Legend of the Seeker

Liked the new episode of Heroes/Lost? Post about it here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
darksith
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Legend of the Seeker

Post by darksith » Sat May 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Legend of the Seeker is a tv show that just ended tonight (:() after two seasons. It was a fun fantasy show based off of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Personally, I loved the show, and was sad to see it go, but I was wondering what everyone else thought of it. Are there any fans of the book series here?

nomadsland
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Legend of the Seeker

Post by nomadsland » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:25 am

Oh, so the show has ended for good? I heard rumors that there is going to be a third season. I thought the show was fun to watch, but I've never read the books, which I'm told would have made me despise the tv show.
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by capnnerefir » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:43 pm

I was a bit sad to find that it was canceled.

My thoughts on the show are kind of complicated.

All things considered, it really wasn't very good. A lot of the dialog was either stilted or forced, about 70% of episodes were filler, and the second season just tried to shove sex at us all the time and it got very old very, very fast. The characters really weren't all that memorable or even very likable, with Bruce Spence's character being one of few exceptions. The episodes were pretty formulaic and you could pretty much guess where everything was going from the first five or ten minutes.

All that said, I'm sad to see it go. It isn't very often that we see a fantasy book series taken and turned into a TV show and Legend of the Seeker was probably the biggest effort I've ever seen made at this - that's why I watched it in the first place. In this respect, it was indeed groundbreaking. I figured that if enough people watched it, perhaps the networks would be more willing to greenlight other fantasy TV shows in decent timeslots. Belgariad TV show anyone? That'd be awesome. So for this reason, I'm sorry to see that the Seeker's journey has ended. Season 1 was kind of lame, and Season 2 kinda pissed me off, but I'd still stick around for a Season 3.

Also, I was REALLY impressed by Craig Parker's acting skills. His character in particular was pretty generic, and his lines were pretty rough to work with, but he carried it off with a sort of flare that I've rarely seen and he really was a joy to watch. I was particularly impressed with his performance in the episode "Walter" in which he played two identical characters with completely different personalities (and voices) and did it extremely well. I'd LOVE to see him again.

nomadsland
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by nomadsland » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:03 pm

I completely agree, capn. On one hand, I hated the premise because it was a generic hero's journey shtick and the characters were the usual stereotypes. The fillers (which really was most of the season) drove me crazy and I even skipped a few because I hate fillers...a lot. But I couldn't stop watching it. There were certain things about it that I liked, such as the lighting, the film sites and architecture, the costumes, and all the fun magical stuff. I think Craig Parker did an excellent job, and I would keep watching the show just to see him. :)
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

Suzano-O
Gedd

Post by Suzano-O » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:14 pm

I've only seen about 3 random episodes so far, but the series itself seems interesting enough...

It's just an issue with me being able to catch it when it comes on =P...

I agree about the lighting, tho...superb...