SKYRIM

Discuss about games here
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules carefully before you post.

If you like AnimorphsFanForum.com, please consider making a donation. Any donation will go towards the cost of the hosting, the domain and any other running costs.
capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite Animorph: Tobias

SKYRIM

Post by capnnerefir » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm loving this game hardcore. Anyone else?

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain
Favourite Animorph: Marco

Re: SKYRIM

Post by The_Brigadier » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 pm

What's Skyrim?
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:16 am

The latest game in the Elder Scrolls series - very highly anticipated. The series is rightly praised for its inventive, open-world design and the freedom it gives players. Basically, they throw you into this epic fantasy world and let you go about doing whatever it is you want to do.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Okay. And what's Elder Scrolls? What's the the plot?
♫When playin' Jazz you always has a welcome mat, cuz everybody digs a swingin' kat!♫

bchandler
Gedd

Post by bchandler » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:09 pm

My son had it pre ordered. He and I are loving it... It is a huge game that would take any rpg enthusiast weeks if not months to do everything in the game, and much like it's predecessor oblivion, by the time you do so they will have add on quests available.

The_Brigadier
Captain
Captain

Post by The_Brigadier » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:00 am

Oh, that's it? I don't see all the fuss but whatever. Fun is fun.

capnnerefir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by capnnerefir » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:16 pm

The fuss is about the sheer amount of content in these games. They pioneered the open-world design and non-linear gameplay. There's so much to do and so many places to see that it's impossible to do it all in one go. Gina and I are both playing it now, and aside from a few parts of the plot, we've been doing completely different things the whole time.

Hell, I have two different games going right now because there was some stuff I wanted to do that didn't fit with my current character.

AneeshTheGreat
Donator
Donator

Post by AneeshTheGreat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 am

Well, I've never played ANY rpg besides Pokemon and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. That means I've never touched any Fable, Fallout or Mass Effect. In fact, i only heard of the The Elder Scrolls series cuz of the big splash that Skyrim made. The closest I've come is rpg-ified versions of other genres, like GTA San Andreas and NFS Shift. Also, I abhorred the only real Action rpg game I ever played, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (though that was for a bunch of different reasons, not the least of which was that LEVELLING UP WAS RANDOM!

That said, I am no stranger to either open world or non linear games (GTAs, Mafia 2, Batman AA and AC), and generally enjoy both, though they usually occur together.

Would you recommend Skyrim to a person like me? If yes, would you advise playing through the previous entries in the series first? I have the means and patience to do so if it is of use, and have done so for various franchises, with arying degrees of success ( Max Payne 1&2 were fabulous even by today's standards, from a gameplay perspective, and got me nicely aquainted with Bullet Time mechanics. On the hand, the first 4 Splinter Cells were COMPLETELY different from Conviction. )
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't. Now 1/4th a Computer Scientist (or Computer Science Engineer, depending on my mood), i can safely say i fall into the first category.

lobom2
Civilian

Post by lobom2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Skyrim is addicting. Thats a guarantee. The only question is for how long? If you can get lost in a game's mythology, then you will love Skyrim. Its not a game that you "finish". I haven't played any of the previous games in the series and got into it just fine. If you do get it, I recommend the PC version, the mods add so much immersion to the game.

muhkuh
Gedd

Post by muhkuh » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:16 pm

I Love Skyrim, altough i loved Oblivion a little bit more.
Sure, the graphic is so much better. But a few Storylines wher better build.
Still addticting