Avatar: The Last Airbender- What do you bend?

Liked the new episode of Heroes/Lost? Post about it here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.

Which Element do you Bend?

Water
14%
Earth
36%
Fire
14%
Air
29%
Spirit
No votes
The Avatar
7%
Not a bender
No votes

Total votes: 14

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Avatar: The Last Airbender- What do you bend?

Post by The_Brigadier » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:13 am

Which element would you bend if you could?

I choose earth; it's strong and steady, very ubiquitous, and very much represents me: stubborn and enduring.
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender- What do you bend?

Post by capnnerefir » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:04 am

I went with Earth as well. While it might not be the best representation of my personality, it just seems to be far more useful in general than any of the others. And the additional option of metal bending is a great bonus; it's kind of like getting two for one.

scaredypuppy
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by scaredypuppy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:17 am

I apparently convinced capn that Earthbending was the bestest ever. I don't remember that very well, but it makes sense. If I had to choose a second, it would be Water. I think it would fit me.

nomadsland
Commander
Commander

Post by nomadsland » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:58 am

Water, hands down. Not only do I think it suits me, but water is also everywhere. I don't know everything about bending capabilities and thus don't know if a bender can be skilled enough to draw water from the air (maybe from rain clouds?), but it is truly difficult to escape this element. Water is enduring and wears down rocks. It always finds a way, maneuvering around obstacles and slipping through the tiniest cracks. It smothers fire, its opposite, and it can be boiling hot or icy cold. In fact, water bending also has the option of ice bending, which could be useful for walking across water or incapacitating enemies.

And honestly, the only circumstance I can think of in which I would need to use my bending skills in the desert is if I were under attack. And even then, I have a source of water to work with. Blood bending, anyone? Taboo my tuckus, if I'm being attacked I will defend myself any way I can.
At least it will be a quick death...

Actually, I can think of a lot of morbid uses for water bending. I'm a terrible, terrible person.
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Blood bending can only be done during the full moon. Only a true master would be able to do it at any time.

Also: Wow! This actually got some responses. You make me feel special! <3
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

nomadsland
Commander
Commander

Post by nomadsland » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Good point. Though I did base my response on the assumption that I would want to become a bending master. ;)
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:54 pm

John3Sobieski wrote:If you're on a boat, an earth bender is screwed.
That depends on what my boat is made out of. If, say, I made my boat by bending some earth near some water, I've got complete control over the boat. Also, there's earth beneath the water - on the bottoms of rivers, the oceans, etc. It's surprisingly hard to get away from.

Really, is it any wonder the firebenders started killing everyone? There isn't a whole lot else you can do with fire.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:32 pm

You can do plenty with firebending! Like cooking, keeping people warm, having light at night or in dark areas, and... killing... But the Sun Worshippers said themselves that fire is also a representation life.

But the fire nation started their global conquest because Sozin wanted to spread the glories of the fire nation: industry, advanced black-smithing, and machines.

Silvanthato
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Silvanthato » Wed May 30, 2012 3:14 am

Air for sure! I think its such a versatile element to bend and you can have so much fun with it too. Though to be honest I am caught between air and water...but I voted air!
Galatians 2:20

st753m
Civilian

Post by st753m » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:13 am

I'd pick earth. I really like the steady, defensive type of combat. Earth benders can also create large architectural things without worrying that they'll melt in warm weather.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall