Megamorphs 6: Survivors of the Kelbrid (Sorry For the Delay)

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Re: Megamorphs 6: Survivors of the Kelbrid (Sorry For the De

Post by TF. » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Finally, and it was worth the wait! But what is going on with them? Now I just want more.
Image Image Image Image

Alanfangor
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Alanfangor » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Ironically reading this only makes me want more so try not to take too long this time.

danpfeiffer
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by danpfeiffer » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the conspiracy is really being pulled by Caysath, and Tobias is involved to some degree. On second thought, what if Tobias and Rachel's honeymoon was interrupted by getting Yeerked?

TwistyWristy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by TwistyWristy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:47 am

Excellent job as always capnnerefir!

TwistyWristy
I googled, I lurked, I joined...

War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor

Post by War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:47 am

Has capn been reading my mind? I won't say any more, as it would ruin my forthcoming story. Or maybe I just did. Oh well. Nice job, please post the rest soon!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:36 pm

nomadsland wrote:Yay! The much-anticipated update! And, as usual, you end it with a cliff hanger. Loved it, and I eagerly look forward to the next installment. I am especially curious about whatever is going on with Tobias and Rachel.
Glad you enjoyed it. Hmm...what is going on with them? And who else is involved? What are the implications? Was this cheese melty enough? So many questions!
danpfeiffer wrote:On second thought, what if Tobias and Rachel's honeymoon was interrupted by getting Yeerked?
Who's to say what they were doing while everyone else was busy? Well, I certainly won't, but I will say that I tried out the "Rachel, Tobias, and Friends Might Be Controllers" plot idea before briefly (The questions were raised after Jake's resurrection and resolved in MM5), do if I do decide to head back to that, there won't be any question about it. I don't like reusing old plot ideas, even if I can improve upon them.
TwistyWristy wrote:Excellent job as always capnnerefir!
Thank you.
War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fango wrote:Has capn been reading my mind?
Probably safer that than the other way around.

BeyondtheEllimist
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BeyondtheEllimist » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Dear Cap(Yes, I capitalized it. Because I'm pissed.),
I very nearly stopped reading after the first chapter of the update. Because you are an evil SOB. You can't just throw us a frickin' curveball like that and expect us to be happy about the fact that you updated. You are going to give us the full story on what the heck you think you're doing with this story right now, out of the story, or I am going to find a way to hack a mod's account and lock this thread and all your others, if not delete them entirely, as a form of boycotting and protesting.
You can't just screw with us like that, you know. We aren't cats that are chasing after your laser-pointer dot. You can't just introduce a whole new plot at the freakin' end of the freakin' story like this.
Cap, to sum this up, I am choosing the 'go to hell' option of your 'enjoy or go to hell' spiel, and I highly recommend you do the same if you're going to just mess with your readers like this.

*EDIT*: I would like to apologize for my overreaction. I've been under a lot of stress as of late and a few small details I didn't like in a story that I enjoy very much were the unfortunate target of the release of that stress. It was splendidly done and brilliantly written.
There is much that is beyond the Ellimist . . . he just won't admit it.
Check out my fanfic series, Novamorphs. It has the Animorphs' children fighting a second Yeerk invasion. First book: The Infestation.Second book: The Search.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:26 pm

BeyondtheEllimist wrote:You can't just throw us a frickin' curveball like that and expect us to be happy about the fact that you updated. ... You can't just introduce a whole new plot at the freakin' end of the freakin' story like this.
Normally, I'd be against just throwing in a new plot element at the very end of a story - doesn't allow enough time for adequate resolution. However, this new plot element is one that will carry far beyond this story - just as the plot elements from MM5 (like the Yeerks freeing their planet and starting a new war) carry far beyond that story. This is the seed of something that will be growing for a long time, sometimes in the shade, sometimes in the light.
John3Sobieski wrote:'Twas beautiful capn. Can't wait for more.
Thank you.

BeyondtheEllimist
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BeyondtheEllimist » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:35 pm

So you admit that Tobias and Rachel have been Yeerked. After all, a conspiracy among Caysath and the rest of the the Andalites that includes Tobias wouldn't have too many implications beyond the election, would it? The only thing I can think of is that Tobias and Rachel got Yeerked, possibly by renegade Yeerks.
There is much that is beyond the Ellimist . . . he just won't admit it.
Check out my fanfic series, Novamorphs. It has the Animorphs' children fighting a second Yeerk invasion. First book: The Infestation.Second book: The Search.

War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor

Post by War-Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:17 pm

"Christmas" is almost over. You have not posted the remains of your story. This is not to my liking, but I will deal with it anyway. However, I am finding the idea of them getting yeerked a little hard to believe, and the elements of this most recent installment are forcing me to make a few considerations in the "short story" I am nearly ready to post. Obviously that is not your fault, I just need to be a little more careful with my story so it doesn't go way off of yours. Please post the rest soon.