Any anime nerds / otakus out here?

Liked the new episode of Heroes/Lost? Post about it here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
darkwriter00
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Any anime nerds / otakus out here?

Post by darkwriter00 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm quite an avid anime watcher. I usually end up saving up for some series I see On Demand.

My most favorite anime series ever is Darker Than Black, season 1. So good. Blassreiter I believe comes at a very close second.

Other ones to which I own and enjoy...in no particular order!

RahXephon
Black Cat
Elfen Lied
Fantastic Children
Wolf's Rain
Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle (only have the first season so far, but I plan to get more eventually)
Kaze No Stigma
Descendants of Darkness
Devil May Cry (Well, there are parts and pieces of this mini-series that aren't so good but it's still a good watch nonetheless.)

Anime that I've been into On Demand...

The Count of Monte Cristo (wow the animation is so fancy-like and beautiful)
Durarara!!
Nabari no Ou

Manga that I've been into; InuYasha (anime is good too), Claymore, Black Cat, and xXxHolic (saw the Holic anime On Demand and enjoyed that too!)
|) /-\ R |< \/\/ R ][ T 3 R

Rock on, AniFans!

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by The_Brigadier » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:55 am

I used to love anime so much. Then I got sick of the poor writing and the cliches and stopped watching. Though three that I wouldn't mind watching again are Elfen Lied, Death Note [which is basically a modern retelling of Faust], and Gankutsuo [The Count of Monte Cristo].
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

Lyndsi
Civilian
Favourite Animorph: Tobias
Location: In front of my window, with the wind in my face and not a care in the world!

Post by Lyndsi » Mon May 28, 2012 10:08 am

*only likes one though I've finished many!!!! (and some of them aren't worth the time of day, Kimi To Boku and Chihayafuru for example)* but DETECTIVE CONAN IS <3!!!!! I have seen all 15 movies to date (16th coming out in November) All the OVAs, and all 655 episodes that are out to date.

But of the ones I've finished top seven
Conan (still ongoing and probably will never finish at the rate Gosho's going (file 718 in the manga...that is all and frankly I can't wait to see THAT animated)
'Hanasaku Iroha
Ano Hana
Angel Beats
Cowboy Bebop (anyone who doesn't like this show shall make me sob)
I also liked Shiki (and I just realized that Jerry Jewell is going to be the voice of the main male character....much like the Conan dub!!! GO SHINICHI!)
Baccano (J. Michael Tatum's Issac in the dub is extraordinarily AWESOME)
Durarara (Crispin Freeman VS Johnny Yong Bosch with Crispin Freeman yelling IZAYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA every time Shizuo sees him pure Shizuya fangirl <3)

Tarren
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by Tarren » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:06 pm

I go through Anime watching phases, I'm not in one right now, but I have a lot of stuff I've been meaning to watch. I got into it when Netflix started getting anime series on streaming. Most of what I've watched was on there, but I do have a few on DVD.

Some of my favourites:
Claymore
Baccano
Romeo x Juliet (I'm not a Shakespeare fan, but I liked there interpretation a lot)
Soul Eater (It started off a little immature for my taste, but after a few episodes I really got into it.)
Now and Then, Here and Now (Super depressing, but really good)
Full Metal Alchemist

xenawarriorprincess
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by xenawarriorprincess » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:58 pm

I LOOOOOOVE anime and manga! so i'm gonna try to make a list of ones that I have either watched or read, but I'm sure I can't think of them all.

Ouran High School Host Club
Dengeki Daisy
Black Butler
Pandora Hearts
Hana to Akuma
Yotsubato
Azumanga Daioh
Gurren Lagaan
One Piece
Kaichou wa Maid Sama!
Lovely Complex
Another
Usagi Drop
The Wallflower
Alice in the Country of Hearts
Penguin Kakumei
Cardcaptor Sakura
Kimi ni Todoke

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

BabelFish42
Admiral
Admiral
Favourite Animorph: Cassie

Post by BabelFish42 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Wow, it's been such a long time since I watched/read any...

Inuyasha!! My first anime love :-) I think I liked the show mainly for all the secondary characters. Loved how there were lotsa morally ambiguous characters too.

Fullmetal Alchemist. As far as I can remember, this was pretty good. I love stories centered around well done sibling relationships.

Cowboy Bebop. Um... I read it. I liked it okay. Don't remember much else.

Fruits Basket! Borrowed these from one of my gay friends in junior high. I think I liked them mainly b/c the series gave him a story that he really liked and resonated with. That, and they were pretty funny at times.

Dragonball Z. There was a serious lack of meaningful female characters in that series :-/ But I still liked watching it with my brother. 'twas entertaining. Oh yeah, and Yu-gi-oh! I remember enjoying it, but I don't remember much else.

Not a big fan of Pokemon, Digimon, or Sailor Moon. To be fair, though, I never really watched Digimon... I was too annoyed with it for being such a shameless rip off of Pokemon.

And... yep, that's all I can remember.
Anifan on Reddit: "Do you realize you're one of the reasons why I write fiction in my free time?"
KA: "So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack."

archentidewarp
Gedd

Post by archentidewarp » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:39 am

... Reviving this thread. Has anyone seen any of the latest Studio Ghibli films? We're might go catch Marnie here soon, maybe someone has seen it already and can recommend or not