Animorphs #68: The Redemption (New Alien Madness!)

All non-original works should be posted here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Animorphs #68: The Redemption (New Alien Madness!)

Post by capnnerefir » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:45 pm

Hey, I just finished 69 (go ahead and laugh), and a good chunk of MM5. So, I'm going to give you a preview of my upcoming Megamorphs book. This is from Ax's POV:

I was quickly becoming worried. The disappearance of my shorm was one thing, and there were plausible explanations for it. Rachel's absence, too, could be explained. But the circumstances were suspicious, and so were my friends. They even accused me of being a Controller.
<Perhaps there is some sort of recording in the Reliquary's database?> I suggested. The ship recorded more than the others suspected, more than it was ever intended to. Perhaps there was some evidence of the reason for this dropped cup. And for the lack of an owner.
Jake nodded. “Alright. Go for it.”
I placed my hands on the control node and immediately was bombarded with two things. Two messages left in the system. <There are two messages here,> I told them. I accessed the first one.
A hologram appeared in the air before us. There were three figures in it. All three were human. The first was a small human male, with a long nose. His features were almost childlike; perhaps they could be called elfin. His clothing was a simple grey suit, and his appearance was neatly trimmed. Behind him was a larger human, with yellow-ish skin, black hair, and slanted eyes. His hair was wild, a mess. He wore a black one-piece jumpsuit that bore something I knew all too well. The insignia of the old Yeerk Empire.
The third figure was Rachel. Her wrists were behind her back, presumably restrained. There was a gag in her mouth; I understand that it is an effective way of silencing a human. Andalties, of course, are much harder to stop. She was leaning on the yellow man's shoulder and appeared to be unconscious. I suddenly had no doubts as to what caused Tobias to disappear so suddenly.
The elfin one spoke quietly, in a nasal monotone. “Greetings, Devil Prince. You can see why we have contacted you. I am Salheer Six-Seven-One. With me is Kalroth Three-Three-Seven, of the New Yeerk Order. I am sure you recognize our guest.
“We have been bidden to give you a message from the one you call the Visser. If you report to the Yeerk pool in your town within three hours and submit to voluntary infestation, she will be released without harm. If you fail to do so, Kalroth will enjoy killing them both. If you attempt any sort of trickery, both will die. You have three hours, Devil Prince. It is suggested that you use them wisely.” The hologram winked out.
Prince Jake opened his mouth, but I interrupted. <There is a second message,> I told him. I accessed that one, too. An image of Tobias appeared this time.
“Look... I know that you probably came looking for me. It may not be too late. I'm sure you saw that other message. I...I can't let them kill either of them. I just can't. But I can't throw this war away for them, either. So I'm going to save them or die trying. I know I can't stop you from trying to help, so I'll just ask that you try, try, to make sure that no harm comes to either of them.” Again, the image disappeared.
We all stared at each other. “Ax...” Marco began, “when did that first message come through?”
I checked the time and almost fainted. “Almost two hours ago. Tobias left his message shortly thereafter.>
Jake cursed. “That means we have one hour to find Rachel, rescue her, and pull Tobias out of whatever he's going to try to do. Any suggestions?”
“Maybe Al could trace the communication or something,” Marco suggested. “Find out where it came from.”
Jake nodded. “Someone go get him. Right now.” Cassie ran out of the ship. We stood around, trying to think of what our next move could possibly be. There was nothing we could plan without any sort of location, though.
Cassie returned with Alloran after only twenty-seven Earth seconds. Alloran seemed wide awake. And he was very clearly scared and nervous. Any Andalite could recognize the signs. Immediately, he set to work at the control node.
Several long minutes passed. <Alloran, are you making any progress?>
There was a moment of silence. Then, <No, I am afraid not. There is an encryption unlike anything I have seen before. I have no idea how to go about breaking it. It is entirely alien to me. Even the alphabet, so to speak, is foreign.>
“You can do Yeerk technology just fine,” Marco commented.
<All Yeerk technology is based off of Andalite technology,> Alloran answered. <This...I must admit that I suspect the Pythagi Conglomerate. Some of these symbols resemble things I saw on their outpost, but that is only speculation. I have no idea how to do this. I... I am sorry, I...>
If Andalites could shed tears, Alloran would have been. I placed a hand between his stalk eyes. <It is not your fault,> I assured him. <All is not lost yet.>
Jake nodded. “Yeah. You go to bed, Alloran. It'll all be fine in the morning. We happen to know some guys who have been at this a lot longer than you have. The Chee will have this hacked for us in no time.”
Marco sighed. “So it's another after-hours visit to Tri-I, then? I always hate those.”
“Better than the midnight run to the Yeerk Pool Tobias is probably pulling,” Cassie reminded him. That made me wonder just where Tobias was. Knowing him as I did, he would very calmly assess the situation. And then go in, as humans say, with guns blazing. I only hoped we were not too late to help.

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:55 am

Awesome Is one word to describe this Lactose is another though im not sure how that works but anyway the word i would use to describe this is AWESOME cant wait to read the next one :) :) :) :)
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:17 am

Glad you liked it.

Lactose usually refers to dairy; I'm not sure if it's applicable here...

Anyhow, be sure you don't get confused. The next book is Megamorphs #5: A New Foe, not book 69.

I hope you enjoy it (or, you know, go to hell).

Dr Sario
GIMPer
GIMPer

Post by Dr Sario » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:59 am

Lactose is a protein found in milk some people are allergic to.
According to Wiktionary:
"The disaccharide sugar of milk and dairy products, C12H22O11, (a product of glucose and galactose) used as a food and in medicinal compounds.”
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster."

Elfangor
The Chee
The Chee

Post by Elfangor » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Dr Sario wrote:Lactose is a protein found in milk some people are allergic to.
According to Wiktionary:
"The disaccharide sugar of milk and dairy products, C12H22O11, (a product of glucose and galactose) used as a food and in medicinal compounds.”
Yes i do know that but Rachels pregnant what the hell don't bother me about my ramblings I'm not normal ask your toaster.

PS. I did know that the Megamorphs come first and im already reading it
You all have guns
And you never put the safety on
And you all have plans,
To take it

Don't Take It