Animorphs #73: The Defender (Tri-I, Apostates, and VVP)

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Animorphs #73: The Defender (Tri-I, Apostates, and VVP)

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:45 am

Spoiler:
I planned to kill her for a while - I thought there was so much more I could do with Ronnie, but in order to do that, Cassie needed to go away. I didn't exactly plan on doing it in this book, but I was always open to the possibility. When it started to look like things were getting bad for her, I realized that this was the appropriate time to do it.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 am

Finally got around to reading this, and I glad I did.

I typically like to have all the "good guys" alive in the end and all the "bad guys" dead, however I do thing removing Cassie was a interesting choice and the way it will develop Ronnie as a character. Despite what Tobias thinks he and Ronnie are more alike then they realize, and Ronnie taking down Gurraff will be an amazing part of the Neomorphs series.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:19 am

Elfangor wrote:Finally got around to reading this, and I glad I did.
I'm glad you did, too.
Elfangor wrote:I typically like to have all the "good guys" alive in the end and all the "bad guys" dead, however I do thing removing Cassie was a interesting choice and the way it will develop Ronnie as a character. Despite what Tobias thinks he and Ronnie are more alike then they realize, and Ronnie taking down Gurraff will be an amazing part of the Neomorphs series.
I'm really looking forward to developing Ronnie's character more. There's a lot of automatic hate for him, and I'm going to have a tough time overcoming that - I look forward to the challenge.

One more thing about Ronnie (You might not want to know this - it certainly disturbed me when I found out).
Spoiler:
So, turns out that Ronnie is six years older than Cassie. Which wouldn't be too creepy if they were older, but at the time of the end of book 54, when we're introduced to him, she's 18. At that point, a six-year gap is kind of creep. Especially when you consider that she would have been underage when they met...A 22 year old man and a 16 year old girl is...well...I think that qualifies Ronnie as a sexual predator.
You were warned. Weird, the things hidden in this series.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:24 pm

That is ever so creepy O_o

Last night (after reading this) I read #4 from the cannon series, when I noticed two interesting things that as far as I know weren't further developed/done again in cannon/fanfiction, these two things are;

Dual Morphing:
But he did not look normal. He was of medium height, a perfect balance between Rachel and
Marco. He was of medium build, somewhere between Jake and Marco. His hair was brown,
with just a little of Rachel's gold and a little of my curl. His skin was the color of light brown
sugar, a blending of my brown and Marco's olive, and Jake and Rachel's pale white.
So Ax morphed 4 "animals" at once, why did no one else in the series do this? Cassie for one is a lot better at morphing then Ax, and the closest she came to do something like this was in #39 when she morphed whale (with he wings still attached) and dropped onto a Helicopter.

Animorphs Backup:
<There are only three races left in all the known galaxy that still fight the Yeerks,> Ax said
proudly.

So who are these other two races? And why were they not mentioned again. Oh and if your wondering, any race that is becoming slaves of the Yeerks aren't fighting the Yeerks, to fall under the category of fighting them they race must be actively seeking them out to destroy them, while not being infested. So Who are the others?

I personally would love to see these two things developed into Neomorphs, It would add a lot of cool new things that they can do.
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:06 am

Elfangor wrote:So Ax morphed 4 "animals" at once, why did no one else in the series do this? Cassie for one is a lot better at morphing then Ax, and the closest she came to do something like this was in #39 when she morphed whale (with he wings still attached) and dropped onto a Helicopter.
Well, Elfangor did it in the Andalite Chronicles. My guess would be that it's something that takes special training, and can only be used with very similar creatures (i.e. combining different humans).

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:12 pm

capnnerefir wrote:Well, Elfangor did it in the Andalite Chronicles. My guess would be that it's something that takes special training, and can only be used with very similar creatures (i.e. combining different humans).
Hmmm, So No Chimeras :( Well that truly is a pity. :?
You all have guns
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Elfangor wrote:So who are these other two races? And why were they not mentioned again. Oh and if your wondering, any race that is becoming slaves of the Yeerks aren't fighting the Yeerks, to fall under the category of fighting them they race must be actively seeking them out to destroy them, while not being infested. So Who are the others?
Forgot about this part.

In Neomorphs, one of those other two races was the Anati. I don't recall if I ever specified who the third one was, but I believe John3Sobieski will be clarifying and developing that when he can get back to work on WotYS.

Prod
Civilian

Post by Prod » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:27 am

Came up with two theories for the multi morphing.

#1: I think Ax calls it an actual technique while "making" his human morph. We know that DNA is stored in "bubbles" within the blood stream, but it was never specified if it was specific individual's DNA in each bubble, or a general species bubble. If it is specific individuals in each bubble, then the technique probably involves aquiring only a little bit of DNA at a time, in a short time interval, making one complete DNA sequence.

However this suggests that the DNA sequence is just for the individual morph, and the morpher cannot choose to morph any individual that they aquired without re-aquiring. This theory is supported by Ax re-aquiring Jake when Jake was infested. I'm not too sure on this, but I'm pretty sure Ax aquired Jake then Yeerk-Jake freaked out, cementing the fact he's infested.

But with Elfangor, he aquired his human morph over several drawn out periods of time. This supports my other theory, that within these species bubbles, lies sub-species bubbles. ie., if you aquire Jake, Marco, Rachel and Melissa, their DNA will be stored inside the Human bubble, and 4 separate bubbles for each individual. The morpher can choose to morph elements of all 4, or an individual. The DNA information is drawn from either the whole Human bubble, or one of the four sub-bubbles.

The example with Ax above disproves theory number 2, but at the same time, the example with Elfangor disproves theory number 1.

That leaves theory number 3:

If you aquire only a little DNA, it's an incomplete sequence. You cannot morph an incomplete DNA sequence, and it remains incomplete until you add more information. So, Ax aquires a little bit of Jake, Cassie, Rachel and Marco within a short space of time, making a complete DNA sequence, allowing him to immediately morph into his new human form.

Elfangor encountered his "doners" over a period of time, until his sequence was complete.

I could've posted only theory 3, but I worked it out as I wrote this, so I think you should see how I got here.

If this theory makes any sort of sense to anyone else, then it must follow that the amount of contact time between the donor and aquirer matters, which is probably why the sedation was built into the technology.

Off Topic:
Who came up with the two hour time limit? Why two hours? If it wasn't designed, how did they discover that two hours is the limit? If it was designed, why include a limit at all?

TerminatorTX
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by TerminatorTX » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:17 am

G'day. Maybe if the author checks out this post again.
I try to write this sort of stuff, (well write stories anyway) How I do it is that no one is safe. the main character? Expendable. For you maybe have the leaders turn into nothlits or whatever you are presently calling them.
Just try and lull the reader into a false sense of security and him them with that. Loved doing it when I wrote for my classes

Prod
Civilian

Post by Prod » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:00 am

I very much doubt the author will trap Tobias again, considering what he's been through.