Animorphs #74: The Union (Hey look! Iskoort! WTF?)

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Re: Animorphs #74: The Union (Hey look! Iskoort! WTF?)

Post by Blu » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 am

i think we all owe you a beer for keeping us entertained :) perhaps ill send you some fine Cornish ale from St Austell brewery

keep it up :D

Beckyno1
Hork-Bajir seer
Hork-Bajir seer
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Beckyno1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 pm

God, I've been so inactive! Ooops!

That was brill! I've been waiting for them to get married for ages. I love how you made it Jewish and Andalite. They shook hands!? The world is mad...but this is animorp-h world, so it's been that for a while. :D Can't wait for MM6! You should have an MM at the end of each season, you know, as a finale.
Inactivness has hit me! Oh no! If you want to remind me to come on, just PM me!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:29 pm

John3Sobieski wrote:You worked the idea of Marco falling asleep very well. I liked that fight.
I'm glad you approve. I knew it was a golden idea when you first suggested Marco falling asleep in morph and I just knew I had to find a way to use it somehow. A Kelbrid vs. Kelbrid fight seemed like a pretty good way of taking an already great idea to the next level.
John3Sobieski wrote:Naturally, I have to say that it was a bit of a let down to have no real big fight between the good guys and bad guys at the end, but I'm not going to worry about that too much. Though I'm one for cool fights, a truly great writer like you doesn't have to use tons of violence and sex in order to get the readers attention. It was well written, and an enjoyable read.
First, thanks. I'm glad you found it an enjoyable read. I wanted a nice, big throwdown at the end of this, I really did. A huge, epic battle is a nice way to end this season of Neomorphs. But I decided against doing that for a few reasons, the biggest of which was that as much fun as that would be to read and write, that wasn't the tone I decided I wanted to end on. This was one of my rare stories of life and happiness. The Iskoort escaped unharmed, Marco got his mind back, and Tobias and Rachel got married. While I'd love to write a sunset over a corpse-laden battlefield, in the end that just wasn't what I wanted here. I know you're, to use your own words "a Taxxon for action", and I'm glad you found this satisfying in its own way. I can promise you plenty of action to make up for it in MM6.
John3Sobieski wrote:The fight at the beginning though was pretty cool. You should have had Jake doing the Mockareana or whatever its called while he was a monkey.
I would have loved to go into more detail about that, and in the original draft I did, but this book ended up having to have a few things slashed out and unfortunately, details about Jake's monkey business (you know I had to say it) weren't vital enough to make it in.
John3Sobieski wrote:I'm glad that I gave you a tool in Carl to use. I'll admit, the fact that he's still kind of a player in the whole deal is flattering. I appreciate it.
I have to admit that I didn't think Carl would have too much of a lasting influence on the series, but when I really thought about it, the idea was just too compelling to resist. I realized a whole host of things that the incident with Carl could lead to - friction with Tri-I, conflict between the Animorphs, various legal complications, and even someone out for revenge. All are interesting roads, and all are ones that I'd love to go down. You gave me an incredibly useful tool in Carl, and even though he has passed on, I can see many ways in which he will continue to impact the series.
John3Sobieski wrote:Looking forward to MM6. Expecting to see even more good material there.
I promise to deliver you some top-grade material. Among other things, this is going to be the first book in which we get some narration from Mel and Ronnie, which is a real treat for me to write. It isn't very often I get to get inside the head of a new character, so getting two in one go is a metaphoric Christmas morning for me.

It's always a pleasure to get your reviews, John. And I can't wait for your own stories.

aximili
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by aximili » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 am

O.O this stuff is awesome capn, i feel like not doing anything but re-reading these books...
whaaa i almost missed school reading this T_T

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:15 am

Glad you enjoyed it, aximili. I've recently been it with an urge to re-read the books myself, both mine and the original ones. I think I'll probably go on quite the binge some time soon - maybe when I'm done with MM6.

Beckyno1
Hork-Bajir seer
Hork-Bajir seer

Post by Beckyno1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 pm

When's MM6 coming?
Inactivness has hit me! Oh no! If you want to remind me to come on, just PM me!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Good question. Here's how things stand.
I wrote about 3/4ths of it. Then I started getting hit with a WHOLE BUNCH of FANTASTIC ideas. Because of plans I had for Neomorphs, I had two options: 1.) Wait five or six books, at which point I'd have time to do these ideas, or A.) Find some way to get them into MM6. I decided that option A was best, so I started completely re-writing it.

Then a whole lot of s*** happened to me. Got evicted from my apartment, kicked out of my girlfriend's house, and mailed back to my mother's house a couple hundred miles away. I've been trying to find a job, and making plans to move back to whee I was previously, and that sort of thing takes a lot of time. Additionally, I have to share the computer with the rest of the family.

On top of THAT, I got a WHOLE BUNCH OF INSPIRATION and actually (*gasp*) resumed work on the DrodeChronicles, which also takes some time. I've also been re-reading bits of the original series to try and fill in some gaps, some of which are for my own series, many of which are to help John3Sobieski in producing WotYS, and some of which are bits and pieces for PrinceKheldar's Aftermorphs.

And of course, I spend a lot of time on the phone with Gina these days, which is even better than writing.

However, I've still gotten a bit of writing done, and am finished with the first 3rd of the story. I'm considering letting you have some of it very soon, but it depends o how much more I can get done and if I can get on a good schedule.

danpfeiffer
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by danpfeiffer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:35 pm

post it! lol

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm not going to post it just yet, but here are some things you'll see in there.
Spoiler:
[list][*]The Nartec [*]The Pemalite sip [*]Narration by Mel [*]Narration by Ronnie [*]James flipping s*** on someone [*]And (super spoiler) [spoiler2]the fate of David's parents[/spoiler2].[/list]

Alanfangor
Aristh
Aristh

Post by Alanfangor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 am

HOLY S***!!!
Spoiler:
I knew you were going to reveal what happened to David's Parents some time but never in the Drode Chronicles!! WOAH UNEXPECTED!
can't wait