Animorphs StarGate Crossover

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
wgates
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Animorphs StarGate Crossover

Post by wgates » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:40 pm

Just as a fun exercise, will any fans of both Animorphs and StarGate help me in coming up with a few ideas of how a good crossover/mix would work?

First Question
What would be better? Animorphs with the Stargate and humans on other worlds or StarGate with Yeerks and Andalites instead of Goa'uld?

Milamber

fdragon010
Warrior
Warrior
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole and south of the North Pole

Re: Animorphs StarGate Crossover

Post by fdragon010 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:31 am

How about this: the Yeerks detect alien tech in the moutians where the Stargate is kept (obviously the Stargate itself), and start an investigation, maybe infesting a few people along the way. The Animorphs find out through the Chee and they go to investigate the base as well...

Oh, and please don't do the last few seasons of Stargate, please. I, personally, prefer Jack O'Neil and Hammond to the "Revial of the Farscape" group.
Image Dracula: Because real vampires do not sparkle...unless you want me to laugh at them.

BeyondtheEllimist
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by BeyondtheEllimist » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:10 pm

*Wishes he had seen this thread sooner* I don't have any ideas at the moment, but I would be glad to help
There is much that is beyond the Ellimist . . . he just won't admit it.
Check out my fanfic series, Novamorphs. It has the Animorphs' children fighting a second Yeerk invasion. First book: The Infestation.Second book: The Search.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:18 pm

I've only just started watching Stargate, but the similarities in some aspects were one of the things that drew me into the series.

The Yeerks would definitely know about the Stargate - something putting out that much energy would definitely draw their attention. That said, it is a top secret project, so getting someone inside wouldn't be easy. Eventually, though, they'd probably manage it. The real question is how the Animorphs would find out.

Ordinarily, I'd say Chee, but that doesn't work here. If there were any Chee involved with the Stargate project, they'd run and tell the Animorphs right away. And if they knew that the Yeerks were investigating some powerful alien tech, they would again go and tell the Anis. So the Chee must be oblivious.

Here's a thought: what if the Andalites discovered a lost Stargate on their own world? They'd do some investigating and maybe find out that there's one on Earth - I'm sure Andalites could figure out how to dial one up, they're very smart.

Perhaps the Andalite equivalent of SG1 encounters our SG1 while both are exploring the same planet and the Andalites go back to Earth with Jack and Co. There, they let Hammond and friends know about the Yeerks and perhaps one of the Stargate teams (Presumably SG1) gets sent to California to check things out.

Someone else can pick it up from there.

Damn, now I want to write this story.

Spencer
Rampant AI
Rampant AI
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by Spencer » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:05 pm

I want this story written as well. I've been following the series since I saw the movie. I definitely agree that this should be made.

*casts sideways glance at cap*

DARREN
Civilian

Post by DARREN » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:12 am

Since we wanna have it written lets write together

War Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor

Post by War Prince Arleal-Breeyar-Fangor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:05 pm

I've never watched StarGate, (though maybe I should...) but anything on Earth that would attract the Yeerks like that would also attract the Chee. They most certainly have passive sensors looking for those kinds of things.

BeyondtheEllimist
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by BeyondtheEllimist » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:54 pm

capnnerefir wrote:Ordinarily, I'd say Chee, but that doesn't work here. If there were any Chee involved with the Stargate project, they'd run and tell the Animorphs right away. And if they knew that the Yeerks were investigating some powerful alien tech, they would again go and tell the Anis. So the Chee must be oblivious.
Not necessarily. The Chee wouldn't run and tell the Anis about something like that until they ran into something that only the Anis could handle. As long as Earth can take care of itself against the Goa'uld and all the other Stargate baddies, which they handle quite well, no need to drag the Anis into it and add that to their plate. Therefore, the only point where the Chee would undoubtedly run and tell the Anis is when they find proof of Yeerk involvement.
There is much that is beyond the Ellimist . . . he just won't admit it.
Check out my fanfic series, Novamorphs. It has the Animorphs' children fighting a second Yeerk invasion. First book: The Infestation.Second book: The Search.

TigerMonkey
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by TigerMonkey » Sat May 14, 2011 10:46 am

Part of the StarGate backstory is that there was an alliance of 4 great races where humans could be the 5th. Perhaps this is not the first time a 5th race was invited... When you have an alliance that usually means your are allied opposed to some one else... Gives to possibility for a new backstory.