Doctor Who

Liked the new episode of Heroes/Lost? Post about it here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Dest
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Doctor Who

Post by Dest » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 am

Why wasn't this topic here BEFORE?

Who fans, gear up your TARDISes (TARDI?), because we're about to go mad-man-with-a-box all up in this forum.
Time is not wasted if you enjoyed what you were doing.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Re: Doctor Who

Post by BabelFish42 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Yes!! Okay, hmm, let's kick this off with an ice breaker.

Favorite Doctor? Favorite companion? Favorite alien species? Favorite episode? How did you get into the series? Favorite quotes?

Okay, so that's 6 ice breaker questions. DW fans, you now have now excuse not to say something.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BabelFish42 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Now to answer some of my own questions...

My favorite is definitely 10th Doctor; how can you NOT love David Tennant?? I was pretty sad when he was leaving, though I have to admit, the 11th guy's not bad either.

Martha Jones is probably my favorite companion, though I haven't seen all the older episodes.

In case my avatar wasn't enough to clue you in, I love the episode "Blink." First one I saw. My brother got me into the series by showing my Blink. The Weeping Angels are pretty cool, though I'm not sure they're my favorite... so many species, I'd have to think about that question some more.

And I have so many favorite quotes, but I'll start out with just one: "wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff." XD
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

Dest
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by Dest » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes! David Tennant makes up 5% of my 7% gay :P I think Matt Smith is ugly as all-get-out, but still makes a good Doctor as far as acting.
My favorite companion was Rose, but I always forget her name and just call her Billi Piper (the actress's name)
"Blink" is one of my favorite episodes too, but I must say that my VERY personal favorite has to be The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pitt. They reminded me of Dead Space :D
As for species, it's impossible for me to not love the Daleks.

And finally, with quotes,
The Doctor: Excuse me, Zach, wasn't it?
Zach: That's me.
The Doctor: Just stand there. 'Cause I'm going to hug you. Is that all right?
Zach: 'Spose so.
The Doctor: Here we go. Comin' in! Human Beings. You are amazing. Ha! Thank you.
Zach: Not at all.
The Doctor: But apart from that you're completely mad. You should pack your bags, get back in that ship and fly for your lives.
Time is not wasted if you enjoyed what you were doing.

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral

Post by BabelFish42 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 am

I LOVE that episode!!! "Blink" will always have a special place it my heart, but honestly, I like the Satan Pitt even better. It is just... awesome. Especially this part:
The Beast: You know nothing. All of you. So small. The captain, so scared of command. The soldier, haunted by the eyes of his wife. The scientist, still running from Daddy. The little boy who lied. The virgin. And the lost girl, so far away from home. The valiant child who will die in battle so very soon...

The Doctor: You want to listen to voices in the dark, listen to mine! ….What makes his version of the truth any better than mine? Hmm? ‘Cuz I’ll tell you what I can see – humans, brilliant humans, humans who can travel all the way across space, flying in a tiny little rocket right into the orbit of a black hole, just for the sake of discovery, that’s amazing! Do you hear me? Amazing! All of you!
Also loved the part you quoted :)

levibrian
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by levibrian » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 am

Doctor Who is one of mine favorite show. Each and every episode of this show is mind blowing. In this show, Amy Pond is one of mine favorite character of this show. I have enjoyed it's lot of episodes with my friends and spent a lot of time .

Click Here To watch Blue Mountain State TV Show Online.

LadyFaith
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by LadyFaith » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:28 am

I've started watching it yesterday...one friend of mine is a Doctor-Who-addicted, and she gave me the first 3 seasons. So at the moment I don't have a favorite Doctor or companion :) but she told me once about some aliens (maybe the Silents or something like that) of which you forgot when you are not looking at them...amazing!
P.S.: my husband noticed that sometimes the Doctor behaves like Ax :lol:

aniwhovimorphian
Warrior
Warrior
Location: Sitting in front of my computer screen accomplishing nothing.

Post by aniwhovimorphian » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

I used to be a bigger fan of doctor who than, to be honest, probably anyone here. That is until Moffat. Who (other than the library episodes) ruined doctor who. It's still a good show, but it is 100% different than the old seasons (New series, David Tennant & Christopher Eccleson)
The to episodes that crossed the line for me where the new wheeping angels episodes and the season seven finale, where they ruin everything Davis had built up to in the seasons 1-4 plot.
Everything else is sort of on the line between me holding myself together and me wanting to kill Moffat (I don't actually want to murder people for the way they make a TV show)

aniwhovimorphian
Warrior
Warrior
Location: Sitting in front of my computer screen accomplishing nothing.

Post by aniwhovimorphian » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Oh, And as you can see, my username is a combination of Anifan and Whovian

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:32 pm

<Favorite Doctor? Favorite companion? Favorite alien species? Favorite episode? How did you get into the series? Favorite quotes?
The 9th Doctor (I've only seen the 9th and 11th doctors, sorry I have not seen David Tennant yet, so he can't be my favorite yet. Kind of like someone not liking chocolate because they haven't tried it yet.), Amy Pond would be my favorite companion so far, I don't know my favorite species yet, however "The Pandorica Opens" was my favorite episode so far, perhaps because I haven't seen "Blink" yet.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20