Animorphs game.

Discuss about games here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
Senterpat
Gedd
Favourite Animorph: Jake

Animorphs game.

Post by Senterpat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, long time fan of animorphs. I've been going to school for video game design, and am hoping to one day make a game worthy of the animorphs title. There have been a few games, but they have all been train wrecks. I've tossed some ideas around on other fansites, and am coming here now for ideas and feedback.

I can't see a game that could have the same story as the books, there's too many subtleties involved, but the animorphs story is awesome for a game. I want it to follow the same basic story, but I don't want there to be any missions that have to end the same as the books, I'd like the player to be able to choose their own ending of each chapter, based on the decisiOns they made.
I do have a problem, I want the player to be a sixth animorphs, maybe one that accidentally ended up in the construction site... Maybe a group of people that acquire the morphing power seperatly from the originals, maybe the find the morphing cube and then the original animorphs inform them about everything once the find them, drawing the player into the war.

gh astly
Djentle Djiant
Djentle Djiant
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: Animorphs game.

Post by gh astly » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:30 am

I think that having a new group of Animorphs is a good idea. And please, for the love of all cinnamon buns, make a game that is better than the ones already made! We need a real Animorphs game!
Animorphs: The Abridged Series. Post there so I'm not lonely.

So just shut your face and take a seat, 'cause after all, we're just talking meat. And music?

Well, it's just entertainment, folks.

Sorunome
Warrior
Warrior
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

Post by Sorunome » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:54 pm

I thought of programming a animorphs role playing game but first I'll have to become a bit better in programming and I wouldn't be able to do levels and story etc. but as you don't need any programming experience for that I thought of crating a topic then when it's time for me to start programming :)
Wait, what happened? Oh, you just lost THE GAME

tuyga
Gedd

Post by tuyga » Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 am

How about in the game, the group must acquire the DNA of the right animals to advance into new areas. Like a mouse to get through a tiny hole and a bird to fly over a large wall. Sneaking about, dodging sights would also be a fun game element.

Menno
Prince
Prince
Favourite Animorph: Rachel

Post by Menno » Mon May 28, 2012 7:19 pm

I see big potential for a "free-form" game, sort of like Elder Scrolls, but perhaps a bit more structured (in that the player's options would be a bit more limited by the progression of the story). I think it would also be pretty cool if it had 100+ possible different endings. There could be the possibility of playing through the story exactly like in the books, but also dozens of other possibilities. And, a "training mode" apart from the main game, for sharpening skills, where you just keep fighting tougher and tougher (or more and more) enemies until you finally die. Within the context of the game, the training mode could be a simulation created by Ellimist or Crayak. It might be an "unlockable".

Visser 5
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Visser 5 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:52 pm

The training mode could be you as an Andalite in training on the homeworld before going to Earth to help the humans who are already there.

...I don't really like that idea, but I'll still post it, hoping that some one will see it and come up with something better.
Vote for me! I will fix everything, giving everyone health care, food, a home with high speed internet and a good paying job, & kill everyone who makes more then $1 million per year &give their money to the poorest 10%.

Tobias_Marco
Proud Uncle
Proud Uncle

Post by Tobias_Marco » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:08 pm

<There have been a few people who have talked about making a new Animorphs video game. Maybe you should all work together?>
True education, true science, true religion is the search for truth.
Matthew 28:16-20, John 3:14-20