bindaaskshitij's corner - Animorphs #55 - The War

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: bindaaskshitij's corner - Animorphs #55 - The War

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:24 pm

I wasn't even aware you read my work. Thanks! Jonh3Sobieski seems to have some ability and a drive for it. I can't wait until his stuff is up.

I'm surprised you saw me before, though. Well, I definitely know of you.

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by bindaaskshitij » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:31 pm

i did read your work...but only last week..i was missing when u actually wrote it...planning to look into other works too...get some ideas for mine...:)

but its good to see that we have responsible mods for a change...:)
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:39 pm

bindaaskshitij wrote:but its good to see that we have responsible mods for a change...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Uh...unless you're talking about the other three guys. Go ahead and ask any other member who the responsible people on this forum are and I guarantee you my name will be at the very bottom of the list.

We've all got our roles. Soumik is the guy we turn to when things are going badly or we need some sort of highly technical work done. darkflame is the guy we turn to when we need something minor done that we don't need to bother Ellimist with; or when we want to talk about KOL and the Guide. Snoopy's the one we turn to when we need something done in the Western hemisphere or might actually count to 20; and when we want a good argument.

Me? I'm just a weirdo who listens to too much Streetlight Manifesto (if there is such a thing), doesn't sleep, and make all the females here very uncomfortable ;) ladies ;) Oh, and I'm also the comedy, run facts, word-of-the-day, and general weirdness guy. And I suppose I did write, literally, half of the fan fiction here.
Did you hear the word responsible anywhere in that description? :D

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator

Post by bindaaskshitij » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:44 pm

lol by my standards...thats like way cool...:P :lol:
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:46 pm

You, my friend, have wonderful standards of responsibility.

Hey, Zophar! This guy think's I'm responsible. So take that, Addler and your stupid Birth Order!

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator

Post by bindaaskshitij » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:50 pm

rofl..lol

well...i like this joker kid...its my responsibility to crack such sad jokes..that people actually have to laugh at my ability to come up with such sad jokes...

im like a nerd who reads books at jet speed....and i have weird interests..

so well...u got me there...

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:53 pm

Many of my jokes aren't jokes at all. They're stories about my shattered childhood that strike me as funny, but that people with souls find tragic.

Me? I had my soul removed to make room for more hair and skawesomeness.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Yay, you're back. Does that mean we get more of this masterpeice?
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator

Post by bindaaskshitij » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:43 pm

yes you do my dear friend....

and thanks for calling it a masterpiece..:)

just need to find some bloody time off work to start writing again

bindaaskshitij
Donator
Donator

Post by bindaaskshitij » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:29 am

Ok….Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls….I was away for a looooooooooooong time. You could probably add another 200 o’s to the loooooong and still not do it any justice. But well, better late than never! People still remembered me, even though it may have been because of my story. But if a story makes people come together I think I am doing some good in this world. Ok enough with all the speeches and stuff, lets proceed.
We left it at Chapter 6. So well…I may have lost some of that writing flair…..dont blame me if you don’t like it….Or as capn puts it very aptly….Enjoy it or go to hell..!!

Chapter 7 – Cassie

We had saved the Earth. We had won it back from the Yeerks. People expected me to be all happy for it. In a way, I was happy. I was happy that the Earth was safe, back in the hands of the humans. We had won it back. And now it was our responsibility to tend to its scars and wounds and make things right.

But were my feelings justified? Did I do what had to be done? Yes, maybe what I did was right. Otherwise there wouldn’t be any difference between humans and the destroyers of worlds, the Yeerks. Of late though, I have been having dreams. Weird dreams. Dreams in which I am looking through the eyes of someone else, waiting on some distant planet. Waiting for a sign. Looking towards a mist.
Till today my dreams had always broken up at this point. I yearned to know what they were trying to tell me. I went to bed after a long and tiresome day. “Yippee! Let’s go hug some trees”, Marco would have said.” A lost cause”, Rachel would have said. Jake wouldn’t have said anything probably. My thoughts went to them perennially. I still loved him. And he still loved me deep within. But he also hated me for what I had done.

The last thing I remember before I fell asleep was that my window was open and a warm breeze was blowing through.

The scene played itself out like any other day. The dream was now like a routine. Stars, distant suns, asteroids charting their way across multicolored galaxies with brightly colored tails and suddenly the focus was on a particular part of space. The roiling mist. It almost seemed alive. And then somehow, like it was in the games Marco and Jake played so often, the view twisted and turned and suddenly I was staring at an all too familiar sight. It was the Animorphs. More precisely, it was Jake Marco and Tobias with 3 other people. They were all looking stunned, possibly in surprise. All eyes in that small cabin of the spaceship were on Jake. He was still wearing the charm I had given him on the day of our parting.

This couldn’t be true. This wasn’t happening. How could I see them. I wasn’t a seer. But I wished I was there with them. Suddenly I was feeling cold. There was a perceptible shiver down my spine as my eyes flew open and discerned a weird shape concealed in the shadows in the corner of the room.

SO YOU WANT TO BE WITH THEM? Said a voice without any sound.

Chapter 8 – Jeanne.

From what I could make of the situation, everyone was stunned. The news the once all-powerful Visser One had delivered seemed to go through Jake like a hot knife through butter. Even Marco was at a loss for words.
It was Tobias who broke the silence.

<Come what may, we need to free Ax, Jake>, he said.

“Yeah, I know”, was all Jake could muster at the moment.

I looked at Santorelli and his impassive face and we both shared a look of sympathy for Jake. So young, yet he had seen so much bloodshed. He was unarguably one of the best when it came to war tactics in this room. The Animorphs under him had waged war against an entire alien empire and still lived to tell the tale. Not that anyone needed to know the tale. He was a hero back on Earth. His prowess was such that even the Andalite home world knew about his deeds. The entire war against the Yeerks had somehow changed him from within. When we first looked at him, he looked like a normal teenager boy, but when someone had been with him for a while, they would realize the responsibility he shouldered. Jake had turned into a leader. A someone who commanded great respect, be it from humans, Andalites or even Yeerks.

“Here’s what we should do. Go in all guns blazing…You know like Arnie or Sly or something. Kick some Kelbrid butt and beat the crap out THE ONE. Man seriously he needs a publicity boost. Who in their right mind would call themselves THE ONE.”

“Neo in The Matrix series did” I said.

“Well, yeah that was different” replied Marco giving me a dirty look.

“So we go in, kick THE ONEs’ butt and free our resident Andalite friend, Ax.

<Didn’t you listen to anything to what Alloran said>, asked Tobias.

“Now see here Mister. Why bother about Ax losing his mind. He is outta control anyway” said Marco.
His weak attempt at a joke didn’t garner much attention and he fell silent again. There was complete silence and for once the feeling of not being able to see Earth was overpowering and our wills had submitted to the despair.

** To Be Continued **

More to come….and this time I will write……don’t worry….i think I haven’t made much progress in this part of the book…..that is coz I was writing this at my office…and I need to run home now….so I shall continue tomorrow morning again….

Ciao till then....