Megamorphs 6: Survivors of the Kelbrid (Sorry For the Delay)

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Alanfangor
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Megamorphs 6: Survivors of the Kelbrid (Sorry For the De

Post by Alanfangor » Thu May 26, 2011 9:33 pm

animofan wrote:man where can i read the books i,ve finishaed book nos74 and mm6 and i just cant find the other books plz help somebody,anybody.
He didn't write the next book yet.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sat May 28, 2011 11:17 am

75 is still awaiting publication. Since it's part of a trilogy, I want to get enough work done on the next two so that there aren't long delays in publication between them.

DrodeChron is still in progress, though Part II is nearly ready for publication.

das1234
Warrior
Warrior

Post by das1234 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi there,

nothing intelligent to add right now, i just finished reading up to mm6 and since your page doesnt have a pdf, i made one. maybe someone else made one before me, but if not, here it is:
MM6pdf.pdf
i will tell you my thoughts on 72+ once i finished reading mm6.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This isn't drooling, n00b! It's art!

das1234
Warrior
Warrior

Post by das1234 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:45 am

as promised, my collective feedback for the last 4 or 5 books:

SPOILERS

what follows is a textblock of rambling gibberish, have fun.
i like how your series developed. the conflict gets bigger and i like how you can feel the scale increase.
at the beginning i hated the ssriKai, because i thought you wanted to put a new enemy in dangerlevel over the kelbrid because they were too weak. i didnt think they were that weak, so i thought the SsriKai were unnecessary.
although as of mm6, i have to revise that and agree that they are a good addition, although i got confused with their moral alignment, since they trusted ronnie and james immediately.

I didnt really like Carl (sorry john), i thought his character was too positive, too strong and too crammed in. i think i know why, but the fact that he could go 1-on-1 with guraff and live, as well as there's basically multiples of him still alive, made me feel that he was stronger than anyone was supposed to. it may be because im a guraff fanboy but when it is implied that guraff could basically end the whole invasion alone and you have multiples of him running around on the human side, i get that feeling that the humans arent supposed to hate that kind of power. (again its just me, i thought the humans were supposed to be the underdogs and tha animorphs the last defense).
Also it weirds me out how everyone became a weapon fanatic, listing types and whatnot. Maybe i just dont get it because im not american, but it just seems weird to me that they care, because the point of animorphs to me always was that they dont, because they have other ways of doing things.
Next, Cassie. I wont say i saw it coming, but i can say that i had a hunch for...some...reason lol. By now with all that happened i dont think she will be permanently gone, even if she is. i thought she might become kind of the drode for the ellimist, because it really would fit, but that probably wont happen. Ronnie was too quickly adapted for my taste, i didnt know him enough to care, honestly. That thanged in MM6 though.
I liked how you gave all the little characters development with mm6, and told a coherent story throughout, and i'm thrilled to see whats going to happen. However i somehow feel that with all the stuff thats there now, you might have to 'clean up' pretty soon again^^

i'm pretty sure i forgot over 50% of what i wanted to say but whatever.
take care, das out.
This isn't drooling, n00b! It's art!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks for the PDF, das; will be uploading it to Neopedia and this fic soon, there are a few formatting things I plan to do with it first.
das1234 wrote:i like how your series developed. the conflict gets bigger and i like how you can feel the scale increase.
One of the things I've always felt about the Aniverse is that we always got glimpses of a much bigger and more complicated universe. We saw bits and pieces of it in the original series, and that made me want to explore more. Escalation is a load of fun; I'll try not to get carried away.
das1234 wrote:i have to revise that and agree that they are a good addition, although i got confused with their moral alignment, since they trusted ronnie and james immediately.
I'm glad you like them now. It wasn't so much that I wanted to overshadow the Kelbrid so much as the fact that I wanted to throw a new threat into the mix, something the Animorphs will have to keep looking over their shoulders for. As for the Ssri'Kai themselves, I guess that after you take the biggest beating the Kelbrid can hand out and come up standing, you get pretty confident. It was a bit different with Jeanne and Melissa, with Ssri being a holy place to them and all.
das1234 wrote:i get that feeling that the humans arent supposed to hate that kind of power. (again its just me, i thought the humans were supposed to be the underdogs and tha animorphs the last defense).
I'd say yes and no on the underdog thing. Certainly they're not one of the big galactic superpowers yet. But they're steadily making their way towards it. That said, the man theatre is still on Earth, and it's still Animorphs vs. Yeerks there.
das1234 wrote:Ronnie was too quickly adapted for my taste, i didnt know him enough to care, honestly. That thanged in MM6 though.
Glad you're warming up to Ronnie. You can probably expect a book from his POV sometime between now and book 80.
das1234 wrote:I liked how you gave all the little characters development with mm6, and told a coherent story throughout, and i'm thrilled to see whats going to happen.
Telling a good story is always at the top of my "to do" list, so I'm glad I succeeded there. Developing the characters is a close 2nd, and I was very glad to give those characters some time to shine when they wouldn't be overshadowed by the ones we've all known forever.

Thanks for the feedback. As for what's going to happen next... :twisted:

loosonghan
Warrior
Warrior

Post by loosonghan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:45 am

Where is sponge bob home? The Pineapple?
When life throws you lemons...
Keep them, cause they are free

A journey of a thousand miles begin with a step...
On a gas pedal.

He who laugh last...
Is the slowest!