Animorphs on Netflix

Liked the new episode of Heroes/Lost? Post about it here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
lady_summoner
Donator
Donator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Animorphs on Netflix

Post by lady_summoner » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't know if anyone else saw this yet, but you can stream Animorphs on Netflix now. I think I'm going to watch all of them. I'm pretty sure I only saw like the first two when it was on TV.

ETA: Ok I watched some more episodes and I had to have watched at least the first 3 episodes back then. I still remember thinking, "it's a good thing those rocks were laying right there on the Yeerk pool pier for Cassie to throw into the pool." in episode 3.
Last edited by lady_summoner on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Animorphs on Netflix

Post by gh astly » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm pretty pumped for this. I can probably use a capture software to finally get decent quality video of the Season 2 episodes. :D
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

lady_summoner
Donator
Donator

Post by lady_summoner » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:23 am

I watched the first two last night. As cheesy as it is, that scene with Rachel and her little sister was pretty adorable.

Just to let you know, the episodes are out of order so you may want to have IMDB up when you watch. Episode 1 My Name is Jake Part 1 is the first episode but My Name is Jake Part 2 is listed as episode 6. I've had this issue with other shows on Netflix too. I have no idea how they get them out of order like that.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:47 pm

My family doesn't have Netflix. Because of that, I bought episode 1 on iTunes to see how terrible the show was. If you imagine the show as a comedy/parody of Animorphs, it's actually decent.
There are so many plot holes and inconsistencies which I actually found funny. The biggest one is really obvious: Elfangor gets the Escafil Device (aka. the blue cube) from nowhere. It's clear that he doesn't wear clothes, being an alien and all, and it wasn't like he expected to see anybody come voer to him. Is he a kangaroo or something with a pouch? Also, all of the characters with the exception of Rachel look nothing like how I pictured them.

Visser Three's voice, though. How do you not crack up? I watched the show at around 9 PM, and I think my mother thought me mad.

(NOTE: I'm not some creepy guy living in his mom's basement, I'm a kid.)
I'm way more active on RAF. If you want to contact me, go there.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:12 pm

If you want a real funny voice for Visser Three, well, look no further than the link in my sig. :P

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince
Location: You're right! That place you're thinking of? I live there! Are you a psychic?

Post by YeerkSalad » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:16 pm

gh astly wrote:If you want a real funny voice for Visser Three, well, look no further than the link in my sig. :P
I'd love to watch it, but until it gets censored, there isn't a chance. Ya know, parental restrictions and all.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:05 pm

Ah, OK. I'll work on censoring everything after the series is finished. Which shouldn't take too long.

YeerkSalad
War-Prince
War-Prince

Post by YeerkSalad » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:55 am

gh astly wrote:Ah, OK. I'll work on censoring everything after the series is finished. Which shouldn't take too long.
So, rather than making a "bleep"' sound, when you censor, will it simply be silencing the language? Also, how strong is said language?

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant

Post by gh astly » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:53 am

Probably going to just be making a bleep sound. It's pretty easy to do in Audacity. And it's pretty strong. There isn't a single episode where we don't drop at least a few f-bombs.

Ayyronio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ayyronio » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:47 am

F-Bombs just make emotions better. :)