The Writer's Block

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
fdragon010
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole and south of the North Pole

Re: The Writer's Block

Post by fdragon010 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:56 am

Dr Sario wrote:
fdragon010 wrote:
Dr Sario wrote:I'm planning on writing a HP crossover with Animorphs... You can just imagine the commotion caused by Ax alone...
Snape: Potter, what did you do to that poor centaur?
Harry: Nothing, it just appeared there!
Snape: Stop lying.
McGonagall rushes over
McGonagall: What has happened to that poor centaur?
Snape: Harry used illegal mag-
Ax: I'm not a centaur, I'm an Andalite!
Snape: -ic to transform that poor centaur into a blue...thing.
Harry: I didn't!
Hermione: It's cute.
McGonagall: Well, anyway, I'll transform it back into its natural body.
Ax runs off at top speed, McGonagall chasing him
Snape: Points at Anis So what are those, Potter? More "friends"? They aren't obeying the dress code-
Hermione: I have absolutely no idea who they are or where they come from. Gets out want and points it at Rachel
Rachel: So, what is this, dress-wearing-stick-waving-guys-and-gals international?
Hermione: Stand back!
Ron: Is that rule-breaker mad?
Rachel: Okay. Fine. You want madness? You got madness. morphs into bear
HP cast gives a collective scream.

~

I wrote that in 5 minutes. Oh yeah, and don't expect anything of that soon, it's right after continuing my fanfic, making the seperate fanfics with Luna, and a loosely Ani-related dystopia novella.
Though your way of writing the HP cast is a bit...stilted I still found it funny.

Request: can Rachel eat Umbridge? Please, oh pretty please...

However, when it comes to HP crossovers my favorite kind or the ones where Harry is raised with a different family, mainly because that elimates the Dursleys and usually makes for a Potter that does not blindly follow Dumbledore like a dope.

See, what I would do for HP/Animorph crossover would be something like that...but...aw nevermind. None of you would be intersted in that sort of thing. Not enough HP bashing in my fics.
Yeah, my current plans areTobias killing Harry (hey, it was Harry's fault for having his wand the wrong way round whilst using Avada Kedavra), Cassie asking Snape's autograph, a huge hassle with the Visser arriving and all that (Hogwarts is replaced by a huge hole) and yours fits in perfectly.
Spoiler:
"and yours fits in [i]perfectly[/i]?"
wtf is that supposed to mean? Look, I know I am not excatly Milton over here but just becuase I write about Harry Potter and Pokemon does not mean I am bad at it!

(sacasm approaching) OOO, but since I like the evil, evil Harry Potter that MUST make me bad, right? No one who likes Harry Potter can POSSIBLY be any good, right?

Gah.

Edit: Ah, oops, now I see what you meant. Sorry about that. Consider the above proof that sleep deprivation is bad.
Image Dracula: Because real vampires do not sparkle...unless you want me to laugh at them.

Luna May
GPC Tamer
GPC Tamer
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Luna May » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:30 pm

And back to topic!
Should I do it? Yes, but slooooowly. Stretch it. Allow it to develop throughuot a few books.
Should I make it 'canon' with my other fics? Yeah, why not? It'll be a challenge, but it'll also turn out really cool. Besides, finding the way to evade the obstacles is half the fun.
How to pull this one off? Um... I haven't read all of your fics yet ( :oops: ), but from what I've gathered, Toby must hate Guraff's guts, and vice-versa. I think that maybe, for some reason, they were forced to cooperate, and naturally they despise each second of it. However, it gives them the oportunity to express their mutual hatred freely by either throwing insults at each other or trying to make the other look like a loser. At any rate, that can get them thinking about each other.
If this doesn't seem like a good idea, you could always pull a soap-opera move and make them related. =P
Another thing that occured to me (as much as I dislike the whole concept of it) is an upper force interfering. Ellimist, Crayak, Drode, anyone else, take your pick. I wouldn't object to seeing some new all-powerfull being; the last three seem overused. Let this guy (gall? I'd like to see some all-powerfull female representation) whisk them into another time, another place, another life, whatever.
...Then again, thinking of the whole time-warp issue reminded me of fortune tellers and Chinese astrology, which gave me an idea. You can always force them to get together bbecause of some mystic BS, or No, wait a sec! What if another Yeerk 'steals' Guraff's host? ...Or if Toby is infested? Or both?!
This could take a whole fic: a Yeerk trying to steal Guraff's host... and helping Guraff build his reputation. ;)
Should Guraff be for or against it or not involved at all (somehow that I'd have to figure out later)? What could his motives be? That's what we need to figure out. Intelectually, he wouldn't want anything to do with her (other than wiping her off the map, that is). On a more instinctive note, I think his host might be attracted to her, or some strange link between seers is forged between them on a physical level. If you've ever read Twilight, I picture it a bit like the werewolve's imprinting. If there's only one seer in every generation (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure about that), then there may be something that makes them feel 'right' together. I'm not big on spiritual stuff, so maybe some evolutionic effort of preserving on spreading the seer mutation? It would be beneficial to the Hork-Bajir as a species if they were smarter. And hey, another nice twist would be them feeling all soft and uncharactesristically tender towards each other when within eye contact, but having a clear brain (well, as clear as Guraff's brain will ever be, but you know what I mean...) as soon as they're out of vision range. It'll be confusing, frustrating and highly amusing.

I've been riding on a train of thought, so I really don't know what I've been typing, or wether or not it makes a tiny bit of sense. My eyes are too busy burning from the screen's radiation that's frying them alive. (Pun will probably go unnoticed to all unaware of the fact that in Hebrew the litteral meaning of 'fried egg' is 'eye egg'.)
I got my own hint. I've gotta go get some sleep. I've been typing for, what, twenty minutes? Okay, goodnight all. I'll be back in the morning to edit the crap I've probably written here. Chau all *waves and yawns*

Avv © Culpeo-Fox

*hi fives Blu*

Isn't quite sure how I feel about anything at the moment.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:04 am

Luna May wrote:And back to topic!
Should I do it? Yes, but slooooowly. Stretch it. Allow it to develop throughuot a few books.
Yeah; if I do it, I intend to do it over a period of time (after all, Marco and Jeanne didn't hook up until book 63).
Luna May wrote:Should I make it 'canon' with my other fics? Yeah, why not? It'll be a challenge, but it'll also turn out really cool. Besides, finding the way to evade the obstacles is half the fun.
A good point. And it'd be nice to have a reason to bring Toby back into the mix.
Luna May wrote:How to pull this one off? Um... I haven't read all of your fics yet ( :oops: ), but from what I've gathered, Toby must hate Guraff's guts, and vice-versa. I think that maybe, for some reason, they were forced to cooperate, and naturally they despise each second of it. However, it gives them the oportunity to express their mutual hatred freely by either throwing insults at each other or trying to make the other look like a loser. At any rate, that can get them thinking about each other.
I'm actually not so sure Toby and Guraff would have problems with each other. It seems to me that Guraff would respect Toby. I'm not sure how she'd feel about him. Maybe the fact that Tobias holds Guraff in such high regard would influence her opinion, if she knew about the two of them. Although I think either way, she'd detest Seer and consider him a traitor, so your thoughts may still be valid.
Luna May wrote:Another thing that occured to me (as much as I dislike the whole concept of it) is an upper force interfering. Ellimist, Crayak, Drode, anyone else, take your pick. I wouldn't object to seeing some new all-powerfull being; the last three seem overused. Let this guy (gall? I'd like to see some all-powerfull female representation) whisk them into another time, another place, another life, whatever.
...Then again, thinking of the whole time-warp issue reminded me of fortune tellers and Chinese astrology, which gave me an idea. You can always force them to get together bbecause of some mystic BS, or
Hmm...I'm pretty sure not even the Drode cares enough to meddle in their love lives... Although it's conceivable that one of the higher powers would attempt something like this in an effort to make Guraff weaker and HOLY s***! *is struck by lightning*

What if the Alphamorphs tried to set them up? Use Toby to cause a rift between Guraff and Seer... Sure, Guraff is loyal to the Yeerks, but Seer might be turnable... It'd be classic Wang Yun.... Oooh...I'm all tingly now. And it reminds me of a poem I read in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms:

"Just introduce a woman,
Conspiracies succeed;
Of soldiers, or their weapons,
There really is no need.
They fought their bloody battles,
And doughty deeds were done;
But in a garden summer house
The victory was won."
Luna May wrote:Should Guraff be for or against it or not involved at all (somehow that I'd have to figure out later)? What could his motives be? That's what we need to figure out. Intelectually, he wouldn't want anything to do with her (other than wiping her off the map, that is). On a more instinctive note, I think his host might be attracted to her, or some strange link between seers is forged between them on a physical level. If you've ever read Twilight, I picture it a bit like the werewolve's imprinting. If there's only on seer in every generation (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure about that), then there may be something that makes them feel 'right' together. I'm not bit on spiritual stuff, so maybe some evolutionic effort of preserving on spreading the seer mutation? It would be beneficial to the Hork-Bajir as a species if they were smarter. And hey, another nice twist would be them feeling all soft and uncharactesristically tender towards each other when within eye contact, but having a clear brain (well, as clear as Guraff's brain will ever be, but you know what I mean...) as soon as they're out of vision range. It'll be confusing, frustrationg and highly amusing.
I figure there could be a much simpler reason for Seer liking Toby: she's HOTT (by Hork-bajir standards, of course). Never overestimate the male mind, Luna; we're quite simple.

Blu
Rampant Drunk
Rampant Drunk

Post by Blu » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:09 am

maybe after seeing Toby, Seer falls in love and it causes an arguement between him and Guraff, maybe Seer tries to escape or something like that

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:37 pm

BluJugganaut wrote:maybe after seeing Toby, Seer falls in love and it causes an arguement between him and Guraff, maybe Seer tries to escape or something like that
I think they should fall in love, but Guraff (The Yeerk) cant allow it because that would be a breach of loyalty with the Visser, but when the war is nearing to a close Guraff (The Yeerk) dies which means the seer can be with Toby.
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

fdragon010
Warrior
Warrior
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole and south of the North Pole

Post by fdragon010 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:14 am

I'm actually not so sure Toby and Guraff would have problems with each other. It seems to me that Guraff would respect Toby. I'm not sure how she'd feel about him. Maybe the fact that Tobias holds Guraff in such high regard would influence her opinion, if she knew about the two of them. Although I think either way, she'd detest Seer and consider him a traitor, so your thoughts may still be valid.
Definatly agree on this point. Since Toby comes from the "free or dead" socity of Horks then she probably would hold a vol. Controller in low regard. Kinda like how Rachel held vol. Controllers in low regard in the series. I don't remember which book, but she did write something to that effect.

Although, since Toby is a very smart Hork she might be willing to listen to the seer...ya know before the lovely slicing and dicing.
Image Dracula: Because real vampires do not sparkle...unless you want me to laugh at them.

Beckyno1
Hork-Bajir seer
Hork-Bajir seer

Post by Beckyno1 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:32 am

Sounds cool. Toby and Guraff would make such a cute couple! In a very strange way...
Inactivness has hit me! Oh no! If you want to remind me to come on, just PM me!

Diana moon goddess
War-Prince
War-Prince
Location: somewhere on a planet called earth with lots of freshwater, mountains, trees and constant rain

Post by Diana moon goddess » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:44 pm

isn't guraff's host supposed to be very old?

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 pm

Not very old, no. He only had the host for a few years (not that you have any way of knowing that.) He got his host about halfway through the first invasion of Earth. Seer (which is what I call his host, though again I doubt you know that) isn't too old for a Hork-bajir, although he is fully grown. And, true, he is probably about twice Toby's age... But that might not matter in Hork-bajir culture.

Sceptly
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Sceptly » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Elfangor wrote:
I think they should fall in love, but Guraff (The Yeerk) cant allow it because that would be a breach of loyalty with the Visser, but when the war is nearing to a close Guraff (The Yeerk) dies which means the seer can be with Toby.
I agree except maybe guraff becomes weaker to fight of seer's love for her and suppress his will.
*High-Fives Blu*