Heroes

Liked the new episode of Heroes/Lost? Post about it here.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Re: Heroes

Post by TF. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 am

I actually gave Heroes a chance and watched the first two series, but it was not worth it. :( The concept's laughable and the execution is almost as bad. Really, this is the usual highly-rated serial junk with a slight superhero/comic spin on it. Not worth it at all.
Image Image Image Image

Master Crayak
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Master Crayak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:14 am

I thought that the concept is great, but you are right, the execution of that concept is bad.
I like Sylar, he is my fav on that show.
Too bad about how he turned out in the end...
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/atheists.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db ... =172#comic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master
Location: We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live. It's too risky... (Australia)

Post by TF. » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:42 pm

I almost liked Hiro when I started watching but I just ended up hating the lot of them. ;)
Image Image Image Image

nomadsland
Commander
Commander
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Post by nomadsland » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:52 am

I did enjoy watching Heroes for the first two seasons. Admittedly, the whole "next stage of evolution" concept was just plain silly with the kind of powers people were getting, and I was mad that the characters with the more useful/cool powers (I think) all ended up dead, usually killed by Sylar. I also disliked all the "alternate reality" episodes/flashbacks, though I have a soft spot for the BA Hiro Goes to Feudal Japan story arc. I got halfway through season 3 and said "screw it, this show no longers interests me" and stopped watching it.
Launch forth into the deep

Allons-y!

TF.
Poke'mon Master
Poke'mon Master

Post by TF. » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm

I was fortunately saved by only having the first two seasons on my hard drive, and they weren't even complete. Also, evolution=magical powers (with no physical basis). How does that work? ;)
Image Image Image Image

tlnz
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Ax

Post by tlnz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:13 am

I personally really enjoyed heroes, It was one of my favorite shows. Kind of gutted that it ended but that's all good, kind of saw it going that way.

Would love to see a bonus 2 hour episode or something though

Sini
Aristh
Aristh
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Post by Sini » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:13 am

I LOVE HEROES IT IS THE BEST SHOW EVER NOTHING COMPARES IT IS SO GREAT!!!! I HAVE SENT MULTIPLE LETTERS TO NBC YELLING AT THEM FOR CANCELLING IT WHEN THE NEW SHOWS BROUGHT IN ARE GETTING EVEN WORSE RATINGS BEST SHOW BEST SHOW I WANT IT BACK I WATCHED SEASON 4 SO GREAT BEST SEASON HAS ANYONE READ THE ONLINE GRAPHIC NOVELS SO GREAT I LOVE THEM

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:41 pm

<I saw the first 3 seasons, never saw the last episode.>
<My wife got me the first season on DVD however one of the disks was cracked.>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20