don’t know!” Cassie threw her hands up in the air.
I finally decided to intervene. “Now, now, you two. No need to drag Cass into this.”
<About time you finally said something, Jake. They were getting on my nerves,> grumbled Tobias form his branch.
“Not until we know what is the best Disney movie!” Marco childish barked.
I pinched the skin between my eyes. Being the leader of guerilla fighters was the most rewarding job any kid could ever ask for.
“Every single movie has its merits, and no one in the Disney Company expects there to be a number one movie because each film caters to a different audience,” I told my two warring friends with a “pleasant” smile.
<Oh, that should shut them up for awhile,> Tobias said.
“What. A. Cop-out.” Rachel snapped, accenting each syllable.
“Thanks a lot for jinxing it, dude,” I grumbled to the preening hawk several trees away.
<Whoops!>
“Yeah, Jake! What do you really think is the best Disney movie?” Marco demanded.
“I haven’t seen all of them (nor do I want to), so I can’t—” I began.
“Oh, yes you can!” finished Rachel.
“But—” I continued.
“You’ve made harder decisions Jake. So come on. What’s the best Disney movie?” Marco ordered again.
For the millionth time, I gave an exasperated sigh. “I can’t tell you what the best Disney movie.” I held up a hand to silence protests. “But I can tell you my favorite Disney movie.” Oh, Lord. I can’t believe I’m doing this.
“Fine,” Rachel snipped, giving her hair a satisfying flick.
“Ditto,” Marco mimicked.
I took a deep breath. “My favorite Disney movie is ‘Lion King’,” I stated.
“That one was a good movie,” agreed Cassie.
“Yeah, I guess it was decent,” concurred Marco.
<Why’d you like it?> questioned Tobias.
“I don’t know. I just do. Oh! I really liked Hakuna Matata. That song was cool.”
<I think my favorite characters were the hyenas…>
I ignored my friends and began to silently sing to myself.
“Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase// Hakuna Matata, ain’t no passing craze…”
Since Marco was my best friend, he immediately picked up what I was singing.
“It means no worries, for the rest your days,” I threw my arm around his shoulder and he did the same for me
“It’s our problem free philosophy,” we sang together.
“Hakuna Matata.” we finished with grins on our faces.
“Guys, I don’t know about you,” Cassie stated, smiling at us, “but Hakuna Matata is a paradigm that I miss.”
“Tell me about,” mumbled Marco. Secretly, all of us agreed.
<Say, Rach,> Tobias spoke. <What’s your favorite Disney movie?>
“Sleeping Beauty,” answered Marco.
“Shut up!” Rachel snapped. “My favorite Disney movie is Mulan.”
“Big shock there,” Cassie whispered.
“Out of all the Disney girls, Mulan was the one who knew how to kick some major butt. I mean, she saved China all by herself!” Rachel told us proudly.
“I’m so surprised I think I may never show emotion ever again,” said Marco in monotonous sarcasm.
Rachel ignored him and began to sing what I presume to be her favorite song out of Disney.
“Look at me// I will never pass for a perfect bride,”
<Oh, yes you can!> Guess who said that?
“Or a perfect daughter// Can it be that// I’m not meant to play this part?”
“Pfff! How much you wanna bet, sister?” Marco rolled his eyes.
“Can it be// that if I were to truly be myself// I would break my family’s heart?”
“We’d break all of their hearts,” I told her with all the honesty I could muster.
“Who is that girl I see// staring straight back at me// Why is my reflection someone I don’t know?”
“Sometimes I can’t even recognize myself,” whispered Cassie to no one.
“Somehow I cannot hide// who I am, though I’ve tried,”
“You do every day when we’re in school,” I said uselessly.
“When will my reflection show who I am inside// when will my reflection show who I am inside?”
It was amazing how that song fit the four of us. I wonder of Rachel intended it to. We sat in somber silence.
“Rach, I can make your reflection match who you are inside,” Marco finally spoke, inevitably lightening the mood. “First we need some cash. Then we gotta go to the mall. Then we hit a costume store.” We all knew where this was heading. “While we’re in there, I’ll get you some black hair paint and a Xena costume. You tell me that that isn’t ‘who you are inside’ with a straight face.”
Rachel laughed and playfully shoved Marco away. The grey mood was gone and Cassie forced a giggle. Tobias fluttered down to the log the four of us were leaning against.
“Marco? What’s your favorite movie?” asked Cassie.
“Oh that’s easy!” he answered while waving his hand dismissively. “The Jungle Book!”
“Why’s that, short stuff?”
Marco glared at Rachel but continued. “I loved Baloo! Out of all the characters, he was definitely my fav! But I couldn’t stand Mogali, that brat!”
“Why didn’t you like him?” Cassie inquired.
“Cause he was cold!” Marco said this as if it were the most important thing in the world. “I mean Bagheera the panther takes him away from his wolf-family and Mogali doesn’t so much as shed a tear? He’s losing his mom, dad, and siblings and he just forgets them?” He gave a disgusted grunt. “And then, in the end, after Baloo saves his life from Shere Khan, Mogali just ditches everyone for some random singing girl getting water? That kid has no loyalty or priorities!”
“Wow, Marco when you put it that way—”
“And the girl was married!” Marco cried out.
<Say what?>Tobias said in disbelief.
“No way!” Rachel cried out.
“She was!” Marco insisted. “The singing girl had a bhindi, which is the red dot on the forehead, which means she was married!”
<The girl in the movie was, like, eight! Why would she be married?>
“I think Disney added the dot to show that movie took place in India,” I said.
“As if we couldn’t tell by her clothes and the environment,” Cassie angrily grumbled.
“Mogali is sooo gonna get it once that girl’s husband finds him making googly eyes at her,” Rachel shook her head.
<I am so watching that movie again.>
“I’m joining you,” I agreed with Tobias.
“So anyway,” Marco cut in, trying to break our thoughts away from married eight-year-old girl. “My favorite Disney movie is the ‘Jungle Book’,”
“Despite the girl?” asked Cassie.
“Despite her and Mogali,” continued Marco. “I would love to meet Baloo in real life. And Bagheera the panther, too.”
<Why do you like Baloo so much?>
“Cuz Baloo taught me the meaning of life at a time when I still couldn’t tie my shoes,” Marco finished dreamily. We all knew where this was going.
“Look for the bare necessities// the simple bare necessities// Forget about your worries and your strife.”
<I never could’ve predicted that.> If hawks could roll their eyes, Tobias definitely would.
“I mean the bare necessities// ol’ Mother Nature’s recipies// that bring the bare necessities of life!”
“Baloo is every lazy bum’s idol.” Rachel and Cassie nodded in agreement with me.
“Where ever I wonder// where ever I roam// I couldn’t be found//up my big home// the bees are making honey just for me!”
“Are not,” Cassie sighed.
“The bare necessities of life will come to you// they’ll come to you.”
“Sure they will,” I snapped sardonically.
<Marco, I hate to shatter your world, but the ‘bare necessities’ don’t come to me.>
Marco lay down in the grass with his arms folded behind his head. “If only I could just chill with Baloo all day long. No responsibilities, a whole jungle as my crash pad, fruit just dropping from the trees…”
“Too bad Baloo never existed and that jungle has been torn down for that village,” Rachel growled, trying to burst Marco’s bubble.
“Mm-mmm! So much negativity!”
I decided to kill an impending squabble. “So Cassie. What’s your favorite Disney movie?”
“Oh that’s an easy one,” she said loudly, trying to cover up Rachel’s and Marco’s blossoming argument. “Pocahontas.”
<Even a blind mole could guess that one.>
“Why?” I asked.
Rachel and Marco groaned.
“I liked how she was able to stop both sides from fighting and have them gain respect for one another. I wish I could do that,” she whispered the last part to herself and hugged her knees to her body.
I saw a sneering look on Marco face and a raised eyebrow on Rachel’s. I opened my mouth to stop a moral debate but Cassie beat me to it.
“You think you own what ever land you land on,” she began softly
“The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim.” She extended her arm out to Tobias. He hopped on.
“But I know every rock and tree and creature// has a life, has a spirit, has a name// You think the only people who are people// are the people who look and think like you.”
Cassie turned her gaze to where Ax was peacefully grazing.
“You hit the nail on the head with that one,” I laughed. Marco and Rachel chuckled.
“But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger// you’ll learn things you never knew you never knew,” Cassie finished that line with a smile.
“Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon// or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned// can you sing with all the voices of the mountains// can you paint with all the colors of the wind// can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
<Cassie, apparently you don’t know me well enough, cause I may not know how to sing with all the voices of the mountains, but I can fly beyond the colors of the wind,> snipped Tobias angrily, perching on her head.
All five of us laughed and Cassie continued.
“Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest// come taste the sun-sweet berries of the earth.”
“Sweet from the sun or from poison?” mumbled Rachel. Marco fived her
“Come roll in all the riches all around you// and for once, never wonder what they’re worth// The rainstorm and the river are my brothers// The heron and the otter are friends.”
<Oh, I see, so the heron is your friend all of a sudden but I’m not? Psh! I see where your priorities are, Cass.>
Marco and Rachel burst out laughing, and I buried my face in my hands. Cassie continued.
“And we are all connected to each other// in a circle, in a hoop that never ends// How high can a sycamore grow// if you cut it down, then you’ll never know.”
<Cassie, go osprey. I’ll show you a real sycamore.>
“And you’ll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon// for whether we are white or copper skinned.”
“Cassie, this may come as a shock,” Marco managed to control himself. “But you’re black.” Rachel, Marco and I burst out laughing again.
“We need to sing with all the voices of the mountain// we need to paint with all the colors of the wind.”
<What did I just say?> Tobias angrily shouted at Cassie. <I told you that I can fly beyond the colors of the wind! Weren’t you listening?>
“You can own the Earth and still// all you’ll Earth until// you can paint with all the colors of the wind.”
<This girl’s insane!> Tobias cried out dramatically. <She hasn’t been listening to a word I’ve said and worst of all: she would rather be friends with a heron than me! I’m not dealing you any more, Cassie. Good day!> Tobias snapped. All four of us roared out in peals of laughter. He flew back up to his perch.
Rachel waited for everyone to stop laughing before speaking. “Tobias, what’s your favorite Disney movie?” she, wiping away tears.
<Dumbo,> the hawk answered immediately.
“Why?” snorted Cassie, still giggling from the previous jokes.
<Don’t think you can win me so easily> Tobias huffed. <When I was a kid, I related to Dumbo a lot: the abuse, the negligence, the abandonment.> He began to speak softer. < I always wished I had a mouse and a heckling gang of crow to support me until I gained my own wings. Or at least, until I met my mother again.> his thought speech faded and every bit of laughter subsided from us.
That little elephant and Tobias really did have a lot in common. It’s amazing what a children’s movie can do to a kid.
<I’ve seen a peanut stand// and a rubber band// I’ve seen a needle that winked its eye// But I be done seen ‘bout everythin’ when I see a elephant fly.>For his song, Tobias threw on a black Southern accent.
“Whatch you say, boy?” Rachel said, playing along.
<I said when I see a elephant fly// I’ve seen a front porch swing// heard a diamond ring// I’ve seen a polka-dot railroad tire// but I be done seen ‘bout everythin’ when I see a elephant fly.>
“I finally get the puns in that song,” Cassie stated.
“Hey Tobias,” Rachel cut in.
<What?>
“If you give me Ax, ten minutes, and the Blade Ship, I can guarantee you that you’ll see an elephant fly, Tobias.”
We all laughed at Rachel’s crazy scheme.
“Maybe someday, Rach,” I told her through a grin. Eventually all of ourr laughter subsided.
All five of sat silently, watching the sun set. Ax had long since left, perhaps finding our human conversation to be baffling and confusing.
“Hey guys?” Marco addressed all of us. “What do you think Ax’s favorite Disney movie is?”
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Animorphs and Disney

Post by Tobias_Marco » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 am

<Please don't say that Ax's favoret Disney film is Lilo & Stitch(2002).>

“A few years ago, his mother died in a sailing accident and her body was recovered.”

<Shouldn’t this say “A few years ago, his mother died in a sailing accident and her body was NEVER recovered.” Maybe without it being in all caps?>

<All in all I though this was a very good short story.>
<However it seems to me that it will take a long time to show Ax all the animated Disney movies, so that he can make a choice.>
<Even if they have all the movies on VHS/DVD/BlueRay then it will take an hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours to watch each one.>
<By the way, I know 4 people that between them have every Disney movie you could name.>
<One of them is me.>
<In this story we have:
Sleeping Beauty (1959)
The Little Mermaid (1989)
The Lion King (1994)
Mulan (1998)
The Jungle Book (1967)
Pocahontas (1995)
Dumbo (1941)

Note: Of all of these movies, My wife and I have them all.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20

DARREN
Civilian

Post by DARREN » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:05 am

More plese

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:47 pm

<That was a fun read, but what I want to know is: What is Visser 3's fav Disney movie?>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Wow! People actually commented on this? Uh... thanks?
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:58 pm

We kind of comment on evrything. You get used to it.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/

Sammyxxy
Gedd

Post by Sammyxxy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 am

I love it
continue it please
I haven't read all the Animorphs books
So dont spoil them for me please

SamilinCorrathGahar
Ruler of Everything
Ruler of Everything
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by SamilinCorrathGahar » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:30 pm

<Sometimes we even comment on our comments about somebody else's comments.>
<Yes, it is I, Captain Samilin-Corrath-Gahar of the Andalite ship Ascalin, and ruler of everything .>

Sassy_Cat
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Sassy_Cat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:16 pm

You just broke my brain.
And yes, encore! Encore!
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."
- Ray Bradbury

My amazing blog- http://yasreadyas.blogspot.com/